• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ACADEMY: The Workshop Writing Academy

There have been a fair few lesson around world building of one form or another, I know, but I have an idea for a lesson on building more vivid description in the story. I'm thinking it could be entitled something like "A Touch of the Real" and would certainly include several exercises to try for practice (I've noticed that past lessons are very general in their advice. I'd like to get a bit more specific)

There have been a fair few lesson around world building of one form or another, I know, but I have an idea for a lesson on building more vivid description in the story. I'm thinking it could be entitled something like "A Touch of the Real" and would certainly include several exercises to try for practice (I've noticed that past lessons are very general in their advice. I'd like to get a bit more specific)

It sounds interesting; send me a lesson plan and I will look into it :)

Hey guys: we have not had any submissions for the Academy this month, so doing a public appeal to see if anyone wants to write up a lesson for late April/early May. If you have an interesting idea then send it through!

The whole July and this month had not yet posted any writing academy article. So may I nominate a topic for next month?

Since battles are an unavoidable topic for Pokemon, I would like to know more about "Action Scenes Writings".
Though, it is not really necessarily to be Pokemon-related. It can be the general action scenes writings for like martial art or swordplay combat between two fighters, or the gun battle crossfire during the chasing between police and criminals, or like the crushing of attack magics between two wizards in fantasy novels.
I would like to know more about how to write pictorial descriptions, such that actions are imaginable in the readers' head rather easily, and also it would read dramatically and spectacularly, so that the imaginable action scenes giving a thrilling and critical atmosphere.

I think this will be an interesting topic for an academy article.

Edited: Notification to @Legacy. Lesson 18 and 19 had not yet added into the Lesson Index on the opening post.

Last edited:
The whole July and this month had not yet posted any writing academy article. So may I nominate a topic for next month?

Since battles are an unavoidable topic for Pokemon, I would like to know more about "Action Scenes Writings".
Though, it is not really necessarily to be Pokemon-related. It can be the general action scenes writings for like martial art or swordplay combat between two fighters, or the gun battle crossfire during the chasing between police and criminals, or like the crushing of attack magics between two wizards in fantasy novels.
I would like to know more about how to write pictorial descriptions, such that actions are imaginable in the readers' head rather easily, and also it would read dramatically and spectacularly, so that the imaginable action scenes giving a thrilling and critical atmosphere.

I think this will be an interesting topic for an academy article.

Edited: Notification to @Legacy. Lesson 18 and 19 had not yet added into the Lesson Index on the opening post.

I apologize for the lack of article for last month: we were busy with the Awards and unexpected losses of judges and had to fill that in, so I did not have time to chase people up to write. Currently, Rediamond is writing a lesson for us on researching, which will be the July/August lesson.

Action Scenes is an interesting topic and could be if someone out there is willing to write it. I think splitting it up into Pokemon Battle writing and then writing action and fight sequences would make it easier. If anyone is willing to write something like that then let me know. We also have the potential sex scene lesson if anyone wants to write that up.

And I will update the index as soon as possible.

Index all updated, right up to our current lesson by Rediamond. It is very helpful so if you have not read check it out and get involved in the discussion!

Also, now that @Legacy has returned to the team, he will resume the management of this project, so send your ideas to him from now on!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom