• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Anime's Exact 20th Anniversary! Meet Up at the Pokémon House? Special

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
The Pokémon Anime's Exact 20th Anniversary! Meet Up at the Pokémon House? Special
Airs: April 1, 2017

Here are some summaries of the special, which Dephender translated.
On Saturday April 1st 2017, it will be the exact 20th birthday of the "Pocket Monsters" anime, which started airing April 1st 1997.At the house where Pokémon fans gather, "Pokénchi", both the Pokénchi residents and guests that truly love Pokémon will gather to celebrate that the Pokémon anime is now 20 years old!!

We will bring you tons of precious and nostalgic clips from TV series and movies featuring famous touching scenes and famous Pokémon battles that won't fail to excite you! Not only that, but Abareru-kun and Shokotan will leave Pokénchi to visit a company that produces Pokémon toys, as well as "other Pokénchi"! And you can't miss the special live concert with Rica Matsumoto, the voice of Ash! To celebrate this memorable day, just say "I Choose You" to this special program!!

Cast: Shoko Nakagawa, Hyadain, Abareru-kun, Rinka Otani, Rica Matsumoto, Koichi Yamadera, Hiroshi Yamamoto (from Robert), Louis Kurihara, Tomohisa Sako, Nemu Yumemi and Eimi Naruse (from Dempagumi Inc.), Toshiaki Kasuga (from Audrey), Miyu Koike, Seishiro and Kenshiro Kato, Director Kunihiko Yuyama and more.

Preview

テレビ東京・あにてれ ポケモンの家あつまる?

tumblr_omuciuuQA51ro37quo1_540.png

Is that M20 artwork I see?

What time will this air? I'm interested to see just what counts as "precious", "nostalgic", "famous" and/or "touching".

Eh...let me know if they have any news/footage from Movie 20 or upcoming events on Sun & Moon.

Though I have to wonder what this means for flashbacks in SM20.

This looks more watchable than their "We'll have news on Sun & Moon!" schemes. Hopefully the filler segments don't take much time.

Eh...let me know if they have any news/footage from Movie 20 or upcoming events on Sun & Moon.

Though I have to wonder what this means for flashbacks in SM20.

I doubt that the Pokenchi crew has seen SM20, or that someone cares enough in order to decide which program has which flashbacks.

This looks more watchable than their "We'll have news on Sun & Moon!" schemes. Hopefully the filler segments don't take much time.

I doubt that the Pokenchi crew has seen SM20, or that someone cares enough in order to decide which program has which flashbacks.
Is it possible that Shoko-tan might voice cast a character in SM20 though?
Shoko might have seen parts of the movie, I think.

Is that 4:00pm timeslot EST or JST?
I'm going to guess JST because Japan is 11 hours ahead of the east coast of the US and Canada. Airing at 4:00pm EST wouldn't make much sense since it'll be 5am on April 2, which wouldn't make sense when they want to celebrate the anime's 20th anniversary on April 1. Not to mention, most people would either be sleeping or just waking up at 5am.

Dogasu tweeted that he couldn't believe that he got through the entire episode. I guess Japanese Children's shows like that would make your brain melt. :p

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom