• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Pokemon Online Gym Challenge!

GengarEatBanana

Banana eating Gengar
Reaction score
LeaguebannerGengarEatBananacopy.png

Welcome to the current Pokémon Online (PO) Gym League!

My name is GengarEatBanana, and I am the head of this gym league. If you have any questions, queries or comments, I’m your guy.

Essentially this is a competitive gym league, like in the games. You must beat all eight gyms before you can verse the Elite 4 and champion (which will be discussed about at another point in time).

I should warn you though, this adventure is not for the faint-hearted, and you will be versing battle hardened gym leaders. If you lose you may consult the gym leaders about what you did wrong, and hopefully they will help you.

Rules about the league include…

• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• Freeze Clause (even though it is unlikely to get two freezes)
• Evasion Clause (not including evasion affected by abilities e.g. Sand Veil)
• OHKO moves Clause
• And any others you can think of that I haven’t put up but are important.

Please follow these rules and all games should run smoothly. Also try not to use inappropriate language when battling the leaders, as they are doing this for your benefit.
All games will either be in the BW DW tier or OU tier. Talk to the gym leader you are versing to find out, as it may differ between people.

The Gym leaders so far are…

-Axle Helios the tough as iron Ground type leader!

-Shadow Raikou the lightning enigma Electric type leader!

-Ghost the man of mystery Ghost type leader!

-Synthesis the slip'n'slidin' Water type leader!

-ContinentTurtle the peaceful tree hugging Grass type leader!

-And myself, GengarEatBanana the Dark type leader!

Please register if you would like to be a gym leader or take the league challenge. I know we already have a couple of candidates.

But please join, because...

I_want_you.jpg
To do the gym challenge =)​

Thank you, and enjoy!

Challengers so far are...

No.1 Pkmner

No.2 Thundagare

No.3 Tsutarja

No.4 Elite 4 Will

No.5 Turtwig A

Last edited:
There should be a "VS Gym Leader _______(name)" Threads too. 3 leaders? that means-

We need 5 more leaders, 4 elite4 and 1 champion. but the main problem will be, who becomes the champion?

I think anyone who wants to be a champion says this, and a po mod decide who becomes the chapion.

Im working on my badge, ill ask or make a banner for the whole po challenge afterwards.

Last edited:
Maybe make the Gym Leader/Elite Four member with the current highest win:loss ratio Champion. When another gym leader/E4 Member gets a higher ratio, they swap places, keeping their teams. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Oh well, Might be. The current only 3 gym leaders are the only ones to post on this thread till now....

Well I'm sure it'll pick up speed. Maybe the leaders should put something in their sigs?
And expanding on that idea, we could have the entire order of gyms/E4 based on wins:losses. Just an idea, but that way, it would always go in a game-style order, as the best leaders will be later on.

oh well thats okay. when i halfway read your idea abt whole thing like that, i was just thinking ill say "OHNONVREVERPLZPLZNONOITWOULDRUINTHELEAGUEITSANOSOGOODIDEAPLZNONO".

When we get enough people for at least a gym league (Elite 4 and champion are optional at this stage) we'll figure out placements.

Shadow Raikou, that would be great if you could make a banner for us. Could you guys advertise in your signatures about this? Thanks.

I'm trying to get another thread so that I can get a Gym Leaders page.

Ok, Sacrcastically Insane is the Steel leader. Do you have a team ready? If so I need to verse it to see what your skill level is.

Pkmner is challenger no.1
Thunderagere is challenger no.2

Don't you think we should wait 'til we gather 8 gym leaders?

Yes but when we do Pkmner is challenger no.1 and Thunderagere is challenger no.2.

By 'we' does that mean you want to join?

No, I'm too busy to be one. But I would gladly be the third challenger.

Would you want someone to take on beginning challengers? Because I would volunteer my ghost-type (one of the weakest monotypes) to be like the first leader or something like that.

Oh Hey can you make me like that too? with Thunder Gym and my pokes, of couse.

Pokes: Raichu, Raikou, Gyarados, Galvantula, Electivire & Luxray.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom