• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The War Room Awards 2016 - Winners (Banners are out!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
Here are the results for the 2016 War Room Awards!

Town Tier
Best Single Town Perforamance - @Elieson; (Masters of the Whoniverse)
Best Single Mafia Performance - @Midorikawa; (The 100 Mafia)
Best New Player - @TheCapsFan;
Best Single Independent Performance - 3-way tie: @frozen.palisades; (Fire Emblem Protagonist Mafia), @JaggedJimmyJay; (The 100 Mafia), @Pikochu; (Fruit Bowl Mafia)
Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - 2-way tie: @Occams Chainsaw; , @Zexy; (Formal Statement: Occams Chainsaw technically hasn't completed a single game this season as they subbed out of True Lust. However, it was said act that was most sportsmanlike in the first place, thus the staff has allowed them to be eligible for this award as an exception)
Most Entertaining Player - 2-way tie: Elieson , @Maniacal Engineer;
Most Strategic Player - 2-way tie: @DrumBeats; , @HumanDawn;
Most Unlucky Player - 3-way tie: Elieson , @Hellcrow; , Maniacal Engineer

Host Tier
Best New Host - @Calvin ッ ;
Most Creative Host - Calvin ッ
Most Entertaining Host - Maniacal Engineer
Most Organized Host - Elieson
Fair Hosting Award - DrumBeats
Best Flavor Text - Maniacal Engineer
Host of the Best Mafia Game - Elieson (Everybody is Mafia Mafia 1.0)

The War Room Tier
Most friendly user - Zexy
Most committed user - Zexy

Team Tier
Best Town Team Performance - 2-way tie: Random Messages Mafia and It's All About ME Mafia
Best Mafia Team Performance - 2-way tie: Fruit Bowl Mafia and Build-It Mafia

And finally the Best Player and Best Host Awards which are given to the people who got the most votes overall in the categories of their respective tiers:
Best Player - Elieson
Best Host - Maniacal Engineer

Congratulations to the Winners!

Note on Award Banners:
This year, the winners will receive a banner with a background that corresponds with the game the Award was won for. For Best New Player, Most Spotsmanlike Conduct, Most Entertaining Player, Most Strategic Player, Most Unlucky Player, Most friendly user Most commited user and Best Player, the players who won the Awards may requsest that they get a background of a specific game they have played. For Best Host, Most Creative Host, Most Entertaining Host, Most Oraganized Host, Fair Hosting Award, Best Flavor Text and Best Host, the hosts who won the Awards may request that they get a background of a specific game they have hosted.

Congratulations to all of you and thanks for voting for me. I believe all the awards have been well deserved.
If you did not win anything, please do not let that get to you; as I said when I voted, there were lots of great moments this season but we had to vote for the best of the best. You never know what will happen next time.

Oh hey, I finally won something, both in a team (All about ME and Build-it!) and as an individual (Fruit Bowl Mafia). Also, I got an award in each faction this year!

And congrats to all the winners and nominees. May 2017 continue with more new players and more salt!

Thank you for the votes! I did not expect to win anything, and I will definitely come back when I have time to play. Just out of curiosity, how was voting conducted?

Also, congrats everyone!
You were actually eligible to vote as well but missed the deadline. Each person could vote up to one person for each category with the exceptions of themselves and teams they were in for the Team Tier. However only people who have played at least one game in the last War Room season were eligible, of course. Occams Chainsaw was a strange case as a result.

Totally a blast! My first 2/3 of a season here was really fun and it's super flattering to have been nominated for anything at all, nonetheless win anything. This is a really fun place to be at, and despite my nonsensical personality, im glad to see this place and its many good people thrive :)

Thanks to ya'll who voted for me, having me as a player/host, and putting up with me and my shenanigans.

And congrats to the others for being nominated and winning where they best shined!

In the beginning there was a man, but he was no ordinary man. He was nutty as a fruitcake.

Not quite two years ago, this strange and silly man happened upon an Internet forum. Intrigued by one of the forum’s contests, the man joined the forum and settled down in the Fun and Games section, where he could cause trouble to his heart’s delight.

Quickly, the man made a name for himself, and became known as a mischief maker to the moderators in charge.

The man was competitive. Very competitive. He became famous in the Last Post Wins and Up vs. Down games as the most frequent poster. He needed to find a more suitable outlet for his competitive nature than Fun and Games.

One day, a friendly, and persistent, Rabbit, visited the man, and told him about The War Room, a magical place where the man could match wits with other people on the forum. Head to head, mind vs mind, mono a mono.

Of course, the man’s first attempt at joining a game ended in a complete disaster. But the man was persistent. He joined another game, and failed miserably, and another and another, and still his luck wouldn’t turn around.

He tried sending people Random Messages, he tried stabbing people in the dark, he tried playing video games, he tried writing about murder. None of it worked.

The man was a laughingstock. But he was having fun.

Around Christmas, the man came up with an interesting idea. What if, instead of trying to work against his luck, he worked with his luck?
His new plan was 100 percent a success!

He built his reputation from the ground up, and put many adversaries into checkmate. His new playstyle trumped everything that was thrown at him; even the most crooked politicians cowered before him, as he ushered in a super new generation of mafia. Nobody expected this new inquisition, especially not from somebody they had previously written off. The Fours were strong with this one, and he became the one, true, Master of the Whoniverse, to the point where, today, the war room is All About ME.

…well it isn’t quite all about ME, but nonetheless, I am touched and honored that any of you have noticed my exploits, shenanigans, and tomfoolery around The War Room, and that it has amused you enough to the point where I stand here before you all this evening, a recipient of so many, many awards.

On behalf of myself and, of course, my associates, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, ME, and ME, I humbly accept these honors you have chosen to bestow upon ME. Season 16 has certainly been an exciting one, although, in my case, it started off a little bumpy. Still, I think I got the Jist of mafia games fairly quickly, and, ultimately, managed to work myself to where I am today.

I have many people to thank that helped me along my perilous, if not outright insane, journey.

First and foremost, to @Hellcrow, the persistent rabbit that kept telling me that I should join a mafia game.

Next, to @Zexy, who taught me the art of lolcatting, though, to date, I have only used it once. Additionally, you had to deal with all my egocentricity during the entire process of preparing and hosting It’s All About ME. Nobody should have to put up with that.

I would also like to thank @HumanDawn, for giving me something to aspire to in my time here, and for being an over all good sport.

@Elieson, you show a true dedication for the game that I can only attempt to emulate, and yet you still have time to make people laugh with dinosaur comics and memes. Although we only got to be Mason buddies for a short while, it is still one of my favorite moments in my entire, checkered, mafia history. Sorry for baiting the mafia night kill on the first night and dropping everything in your lap before you were completely ready.

@Doctor Floptopus gets a mention, for being the first person I ever co-hosted with on that magical journey that was Masters of the Whoniverse.

I also would like to give my sincere appreciation to @Molten Eevee, because it was off of his idea for Fruit Bowl Mafia that I got famous.

@Midorikawa, although I only ended up playing a handful of games with you, you taught me that I could continue being the jokester that I enjoy being and still be deadly at the game. If ever I return to playing mafia games, watch out for my wicked punchlines.

Lastly, I’d like to thank each and every one of you. Whether I’ve played a mafia game with you or not, whether you’ve joined a game I hosted or I joined a game you hosted. Just by being here, you help make The War Room into the fun and welcoming place that I have come to love.

I may have retired from playing mafia games, but, trust me when I say, I’m far from finished with this place.

Thank you all, and goodnight!

Congratulations to everyone who were winners and nominees in this year's Awards! It's truly an honor to be selected as Best New Player, especially because I have some big shoes to fill after the previous two winners of that award! :p I remember the hubbub when the first War Room awards occurred, and I have to say, after all these years of looking from the outside in, finally joining The War Room was probably the most positive thing I've ever done on my time here at Bulbagarden. I've had so much fun, and met so many amazing people! Here's to many more years, and thank you all so much :)

wow oh my ninja this isn't even as close of a cool speech as compared to the one above me

wow oh my ninja this isn't even as close of a cool speech as compared to the one above me

I'm a tough act to follow. :p
Elieson put me up to writing a full acceptance speech. Being the verbose, egotistical guy that I am, I actually took him seriously and went for it. XD

You were actually eligible to vote as well but missed the deadline. Each person could vote up to one person for each category with the exceptions of themselves and teams they were in for the Team Tier. However only people who have played at least one game in the last War Room season were eligible, of course. Occams Chainsaw was a strange case as a result.
Oh, okay. Haha, I wasn't aware! I'll definitely vote next time.

@Maniacal Engineer Did you learn that from how ridiculous and serious I am at the same time in mafias?

I've also decided to make it my goal to collect all the "Best indep mafia performance" awards forever! >:]

I did, actually.

Also, nobody else will ever see the Best FT Award ever again. XD :p :3

:O

I avoided other people's posts in the voting thread, so I didnt know who voted who, and when I saw the alert for myself being mentioned in the thread, I thought I was being thanked for playing this season.

But ohhhhh my dkqncwnjq!!

I would be so happy with just one award, since I didn't think I'd win even one!

Thankyou so much, I dont know what else to say, I dont win a lot of awards [emoji14]

I wont make a giant paragraph like ME's, as great as it was, but I will send a quick paragraph to a few people :D

Thankyou everyone!

:O

EDIT: In my excitement I didnt say this, but genuinely, Congratulations everyone! Woo!!

Last edited:
It's truly an honor to be selected as Best New Player, especially because I have some big shoes to fill after the previous two winners of that award! :p
Not that big, I'm only a size 5
Seriously though, I'm flattered <3
Congrats to all the winners!

Also @Midorikawa are you ready
I will photoshop you a banner on the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom