• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Shiny Encounters Thread

Today I was looking for a HA Mantyke to breed in Sun and Moon in the future, and I found a shiny Mantyke on the 43rd encounter.

In the wild, I encountered and caught the following:

1. Dugtrio (Pearl)
2. Rapidash (HeartGold)
3. Panpour (White)

Playing Moon.

*beats first trial*

Ok, cool, I need to get me another pokémon now.

*Immediately after finishing trial*

What's that spot on the ground?

*attacked by flying pokémon*

Huh, why did they give vullaby an alolan form, it doesn't look that much differ--

*sparkle sparkle*

*fanboy-screams internally*

After hours of pain and agony, I've finally found my Shiny Mimikyu, Perfect IV's on Attack, Sp. Def, Speed and Defense, not the right nature, BUT ITS A SHINY MIMIKYU GOD DANG IT

Have you met a shiny in Sun and Moon?

Was it a random encounter? Soft-resetted starters/legendaries/gift pokemon? Hatched? SOS-chained?

Of course, (spoilers for who haven't cleared the game yet)
Battling that one NPC in the 4th island pokemon center with a shiny Exeggcute

I haven't tried SOS-chaining yet, but since it's gotten a lot easier to hatch eggs, I'm currently using the Masuda Method to be safe. I'm paranoid about meeting shinies in the wild because they always seem to faint... :( Hopefully, I can get one within the next three boxes of eggs.

I tried SOS chaining for something Shiny, but got bored after a while and gave up.

I've met two random encounter Shinies so far - a Fearow and a Midday Lycanroc.

Very early this morning, I entered Resolution Cave to collect Zygarde pieces and the first encounter happened to be a shiny Dugtrio. Wasn't exactly well prepared, since I was working on some level evolutions at the time. Let it be known that using a Sylveon and a Marowak was not the best idea. It was a rough fight, but hey, I did catch her in the end. And I decided to come back later to complete the Zygarde quest.

On a non-Shiny note...
about 12 hours later, after I went back to pick up my last Zygarde cell, I got Pokérus after catching a Barboach on the way out of Poni Meadow. Sure has been a lucky day for me!

I got a shiny Rockruff from SOSing, an Abra while breeding for synchronizers, an Eevee while breeding for Eeveelutions, another Eevee while SOSing to try and fine a wild Espeon (never found one), a Riolu (my dream shiny) from SOSing, an A-Grimer while SOSing, and a Klefki from a random encounter. Although the Klefki was after I got the shiny charm so I'm not sure if it counts as purely random.

Playing Moon.

*beats first trial*

Ok, cool, I need to get me another pokémon now.

*Immediately after finishing trial*

What's that spot on the ground?

*attacked by flying pokémon*

Huh, why did they give vullaby an alolan form, it doesn't look that much differ--

*sparkle sparkle*

*fanboy-screams internally*

I found a Shiny Mimikyu (<3 <3 <3) after 3 Days of SOS chaining. I used it as a part of my team until the end of the game.

While trying to complete the Pokédex after I beat the game, I found a shiny Caterpie through SOS chaining because I thought it could call in Snorlax. I was wrong, but hey. It was good to be wrong.

Got a shiny Sandile from S.O.S battle while looking for Gabite. It is now a Krookodile.

Reminds me of TheKingNappy's LP. He discovers the Seaward Cave hidden in MeleMele meadow and makes an offhand comment that he'll probably only encounter Zubats and Digletts . . . not five seconds later his first encounter is a shiny Alolan Diglett.

As for me, no Gen 7 shinies yet, but I already beat the odds by contracting wild Pokerus.

Yesterday, after 91 encounters searching for a Bagon AFTER I started counting (who knows how many encounters I had before I started counting) I found one. Just a normal Bagon, I was just trying to find one so it would call upon a Salamence.
So I started stalling it, when PUFF! A shiny Bagon appeared, on turn 8.
I recorded it with a (look-a-like) Go-Pro, because I wanted to see how long it would take me to find a Salamence. Then I found that, and I'm happy. Here is my reaction if anyone is interested:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVBALcTs03A

Also, about the Salamence: just captured a level 10 Salamence. It doesn't have the best nature, but, who cares; got it on a Beast Ball, it was holding a Dragon Fang, and has 31 IVs on Special Attack, Attack, Defense and Speed. Amazing.

Only found two so far. After five failed attempts to get Bagon, got it after 32 SOS encounters. Boy was I happy. Then today I got a dewpider from SOS as well.

Back
Top Bottom