• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups The Kalos Invitational

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out," Rin mused, mostly to herself. "Stupid Len, staying home.. I'll give that dumb twin a piece of my mind soon enough."

"I suppose so," Luna spoke up politely, "I can tell that it's definitely not for me, but I commend you for being able to master that."

"Sid, Detect!" Thomas called out, the Sableye deftly avoiding the charge and weaving to the side.

"Shadow Sneak!" Thomas said after, the Sableye seeming to blend with the shadows on the ground, rising up and striking the Flygon in the back effortlessly.

The attack struck Cephalos before she could halt her previous attack, causing her to veer off course and crash into a wall. When the dust cleared, she was on the ground, spirals in her eyes.

"Flygon is unable to battle! Sableye is the winner!" yelled the announcer, leading to cheers from the crowd as Michael returned her to her Ultra Ball. After a moment of thought, he threw a Pokeball into the air, yelling "Slasher, your turn." The Sceptile appeared with a flourish, landing in front of Michael as the sandstorm started to slowly fade.

"Neither of them seem to have had an advantage by type outside of their supplemental moves so far, it's all been about raw skill and tricks here." Volo said after he thanked Blake for getting the Bagon ready for their later trade and got back to watching the battle. "Let's see what Slasher can bring to the table."

"Who knows?" Blake said. "Either one could have a super-powerful move. But if it does come down to raw skill... I can't wait!"

Thomas stood still for a moment. Normally, with his Sableye, he allowed his opponent to move first to gauge their strategy. But now, it seemed Michael was waiting himself. After a few seconds of a stand-still, Thomas finally spoke. "Sid, use Knock-Off!"

The Sableye flashed a toothy grin, rushing forward quickly and lashing his claws down, seeming to summon a large, shadowy fist from his swipe, aiming to slam straight down on the Sceptile.

Michael waited, taking off his goggles as the Sableye rushed forward. The moment he attacked, Michael said "Push him back with Leaf Blade."

The Sceptile crouched down before leaping forward, slashing upward with a green arm blade.

The Sableye recoiled in shock, the attack connecting and shaking the ghost type off and away. No more direct approaches.

"Sid, Shadow Sneak," Thomas called again, the Sableye shifting into shadows and popping up directly behind the Sceptile, slashing at his backside.

"I see..." He'd noticed Thomas's switch in strategy. "We're going to take a less up front approach, hmm~?" Volo questioned the screen showing the battle between Slasher and Sid.

"Sableye are horrible choices for a main attacker. They are more geared as acting like pests and general annoyances." Touko spoke, rubbing her chin in thought.

Mick nodded as he spoke up. "You're right about that. I've battled quite a few Trainers with a Sableye. Though I did win against then, the battles did take a while."

"If Thomas is in this tournament, I'd say he already knows about that." Volo said. "I've usually battled airborne Pokémon but Sableye's not a completely unknown species to me.

"I fought a wild Sableye once," Blake reminisced. "I decided to let it go, though. It wasn't a very high level..."

Michael was expecting the sneak attack this time. As soon as the Sableye vanished into the shadows, he yelled " Frenzy Plant!"

Slasher slammed its fists on the ground immediately shortly before thick spiky vines shot out of the ground around it. They quickly formed a barrier around the Sceptile.

"Better tighten up that defense, or he's going to find a chance to slink his way in." Touko said, eyes furrowing in concern.

Providing that the Sableye has Keen Eye, he'll spot a gap in the defense and crawl right in.

The first few vines smacked across the Sableye, stunning him briefly before Thomas could yell out another command.

"Sid, Detect!"

The Sableye's eyes glowed, beginning to sense the pattern of the vines and dodging them effortlessly, one after another. Eventually when the vines began to slow their attack speed, Thomas called out again. "Now use Punishment!" The Sableye followed orders, charging up energy between it's hands before dashing forward at the nearest opening it could find to get at the Sceptile.

Using Frenzy Plant had clearly left Slasher drained, as he could not even move as Sid hit him dead on, knocking him through the sphere of vines. As he skidded to a halt, his entire body began to emit a green light, indicating that Overgrow had taken effect.

"Leaf Blade!" Michael yelled out, causing his Sceptile to charge in at an impressive speed, cleaving through the remaining vines as he slashed at Cid.

Touko smiled at the match, excitement filling her. Quite an intense match, especially since one's a Sableye, who so far held his own against a Sceptile.

'I hope I get to fight Thomas-kun. He looks interesting to fight.' Touko thought, the Ecruteakian putting a hand on her chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom