• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Round Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding changes in the Queue system.

Hello, members of The War Room. After receiving your feedback, The War Room staff has decided to revamp the Queue system significantly.
A major part of said revamp is that the Conceptual Queue will be gone soon. Which means you all have a few days to save any data you may wish from there before it is deleted alongside the implementation of the new system.

Once again, thank you everyone for offering any sorts of feedback regarding changes done or things you would like to see done in the future.

The War Room Staff

Now back to our regularly scheduled programme of lynching and killing each other :D

The conceptual queue going? Thats a shame, I enjoy seeing what everyone else is looking to make.

The only problem I had with it is that as of current it is way too cluttered, so many games there, and half of them have been there since the introduction of the queue.

Note that in the end we decided to make a new thread instead of editing the opening post of the old one.

This means that the Conceptual Queue data still exist in the OP of the old thread which is now archived.

Note that in the end we decided to make a new thread instead of editing the opening post of the old one.

This means that the Conceptual Queue data still exist in the OP of the old thread which is now archived.
Mostly because I was too lazy to write down all of my games in the Conceptual Queue.

Attention, everyone; We would like to inform you that a new War Room rule has been added in the Hosting a Mafia Game section of the rules:

If the host has not begun that game within 72 hours after sending the first role PM, and the MoD does not have enough information to update the game, the MoD will send a PM to the game host. If a further 72 hours elapse without a response, the MoD has the right to cancel the game. The host may then have their game added back to the end of the appropriate queue.

We hope we will not have to put this rule into effect most of the time, but it should be around to resolve cases in which host(s) have gone inactive while the game is ongoing (a role PM has been sent) but the MoD still doesn't have the info required to run the game in their absence.

I was reading through the Mafia Universe awards and noticed a Best Sub award. Does that sound like a good idea for here?

I was reading through the Mafia Universe awards and noticed a Best Sub award. Does that sound like a good idea for here?
It is a good idea.
The point of this award is that a sub's performance may be good but not deserve the Best Single Town/Mafia Performance award because they did play through the entire game. There are also cases where a sub's performance might not deserve the regular award but is still very good because the previous holder of their slot put them in an extremely tight spot they got successfully out of.
In any case, I'll make sure it gets seriously considered for the next Awards.

It is a good idea.
The point of this award is that a sub's performance may be good but not deserve the Best Single Town/Mafia Performance award because they did play through the entire game. There are also cases where a sub's performance might not deserve the regular award but is still very good because the previous holder of their slot put them in an extremely tight spot they got successfully out of.
In any case, I'll make sure it gets seriously considered for the next Awards.
Dude, I un-seriously considered, and unceremoniously added, the Most Unlucky Player Award. The Best Sub Award is a very good idea, and, if it actually comes down to it, it's got my vote. Otherwise, I'll just sneak it in like I did with the Most Unlucky Player Award and be done with it. :p

ANNOUNCEMENT:

It has come to our attention that many games, especially those in the Large Games Queue, do not seem to be filling up, given the current activity of The War Room. As staff, we have discussed several possibilities to fix this. Our initial ideal idea was to temporarily halt the progression of the Large Games Queue, but some other possible solutions are limiting the number of players allowed in development of games, limiting the amount of games in signups, and merging the queues, amongst others.

We are asking for your opinion regarding this matter. What, if anything, do you think should change, given the current activity, to keep a steady flow of games running, and to ensure that the hard work of hosts creating these games is not thrown away?

In short, absolutely not.

Now to flesh out a bit. Telling people that they cannot make a game is a bad idea. Yes activity may be down, but that just means that the hosts should compensate. It can be recommended that game have fewer than X players, but don't make it mandatory. You also don't know when activity will pick back up, for some reason there may be a sudden influx at one point. also depends how well y'all can convince people from others sections to join your game, but that's another point. I know first hand how disappointing it can be to not have a game fill up, but it isn't the end all. When a host plans a game, if there are more than 15 players or so there should be a backup plan, what roles are the least needed, how can you rebalance it, et cetera. Again yes, it is a royal pain to have it happen, but anyone who has been a host for any decent amount of time has probably had to consider this. If you haven't and you've hosted a decent amount, consider yourself lucky because it is very real.

So my opinion and suggestion is just leaving things as is, just maybe a "racommend" player max but no actual hard limit. And have the hosts understand that large games are not good ideas. That is just the nature of TWR, it is a rollercoaster in activity, welcome to life.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for those who have responded already. We would love as many people as possible to give their input so we can better gauge how the users feel about this issue. We want to make the decision that best benefits the section and best serves our users, and we highly value your input on what path to take.

I'm by no means an expert on this section but from what I see the problem you have is there are too many games either currently in play or in sign-ups and too few players to play them all.

I think one of the main reasons people are selective about which games they sign up for is they are waiting for a specific game on the queue that interests them so they don't sign up to the current ones to save themselves for that game.

My suggestion is probably a little harsh but it's the only one I can think of right now:

Don't limit the size of games or types of games people can make but limit the amount of active games at any given time to 2 Mafia games and 2 Non-Mafia games and don't allow the sign-ups of the next game in the queue until one of the active games has been completed. Obviously if a game still fails to reach it's required number of players in sign-ups it can still be cancelled and the next game in the queue brought forward.

The main downside to this suggestion would be that it would take longer to clear the queue, however the amount of games that could be played at a time could be varied depending on the current circumstances of TWR, depending on the current amount of active players at a given time.

The only other thing I would suggest is before creating a game, ask around the other players, possible in The Situation Room if they would be interested in such a game as this would allow you to gauge the current interest and judge whether you think the game would be able to run sucessfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom