• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokémon Bank and PokéTransporter thread!

For me, it took several days to get all of my bred Pokémon, Unown, story shinies (Dragonite and Haxorus), level 100s, special Pokémon (N''s Zoroark), and legendaries from White 2 to Bank/White 2, merely because my problem was that I wasn't done breeding at the time. I didn't even get hit by any errors most of the time.

I was able to get two of each of them through without a problem, and the seconds of each were clones. Meloetta was the event one, so it was in a Cherish Ball, so the ball isn't a problem, especially since Pokémon you only get through events typically come in them. Arceus was the PGL Arceus someone let me clone so I could have one, and in a Dream Ball. So, yeah, if that Arceus isn't the PGL Arceus, I believe that it's blocked because it's not in a Cherish Ball. No idea what the problem with Meloetta is, though.

Welp, it's certainly somewhat useful despite the clunkiness. I don't get why they made it so you can't use the touch screen except when naming things but oh well.
Having transferred every single legendary and tested the boundaries of its hack check (it's still laughable :p) I've now arranged it like so;
first box contains Unown forms, then all subsequent boxes are for my LiveDex, then the next boxes will be for forme differences (if I can get them) such as Gastrodon, Sawsbuck, etc.

Oh, have I mentioned that Winter Sawsbuck looks amazing? I loved it more than the others in BW2 and I love it more in XY! :D

How do you bypass the hack check? I haven't even tried to because it told me the app would delete itself if I tried to send over a hacked Pokémon. I never compete and all I really use my hackmons for are for 'dex purposes strictly, so it would suck for me to get them banned...

It's safe to try. I had attempted to transfer a Mew I had in White 2 that wasn't an obvious hack but said that it was met at level 2. All it did was prevent it from being transferred, let the others in the box through, and I've had no further problems. And that's also what everyone else has said about when hacks have been blocked. The worst that you'll most likely get is none of the hacks going through at all.

Oh, ok! That's comforting! :) Now I just need to figure out how to register X Version with Bank. It registered my Y Version, which I rarely use, but now it'll only take my Y Version and the app has no option to register the other cartridge, despite the website saying you could register one X and one Y version each... :'(

I've got the physical version of X (for myself) and the digital version of Y (for my brother) on the same 3DS, and it shows both of them. I have no idea what problem you're having, though. The Bank manual states that having the physical and digital versions of the same version has the physical version take priority, but removing the game card lets you use the digital version, so I don't think it registers the games.

Never mind lol I fixed the problem. It's really tedious to only be able to transfer one box at a time, and you can't even choose which one. I have to change back and forth between X and B2 way too much. But anyways, I wonder how you pay for Pokémon Bank? Does it take the $5 from your Nintendo E-Shop account (which means I can pay for it with a pre-paid every year) or does it charge me through another method? Because if I can't pay through the E-Shop, I'm pretty much screwed. :/
I believe it takes from your eShop account, so I think you're good.

I wish they allowed separate item storage, though. If I ever restart my game, I'll have to ask a friend to hold my Mega Stones and all sorts of berries and rare items and everything. It's troublesome.
I agree, a storage for items would be very much appreciated.
Tell me about it. I could try and trade my slag to my downloaded copy of Y, but I'd need to borrow Prime's 3DS and do any trading that way. It would take me a while and I kinda dread thinking about it.

Now, I understand that GF doesn't want us to horde Master Balls but let's be honest here: a lot of people do it. I have 53 on my copy of B2 and they cost me dearly. I'd love to send them over but I can't and that annoys me. I don't use them for catching normal Pokemon; they are meant for shinies and roamers. Now I'll have to try and recollect a few of them from the GTS all over again. And don't get me started on the rare Berries either.
I was able to get two of each of them through without a problem, and the seconds of each were clones. Meloetta was the event one, so it was in a Cherish Ball, so the ball isn't a problem, especially since Pokémon you only get through events typically come in them. Arceus was the PGL Arceus someone let me clone so I could have one, and in a Dream Ball. So, yeah, if that Arceus isn't the PGL Arceus, I believe that it's blocked because it's not in a Cherish Ball. No idea what the problem with Meloetta is, though.
I got a Hall of Origin Arceus through, so I'm not sure how the hack check works at all. I haven't sent over my Meloetta yet and I'm a bit reluctant to do so, even though I'm not entirely sure why. I mean, I know that nothing's going to happen to her; I have Legends resting in a box on Bank and they're good.

To be honest, I am loving Bank. The entire time I was in the FS and searching for a shiny, I could access my boxes and move everything I wanted without having to leave. I have tons of room on my X cart and I've sent a lot of Pokemon over to my copy of Y for safekeeping. It's been easy for me to use and very stable; I've had fewer problems with Bank than the GTS. I do wonder how they'll draw the $5 bucks from me: I'm assuming it's via the eShop? But all in all, I absolutely love this.

Welp, it's certainly somewhat useful despite the clunkiness. I don't get why they made it so you can't use the touch screen except when naming things but oh well.
Having transferred every single legendary and tested the boundaries of its hack check (it's still laughable :p) I've now arranged it like so;
first box contains Unown forms, then all subsequent boxes are for my LiveDex, then the next boxes will be for forme differences (if I can get them) such as Gastrodon, Sawsbuck, etc.

Oh, have I mentioned that Winter Sawsbuck looks amazing? I loved it more than the others in BW2 and I love it more in XY! :D

How do you bypass the hack check? I haven't even tried to because it told me the app would delete itself if I tried to send over a hacked Pokémon. I never compete and all I really use my hackmons for are for 'dex purposes strictly, so it would suck for me to get them banned...

It's safe to try. I had attempted to transfer a Mew I had in White 2 that wasn't an obvious hack but said that it was met at level 2. All it did was prevent it from being transferred, let the others in the box through, and I've had no further problems. And that's also what everyone else has said about when hacks have been blocked. The worst that you'll most likely get is none of the hacks going through at all.

Oh, ok! That's comforting! :) Now I just need to figure out how to register X Version with Bank. It registered my Y Version, which I rarely use, but now it'll only take my Y Version and the app has no option to register the other cartridge, despite the website saying you could register one X and one Y version each... :'(

I've got the physical version of X (for myself) and the digital version of Y (for my brother) on the same 3DS, and it shows both of them. I have no idea what problem you're having, though. The Bank manual states that having the physical and digital versions of the same version has the physical version take priority, but removing the game card lets you use the digital version, so I don't think it registers the games.

Never mind lol I fixed the problem. It's really tedious to only be able to transfer one box at a time, and you can't even choose which one. I have to change back and forth between X and B2 way too much. But anyways, I wonder how you pay for Pokémon Bank? Does it take the $5 from your Nintendo E-Shop account (which means I can pay for it with a pre-paid every year) or does it charge me through another method? Because if I can't pay through the E-Shop, I'm pretty much screwed. :/
I believe it takes from your eShop account, so I think you're good.

I hope so. I wonder if the billing information's been released yet... But it's most likely from your e-shop, or a credit card. Please let it be e-shop. I don't have credit/debit cards.

Just came across a Suicune using sheer cold there on a wifi battle, I've checked a few sites and apparently it shouldn't learn sheer cold so its been hacked in and the transporter allowed it.

Just came across a Suicune using sheer cold there on a wifi battle, I've checked a few sites and apparently it shouldn't learn sheer cold so its been hacked in and the transporter allowed it.

Was it shiny? The generation 4 wifi event Suicune came with Sheer Cold.

There indeed were several distributions of (shiny) Sheer Cold Suicune during late G4. It was part of the 13th movie promotion -- they unlocked the Zoroark event when transferred to BW1.

Well yet another (failed) test of the hack checker on the transport/bank... It allowed my two blatantly hacked shiny charmanders and bulbasaurs in just fine but my legit shiny jinx it wouldn't allow through... Smh

Fred

Well yet another (failed) test of the hack checker on the transport/bank... It allowed my two blatantly hacked shiny charmanders and bulbasaurs in just fine but my legit shiny jinx it wouldn't allow through... Smh

Fred

What about the CHarmanders and Bulbasaurs made them blatant, and how did you get the Jynx?

The charmanders (2 of them) and the bulbasaurs were action replay created, and they were caught near the beginning of the game in the wild at level 35...Lol they are super hacked. The jinx on the other hand was caught in my soul silver on a random encounter in the ice cave before blackthorn city.

Pokemon bank question?

Okay so I bought white 2 today, mainly because I needed to bridge over the legendaries and such from gens 3 and 4 but looking through my soul silver I have almost every shiny legendary that I got from pearl on an action replay in ye old times, question is: should I try and import them to X or will I not risk it?

Re: Pokemon bank question?

Okay so I bought white 2 today, mainly because I needed to bridge over the legendaries and such from gens 3 and 4 but looking through my soul silver I have almost every shiny legendary that I got from pearl on an action replay in ye old times, question is: should I try and import them to X or will I not risk it?
The hack check seems to be flawed so they might pass through.

You can try, by all means. The worst that will happen is that they won't get to be in XY.

What if I get banned though?

The worst that has happened to anyone is that the Pokémon weren't let through, myself included with two different Mew attempts. No one's been banned, so you'll most likely be good. I say go for it, and if you can't bring most of them over, you can't bring most of them over.

I suppose I'll try anyway, I just need a few mons to complete the national dex anyway so event legendaries don't matter so much but thanks anyway

Every single one of my event legendaries have passed through fine. I also got all the legendaries I'd nabbed off the gts. So I'm pretty happy, I need to make room on my cart though for all the pokemon I want to transfer, cause I can't really spare the 5 dollars right now. :|

Most of my events passed through, including my Arceus and a few Japanese mons, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom