• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Terrible Twos Tourney !!Registration now OPEN!!

Elite Twit

Keepin that EV train goin
Reaction score
The Terrible Twos Tourney.

It's back, with a Gen V kinda feel!!

This will be a level 100 2v2 singles battle tournament. It will be held over WIFI. There's only two pokemon you will need to train, don't be lazy. PO and Shoddy will NOT be options for these tourneys. Videos of matches WILL NOT be allowed. There's a lot of planning and strategy that goes into 2s and 3s teams. The only possible matches that would be up for viewing would be the Final and the match for 3rd place. This would be up to both battlers of said matches. Yes we would all like to see, no not everyone likes their strategies revealed.

No UBERS. Only ONE OU pokemon may be on the team. Your other team member can consist of a NU, RU, UU or BL pokemon. You do not have to have an OU team member if you do not wish to use one.

Single Elimination Bracket Style.

Upon each brackets announcement, competitors will have 72 hours to complete the match or auto forfeits. STRICTLY ENFORCED!! Each new round will take place a week after the prior round finishing. This should give people enough time to get away from the tournament, keeping most from burning out.

If we hit 24 participants, some will get a bye in the first round. It will be completely randomized. In order to keep this a quick tourney, it will not be changed to Double Elimination.

Prizes.

Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. First place winner choosing their prize, second place picking the remainder, third with obviously what's left. Prizes will be listed in post #2. Prizes will be pokemon that will be useful for upcoming 2s and 3s tournaments. Depending on turn out, there may be prizes added for 4th place.

Clauses.
Sleep Clause: Only one Pokemon may be put to sleep at a time. This of course does not count if an opponent has used Rest on their second pokemon.
Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not use Double Team or Minimize.
Accuracy Clause: A Pokemon may not use Flash, Kinesis, Sand-Attack, or SmokeScreen.
Hax Items Clause: BrightPowder, Focus Band, Quick Claw, Lax Incense, King's Rock, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, and Razor Claw cannot be held by your Pokemon.
OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not use Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, Guillotine, or Fissure.
Self-KO Clause: Only if it's the last pokemon on both teams.
Item Clause: Only one of each item may be on a pokemon. No two Focus Sashs, no two Leftovers.
F.E.A.R. Clause: The F.E.A.R. strategy is banned for this tourney.
Drizzle + Swift Swim Clause: A team cannot use the abilities Drizzle and Swift Swim together.
Moody: A team cannot use a pokemon with the Moody ability.
Speed Boost Blaziken: A team cannot use Blaziken with the Speed Boost ability.

*NOTE Focus Sash is not banned.*

Tournament Dates.

Round One's bracket will be announced Friday, August 19, 2011. That means all matches must be completed by Monday night, August 22, 2011.

Round Two's bracket will be up the next Friday, August 26, 2011.

Competitors have 72 hours to complete their matches.

* Start dates are pending. It will not be earlier, but possible a week later *

*Exceptions can be made with prior notice*

And so on and so on...​

Last edited:
Re: The Terrible Twos Tourney

Signing Bonus

Yes... EVERY competitor will get a clone of this AFTER your first match has been played. Win or lose. If however you think you would like to use it as part of your team, PM me and we can work something out.

Spr_5b_548.png
Spr_5b_549.png

Petilil or Lilligant
OT: Twit | ID: 41888
Modest | Chlorophyll
Female: 23/23/31/31/31/30
Hidden Power Ice 70
EV: 6 HP / 252 S. Attack / 252 Speed
Moveset: Quiver Dance | Sleep Powder | Giga Drain | Aromatherapy
Holding: Focus Sash

Prizes

All prizes are Semi-Redistributable. No exceptions, except if the donors have told you otherwise =P. Failure to follow this simple rule will have you listed as unable to enter future tournaments. Donors were very generous in giving their pokemon up for you to try and win, please be respectful.

Spr_5b_559.png

Scraggy
OT: Twit | ID: 41888
Careful | Shed Skin
Female: 31/31/30/25/31/31
Egg move: Drain Punch
Holding: Life Orb

Spr_5b_207_m.png

Gligar
OT: Reuban | ID: 56139
Nature: Impish | Gender: ♂ | Ability: Immunity/Poison Heal
IV's: 31/31/31/X/31/31
UT: Earthquake| Fling | Acrobatics | Protect
Hatch Location: Giant Chasm
Holding: Toxic Orb

Spr_5b_577.png

Solosis
OT: Reuban | ID: 56139
Nature: Bold | Gender: ♂ | Ability: Magic Guard
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
UT: Trick | Confuse Ray | Night Shade| Astonish
Hatch Location: Cold Storage
Holding: Flame Orb

4th Place prize? Maybe, keep those sign-ups coming...

Last edited:

FAQS
Please ask any and all questions you may have...

Q: Will this stop at 16 competitors?

A: No. 16 is the initial list to fill. Sign up early to guarantee your spot in case cuts need to be made!

Q: What exactly are the current tier lists?

A: Tiers

Last edited:

Competitor List.

All those entered in the tournament will be listed here. August 18th will be the cutoff for entrants so that I may randomize and post the bracket for Friday the 19th's official start.

* Start dates are pending. It will not be earlier, but possibly a week later *

Entrants will be accepted in the order in which their post is numbered. In the event the numbers do not work out, those past an evenly divisable bracket number will be unfortunately dropped.

Hadesiro - FC: 0089 2472 2115.
2. Akaigo - FC: 2408 7134 4642
3. Troggy - FC: 1034.0560.6932
4. Terr@ - FC: 5243 2249 8105 Subbed in: ~SG~ - FC: 3138-8136-7386
5. kingdragon33 - FC: 3224 6531 2867
6. Glaciate - FC: 3181 5273 5637
7. Articuno's Frost - FC: 4470.2279.3971
8. Johto Trainer - FC: 5114 5368 7270

Last edited:

Current Bracket/Round

With each round, this post will be updated with a new bracket. Good luck to all the challengers. Please post your win/loss confirmations as the matches are played. DO NOT FORGET... If I am contacted by one challenger they can not get in touch with their opponent within 72 hours of a rounds posting, the opponent is eliminated. When your first match is played, please VM me which signing bonus you would like.

Last edited:
I'm in. Black FC: 0089 2472 2115.

I could donate some prizes, if you want.

For example:

Male Croagunk 31,31,20+,x,20+,31.

Dry Skin, Egg moves Cross Chop and Bullet Punch.

I'll confirm the IVs if you want to use it.

Last edited:
I'm in. Black FC: 0089 2472 2115.

I have a very limited amount of time each day to battle, due to driver's training. (Among other things).

I could donate some prizes, if you want.

For example:

Male Croagunk 31,31,20+,x,20+,31.

Dry Skin, Egg moves Cross Chop and Bullet Punch.

I'll confirm the IVs if you want to use it.

Adding you in, good luck!

Thanks, but I've got all the prizes this go around. I just have to update the prize list.

Put me in. I believe my sig is in my FC. If not I'll get back to you on it

I'll join! FC: 4470.2279.3971 (Oracion)

And I know you probably noted this clearly, and I read all the information, but I'm a little (okay, VERY) slow. I just want to make sure I've got this correctly: It's a single battle tournament, and we use two level 100 Pokemon, right? Also, I was wondering if we can use different Pokemon throughout the tournament? Thanks.

I'm in. My FC is 3181 5273 5637.

Adding in, good luck!

I'll join! FC: 4470.2279.3971 (Oracion)

And I know you probably noted this clearly, and I read all the information, but I'm a little (okay, VERY) slow. I just want to make sure I've got this correctly: It's a single battle tournament, and we use two level 100 Pokemon, right? Also, I was wondering if we can use different Pokemon throughout the tournament? Thanks.

Adding in, good luck!

Correct, two pokemon, singles battle. One can be OU, the other can not be OU(NU,RU,UU,BL). Anyone can use SkarmBliss, FerroCent or T-Tar + Excadrill. This is to see who can come up with original strategies.

Your team follows you throughout the tourney. Anyone disclosing a persons team is dropped, so you won't have to worry about people knowing your strategy.

Thanks! I haven't yet been able to find a Gen V list for what Pokemon are in OU, UU, RU, NU, and BL. My computer started blocking my search engines for some reason, so I can't look up a list myself. Is there anyway you can provide me with a link to look at these so I can build a legal team? Thanks.

Added the tiers to the FAQS page, sorry about that, I should have done that to begin with.

Thanks for the link Angad!

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom