• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: The World of Pokémon (Chapter 7 - 6/2/2017)

Kharixi

Reaction score
[Pokémon-only fanfiction]

The adventurous (and comedic) story of a group of Pocket Monsters.

Via my own replies to this post the tale will unfold.

This band of friends will encounter Legendary Pokémon, far beyond what they imagined.

They will also discover new relationships, between new couples and former enemies.

Will you stay tuned for The World of Pokémon?

This'll be an interesting story (or hopefully, at least). Stay tuned!

INTRODUCTION

A small group of close friends lives together, traveling the world in search of adventure, and food.

This group consists of a Nidorina, an Umbreon, a Shiny Braixen, a Sneasel, and a Swampert.

They journey through many cities and towns, all the while considering what might happen to them next.

Little did they know the next town they'd enter would change their lives forever.

To be continued...

Hello. Firstly, welcome to the Workshop, it's always nice to see new people around and get new writers going.

I am not sure if you have read our rules or not (which you can do so here and you should do before posting here), but people need to post a first chapter within an hour of starting their thread. A brief introduction without any story doesn't count. We recommend that first chapters or prologues be at least 650 words in order to really kick your story off with enough to hook a reader in. Once you get a chapter up we will process your story into the Directory.

Thanks, I'll be sure to get the first chapter up soon. I hope you'll forgive me - I don't usually have much computer time. :unsure:

Last edited:
Chapter 1
The World of Pokémon - Chapter 1
The rain poured down on the small town. Swampert, returning from a shopping trip, was heading back for the hotel he and his group were staying at. "I know I'm a Water Pokémon," he thought to himself, "but rain sure bugs me."
Eventually he walked inside the room where the four other friends were at. Nidorina then said, "You're back! Did you find anything good while you were out?"
"Yeah," he replied. "Some food, drinks... enough for tonight's stay." He proceeded to place out all the food and drinks he had gotten. "Eat up."
Immediately Sneasel began to dig in. "NOMNOMNOM!" he shouted as he scarfed down a turkey sandwich. "Man, that was gooood!" Sneasel said, patting his stomach.
Braixen calmly dug into a bowl of cereal. "Thanks for getting us food again," she politely said.
"Hey, if I won't do it, who will?" Swampert replied.
Umbreon started eating some toaster pastries. "Yummy!" he satisfyingly said. "Swampert, whenever you go out, you always bring back the goods!"
"Yeah? Whatever money can buy, I suppose." Swampert said. He then walked over to the window and looked at his Swampertite, hanging on a chain around his neck. "I wonder if I'll ever find someone as powerful as me," he thought to himself.
"Swampert?" Braixen said as she tapped him. "You thinking about your Mega Stone again?"
"Yep. Just wish there was someone out there that could give some excitement, a real fight."
Nidorina finished her meal and laid flat on her bed. "Delish! Time for bed, I'm stuffed."
Swampert then agreed and turned off the lights. "Tomorrow we'll probably set out once again."
Everyone then went silently to sleep. The next morning, they prepared to begin traveling again, when a Shiny Poliwrath appeared.
"Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing that Mega Stone on your necklace," he said. "My name is Poliwrath, and I'm the local Gym Leader. Perhaps if you're looking for a fight, you should come by."
Braixen then nudged Swampert, saying, "Maybe this is your chance for a good fight!"
"Yeah..." he said. "Alright, it's a deal!"
It didn't take long for the group to arrive at the Gym. "Welcome one, welcome all!" Poliwrath excitedly said. "Hope you're ready for a real good fight!" The rest of the group sat in some bleachers, while Swampert readied himself for battle.
"This will be a one-on-one battle!" said the referee, a Wobbuffet. "When either Pokémon is knocked out, the other wins the match! If both contenders are ready..."
"Ready," Swampert said.
"Ready!" Poliwrath shouted.
"Battle begin!" the referee shouted, throwing down his hand.
Swampert started off by rushing over with a Close Combat. Poliwrath blocked most of the hits, sustaining little damage, and shot him with Flash Cannon.
"What...? Flash Cannon? How do you know that?" Swampert asked, mind-blown.
"Let's say I have some outside sources. I have a modified TM91. I taught myself the move."
Swampert then used Mud Shot and blocked Poliwrath's eyes, then hit him hard with Hammer Arm. Poliwrath, clearing the mud from his eyes, then used Whirlpool and did a ton of damage to Swampert.
"Alright... it's finally time!" Swampert declared.
"For...?" Poliwrath asked.
Swampert tapped his Mega Stone and he began to glow. His body transformed, and he became Mega Swampert!
"Oh-ho!" Poliwrath exclaimed. "Very impressive! I've never seen a Mega Swampert in person before, and it does not disappoint."
"Heh-heh," Swampert chuckled. "The real fight starts now!"
He used Close Combat and scored massive damage on Poliwrath, then followed up with Seismic Toss.
"We have a winner!" the referee shouted. "Swampert wins the match!"
The group cheered as Swampert shook hands with Poliwrath. "Good match. I didn't think I would stand a chance against a Mega Evolution. And I didn't!"
"Thanks for fighting me; it felt pretty good to get a battle in."
Poliwrath handed him a badge, which appeared as a fist with water details.
"Accept it. You've earned it."
The group then departed for the next town. Poliwrath, however, pulled out a small communicator. "The Swampert is strong... but it's nothing it can't handle," he reported.
"Indeed," a shady voice replied. "None will stand against our might."
Outside, Swampert was showered with compliments.
Sneasel said, "You were awesome!"
Umbreon said, "You were amazing!"
And Nidorina said, "That was totally awesomazing!"
Braixen then said, "You did really good, against a Gym Leader no less. I'm pretty proud, even though I didn't train you."
"I did alright, but I've got a long ways to go before I get even close to the Pokémon League."
The group exited the town and set off on the path to the next one.

Would be easier to read if you had a space between paragraphs. It was interesting to me how the characters are only Pokèmon without human trainers. The dialogue and action during battle is nice, although it could use a bit more description as far as the battle goes.

Overall, a nice start. Keep it up.

Chapter 2
Chapter 2

Everyone was still abuzz at Swampert's win a few days ago. The badge glimmered as Swampert held it.

The group, composed of Swampert, Braixen, Sneasel, Umbreon, and Nidorina, had been travelling all around the Jakkus Region, or some of it, anyway. They had been looking for new challenges, at least on Swampert's part, and new adventures.

The friends, after traversing the second Route, came upon another small town, not unlike the one they had just left. They found out the name - Treebark Town - and found a place to stay for the night, another hotel.

During the daytime, however, Umbreon overheard some of the locals talking about something.

"You saw the meteor?" a Bonsly asked.

"Yeah... it seems like there's something inside, but I'm not sure what..." an Oddish replied.

Naturally, Umbreon told the others about this: "There must be a meteor around here, and there's definitely something inside.

Nidorina, complexed, said, "A meteor? From space? Unlikely. Meteors haven't fallen in Jakkus for, oh I don't know, 200 years. Especially since this is Treebark Town and not Meteorite Town where the last meteors fell."

"Yeah," Swampert replied, "but if there's a meteor, no doubt adventure awaits!"

"But, Swampert..." Nidorina said.

"Plus, if there's a Pokémon inside, then you can battle it!" Sneasel encouragingly shouted.

Swampert then agreed and the group set off.

Far away, another group was searching for something, too.

"Sir?" a grunt asked.

"What is it now?" an admin said, annoyed.

"The meteor we've been monitoring... it's... active."

The admin was shocked, and immediately reported this to a leader.

"Yes, what is it, Poliwrath?"

"The meteor is active. There's definitely something inside."

"I'll send your fellow admin over. She'll take care of it."

"Of course, sir," Poliwrath accepted. He turned off the communicator. "Well? What are you lazy Krabby and Corphish waiting for?! Keep looking for the Blue Orb!"

The surprised grunts immediately went back to work, tirelessly searching for this orb.

Back at Treebark Town, the group found the mysterious meteor. It certainly looked intruiging, but no one could tell if something lay inside.

"Can't anyone tell if something's inside?" Braixen asked, somewhat distraught.

Swampert glared at it, then tapped it lightly.

"Hmm..."

He poked it a little harder.

And it shook.

He lightly punched it.

It shook more.

He punched it moderately.

It shook even more.

Finally, Swampert threw a Brick Break at it, and the meteor started shaking furiously. Cracks all over it quickly escalated into holes, and finally the entire thing shattered.

The DNA Pokémon, Deoxys, appeared out of it, fully awake.

"Whoa!" Swampert said. "Is that a new Pokémon?"

Deoxys charged up a Hyper Beam and proceeded to fire it at Braixen, who shouted, "WHOA!"

Immediately Swampert jumped in the way and shot it with a cold Ice Beam, which neutralized both blasts.

Deoxys, recharging from the Hyper Beam, simply looked at the group. He almost seemed to be scanning them, trying to determine something about them.

Swampert jumped in the air and launched a Brick Break at Deoxys. He took some damage, and stayed on the ground, his left hand on his left knee.

"Swampert... what is it?" Braixen asked, her heart pounding in her chest.

"A Pokémon," Swampert replied. "A powerful one. I'm getting excited!"

Deoxys got up and threw a Shadow Ball at Swampert, who blasted it with Scald.

"Hey, can you speak?" Swampert asked. "If you can, please say something. We don't want to injure you any further!"

Deoxys simply looked at Swampert.

He walked over to the meteor's remains and picked up a piece, and began to glow. His body transformed and changed, and he appeared... different.

"Speed Forme obtained."

"He can talk," Swampert thought to himself. "Looks like I'm in for a fight."

Deoxys charged at Swampert with Meteor Mash, moving far faster than Swampert had ever seen a Pokémon move. Of course, he scored less damage than normal, due to Swampert's resistance to Steel.

"Please stop fighting!" Nidorina shouted. But Deoxys didn't listen.

"Opponent proves resistant to current moveset," Deoxys said, almost robotically. "Tactical retreat until further notice."

He then immediately zoomed over to the Treebark Woods and vanished.

"Aw, man," Sneasel said. "You didn't even get to Mega Evolve."

Swampert looked at him, then looked again at the Woods. "Doesn't matter. I know he'll be back, and when he is, we'll go all-out!"

The group returned to Treebark Town, and an administrator came upon the meteor's remains.

"Hmm," Milotic said, grabbing a small piece*. "Looks like the meteor was just a container after all." *Milotic can use her long hair as hands, at least in The World of Pokémon.

Back at the hotel, everyone went in their own bed. Soon enough, Sneasel, Umbreon, and Nidorina were sleeping, but Swampert noticed Braixen looking out at the stars.

"Hey, Braix. Is there a problem?" he asked, putting his arm over her shoulder.

"I'm weak, aren't I?" she asked, not even looking at him.

"Huh?"

"I felt it earlier when I was about to get hit by Deoxys. I'm not even close to your power level. And there are so many dangerous Pokémon that are far stronger than me. What if I'm alone and can't defend myself? What if--"

He put his hand on hers, as tears fell from her eyes.

"Braixen, I'll never leave you alone and defenseless. I'd never leave this whole group!"

She wiped some tears away.

"I'll always protect you guys. I can even train you, y'know."

She sniffled. "Thanks, Swampert. You... you make me feel complete."

"Yeah?" he said.

Braixen then kissed him on the cheek, so naturally Swampert's cheeks turned red.

"Er..."

"See you tomorrow," she said.

"I will."

The two went off to sleep with everyone else.

Chapter 3
Chapter 3

The sun shone brightly as a new day began. For some, it was a new day of work. For others, a new day of playtime. For yet more, a new day of fellowship.

And for two, it was a new day of running.

As known by some, the Meowstic Duo (consisting of Neko and Nya, the latter being Shiny) were on the run from a familiar water-themed team.

"We can't lose them, Nya!" Neko shouted. He was somewhat less skilled than Nya, and so he tended to fall behind her. Of course, Nya was easily able to grab him.

"It'll be alright," she said to her brother, "we can get away." Her eyes lit up as she shot down a massive Thunderbolt on the grunts (all Krabby), causing them to stop in their tracks. The duo then proceeded to move forward into hiding, which was, in fact, Treebark Town. They quickly moved into the hotel just as the fivesome was leaving.

"Hey..." Umbreon said, nudging Swampert. "Those two look pretty beat up."

"I see," he replied, now looking at them. Neko's body looked bruised and beaten, while Nya was only a little bit scratched up. "Excuse me, are you two alright?"

"Not really," Nya replied. "We've just been on the run from that evil Team Aqua."

"Team... Aqua?" he asked. "I've never heard of them."

"Well, they have been making news since pretty recently," the Clefable behind the hotel's counter said. "It seems they're trying some sort of world domination."

"Not on my watch!" Swampert grabbed his Swampertite and looked at it, seeing his eyes burning with a feeling for justice. "If they're doing evil things, I'm going to stop them!"

"Are you sure?" Braixen asked. "It's probably super-dangerous."

Sneasel looked up at Swampert. "Dangerous or not, we'll stay by your side through all of it!"

"Yeah!" said Umbreon and Nidorina.

"Well, they probably aren't far from this town," Neko said. "In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they were here."

"We are."

The group turned around to see none other than Poliwrath - the very same Shiny one they had seen only a few days prior.

"So you're part of Aqua?" Swampert asked, honestly surprised.

"Indeed. And we're going to succeed in our goals, whether or not you desperately try to interfere."

"Then tell your boss or whatever... I'm coming for him."

"Heh," he chuckled. "Doesn't look like you've even beaten this town's Leader, so you won't even come close." He then walked away, confident in his abilities.

"So, there's a Gym here, huh?" Swampert said, looking around outside. "Time for a challenge!"

"It's in the Treebark Woods," the Clefable informed the group. "There's a bit of a maze to get there, but it'd be a good time if you want to have a battle with the Gym Leader."

"I guess we're off, then!" Nidorina said as the group began their trek.

But even then, Swampert couldn't help but think about Poliwrath... how he treated them at his Gym, and even the Badge he received.

"One day," he thought, "I'll fight him again... and I'll win!"

Neko was a little worried. "Will we be alright, Nya?"

"I'll protect us if things do go bad."

They left for the woods.

In another place entirely, the administrators of Team Aqua, Poliwrath, Milotic, and Seismitoad, all gathered 'round.

"I see you have returned," said their shadowy leader. "Report."

"The meteor is in pieces and it seems the DNA Pokémon is able to transform when exposed to parts of it," Milotic reported.

"Construction of Project: Waterquake is proceeding extremely well. The first phase should be ready in three days," Seismitoad said, proud of his work.

"And you, Poliwrath?" the leader asked.

"There's a young upstart who seems to think he will get in our way. But I will assure he does not, in the name of Team Aqua and--"

"Quiet. If he proves exceptionally annoying, then I will exterminate him. And I will make sure it is a painful death."

"Of course, sir." Poliwrath saluted, as did the other two, and they left.

The future is dim. Will our heroes prevail? The name Waterquake doesn't sound promising, but perhaps the power of a hero can save the Jakkus region, and the world. Stay tuned...

Chapter 4
Terribly sorry about the double-post. I've written chapter 4:
The large area of the Treebark Woods was astonishing. The green foliage and tall trees were absolutely stunning. The entire group just looked around for a few moments and took in the beautiful environment all around them.

Soon enough, they began going through the woods and towards the Treebark Gym. The forest was seemingly a perfect place to train for the Gym, as there were twists around every turn.

After battling a few native Pokémon to get some training in, the fivesome arrived in the Gym, which appeared to be a very rustic area. The shrubs of various plants crept on the walls and floor, and a large tree was rooted in the center of the Gym. The design, according to a helpful Clefable, was to defeat some Gym Trainers whilst climbing up the tree, at the top of which was the Leader himself. Naturally, Swampert began his trek upward, and the first Pokémon stepped forward - a Tangela.

"I challenge you!" he shouted, and quickly charged straight to Swampert. This Gym may well have been Swampert's worst nightmare - after all, a Water/Ground Pokémon has 4x the weakness to Grass rather than 2x.

Regardless of this, he launched an Ice Beam straight at the vined Pokémon, although the latter avoided it and threw a Vine Whip at Swampert, which sent him back a bit. He quickly recovered and used Hammer Arm for a direct hit, which was followed by a Mega Drain.

Swampert then tried Ice Beam again, which actually hit this time, and followed up with another Hammer Arm, winning the battle.

"Oh, man," said the Tangela, "you crushed me!"

Moving upward, Braixen used a Super Potion on Swampert to heal him up. Neko and Nya followed closely behind the group, as both of them (well, mostly Neko) were afraid of Team Aqua. None of the group members wanted them to show up, although the Gyms were often protected from things such as villainous teams.

On the next floor came a Breloom, who led off with a Mach Punch which was barely avoided, and then used a Feint on Swampert. The Water Pokémon then jumped at Breloom and used a Scald on him, albeit doing only half the damage. The Breloom then hit Swampert with a Headbutt, which was blocked and the Grass Pokémon was slammed with a Hammer Arm.

"You're pretty good, huh?" the Breloom said in defeat. "Maybe better than our Leader..."

The next floor was the top of the tree, rising high above the Gym. Among the leaves was a small battlefield, lit only by the sun's glittering through the holes all along the green foliage. But it seemed the Leader was nowhere to be found.

"...so, is he out to lunch or something?" Sneasel asked, rather confused by this.

"Maybe; or he could've gone to train somewhere," Umbreon suggested.

"Oh! I know! It's a test of some kind!" Nidorina threw in. "There's a puzzle or something you have to solve to get through to him!"

Swampert then examined the room carefully... but couldn't find any patterns. There didn't seem to be any hidden passages, or secret writings, or anything that would involve problem-solving.

"Hm," he said, just before shooting a light Scald into the air, which dissolved into, essentially, rain. The water went across the battlefield and, eventually, revealed a figure standing in the center - a Trevenant.

"Are you... the Gym Leader?" Swampert asked, as the tree Pokémon brushed off the water.

"You have passed my test. You have found the Leader of this Gym. Are you ready to battle?"

"...of course! I'm ready to overcome any obstacle to beat the Pokémon League!" Trevenant could see the eagerness in his eyes, like a flame.

"Even a high weakness to Grass-typed attacks? Impressive," said the rugged Leader. "But we shall see if it is enough to earn you another token of victory."

The two fighters took their spots in opposite sides of the field, ready for a match. And off they went, with Trevenant sending an Energy Ball straight at Swampert. However, it was deflected with Hammer Arm, and the challenger shot an Ice Beam straight at the Leader. He took it directly.

But nothing happened. No super-effective damage seemed to occur, no recoil, not even a bit of snow that usually gets leftover. Trevenant simply rushed to Swampert and slashed him with Shadow Claw, which sent the blue creature flying.

"Hmm," Braixen thought. "Now that I think about it, I don't remember Swampert having Brick Break, Ice Beam, or Scald... did he change his moveset?" She thought back to his first Gym battle, where he used... Close Combat, Mud Shot, Hammer Arm (which he does still have), and Seismic Toss. "He must've been planning for this or something," she pondered, as Swampert quickly shot Trevenant with Scald.

Although the Gym Leader didn't take much damage, he was burned. "Nrgh..." he grunted, as the burn starting taking some effect. He did, however, stand in place, and he used Calm Mind. "This will help. Oh, and Swampert?"

"Yes?"

"It's over."

Swampert looked below his feet to find them tangled up with Leech Seed, and it helped counter Trevenant's burn. "Now that I've powered up with Calm Mind and you're stuck there, I don't think you can do much."

"Think again!"

"Hmm...?" the Leader responded as Swampert raised his fists in the air, and pounded them straight down. The entire battlefield began shaking. Trevenant immediately knew what this was. "Earthquake?! How could I be so easily tricked?"

The attack loosened Swampert so he could get free, and he finally shot Ice Beam at Trevenant, which sent him against the wall. He then followed up with Scald again, and Trevenant held up his arm.

"I concede."

The whole group cheered as Swampert helped up the Leader. Neko and Nya were simply given some confidence as they now knew Swampert's potential.

Trevenant stepped away for a moment and came back, holding a Badge, which appeared as a tree.

"You have earned this Badge. Take it and cherish it always."

"Alright!" Swampert shouted, pumped about his victory.

"So I must ask," the defeated Grass Pokémon said, "where are you planning to head next?"

"I guess I haven't thought about it," the victorious Water Pokémon said.

"In which case, I would recommend heading past Routes 3 and 4 and going through Sylycon City to Meteorite Town, where another Gym Leader resides."

"I thought there was a Gym in Sylycon as well?" Nidorina asked.

"There is, but I think you will need more training before you can advance to that Gym."

"Then, to Meteorite Town we go!" Swampert said. The group set off, ready for more adventures which almost certainly await them.

There are questions, however. Does Swampert have a rotating moveset? Will he, along with his four friends, be enough to protect the Meowstic? And what of Team Aqua? The answers to come, and much more, next time.
*sits around waiting for people's thoughts*

Chapter 5
A new chapter appeared!
Route 3, also known as the Water Road, was another step in the path to the Jakkus region's League. It was certainly a beautiful place - the damp trail leading towards Route 4 was surrounded by two rivers, each leading to the ocean. The water sparkled bright in the sun, and the many Water Pokémon living in this route happily splashed about.

As for our main characters, they walked through, taking in the sights (and smells) of the road. Nidorina challenged herself by battling a few of the natives, winning against them all.

"I'm doing good! Winning against Pokémon I'm weak to is a good sign!" she said, excited about her progress.

"You still have some ways to go, but you're definitely getting good," Swampert encouraged.

The whole group began fighting the Water 'mons, eventually getting tired out as the day drew to a close. They decided to set up a camp to sleep for the night, and they did so in a small clearing. Before long, they all went to sleep, except for two.

"Hey, Nya?" Neko asked his sister. "I'm kinda scared about all this..."

"Why?" she responded. "It's not like we're unprotected. That Swampert guy is very strong, and I can cover you if something happens."

"Yeah, but... What if you aren't around me, and I'm all alone?"

"...never really thought of it, actually... Maybe you'll have to learn to defend yourself."

"But I don't have any fighting skill!" Neko shouted, tears in eyes. "How am I possibly supposed to do that?! I haven't even learned any offensive moves!"

"Neko... Sometimes, you don't need to attack to win. I'm sure it'll come to you if you're ever faced with that kind of situation. But I'll always be by your side, so don't worry."

She wiped some tears from his eyes. The siblings hugged, and went back to sleep.

The next morning, the group set off to Route 4 - called the Tree Road, which, as the name implies, was lined with trees from beginning to end.

And who else to encounter on the path then two Aqua minions - Krabby and Corphish.

"You guys again," Sneasel said, glaring at them. "Look, I know I don't want to fight you guys, so just move along and we can ignore each other."

"Pshaw!" the Corphish scoffed, sneering. "Like we'd disobey direct orders directly ordered from our boss! If you ask me, I think you're the ones who should just shove off!"

But before anyone got a chance to attack, a dark figure swooped in front of the grunts, commanding them: "That's enough from you two. Beat it." As soon as the words entered their audio sensors, the two sped off.

"Now... I am a Commander of Team Aqua. Cloyster, at your... 'service.' I'm only gonna say this once, so listen good and hard. Our leader wants absolutely no interference from you five. Especially you, Swampert. And he says if you even think about interrupting our-- his master plan, he'll beat you and all your loved ones to a pulp."

The group gave each other some scared faces. Swampert stepped forward.

"You can scare us all you want, but I vow to defeat you and your leader, and stop whatever it is you're planning. And I never go back on my word."

"...tch." Cloyster rolled his eyes. "You have all this stupid confidence. And yet you don't realize that you have no chance. Our leader is probably the strongest Pokémon around. And you think you'll just waltz in and defeat him? Your power is so low in comparison... I don't think you could even defeat the next Gym Leader."

Swampert growled at the harsh words, but restraining himself he said, "I told you, I'm going to defeat him. No matter what it takes, I'll get stronger until I'm ready... I promise!"

Cloyster turned around and began leaving. "One more thing," he said. "Once our project is complete... it will be over. All will sink into the water." He then vanished into the air.

"Swampert," Umbreon said, "let's just ignore all that. I mean... you've beaten 2 Gyms without any problems, why would this be any different? And you - no, we're all gonna keep getting stronger. So let's keep moving forward!"

"I hear ya, bud!" he replied.

Continuing across the Tree Road, the group found a small cave among the trees. They entered, finding no "Do Not Enter" signs or the like. On the inside, cold and grey stalagmites and stalagtites crept everywhere, only getting darker as they stepped deeper in. Umbreon powered on his circles and used Flash to brighten the way forward, only to discover mysterious writings covering both sides of the cave wall.

"What's all this?..."

The light shone around so others could see, while Braixen pulled out her stick and lit it.

"It looks like the ancient language," Nidorina said. "I can't read it, but I recognize some of the symbols..." A segment of text read Ιδού η Τιτάν. Nidorina examined it... "It looks like this last word is... 'titan.' But I can't make out the rest."

"'Behold the Titan.'"

Everyone looked to the deeper section of the cave, where a single figure stepped forward - a Shedinja.

"It says 'Behold the Titan.' But there's more than just that."

He raised his arms, causing torches to illuminate the cave, now appearing as a tomb.

"In fact, there's a lot more to tell. You don't even know who this Titan is."

Two more torches lit, revealing the Titan itself - a white, moss-covered, colorful- and multi-eyed colossus. The room could barely hold the creature, its head raised very far above the tallest of the group, Swampert.

"This is the Pokémon who placed the continents in the spots we have memorized - Regigigas."

Chapter 6
Another new chapter? And so soon???
There it was. The colossal statue-like creature stood in place, staring ahead into nothing.

"R-Regi... Regigi... Regigigas?..." Umbreon said as he tried to pronounce its name.

"Yeah, I already said it once. Was that not enough?" Shedinja replied, annoyed. "Listen up... I'm going to tell you younglings some things about this Titan."

"...Like?" Swampert asked.

"Well..."

He sat on the ground in front of Regigigas, with the others sitting down as well.

"The tale begins a few thousand years ago... in the time of the ancient Pokémon, an age before Leagues and tournaments were even conceptualized. This period had only the Pokémon we now know as fossils, and some others.

"I won't go into too much detail, but for now, know that Regigigas was created by... another being. This Titan, as the Creator called him, was placed in the world by himself. All he had to keep himself busy was move the continents, those being in the same places as they are today. But he became lonely fast. The Creator decided to change that, and so came forth the Fossil Pokémon. These ancient creatures inhabited the planet for a long, long time. While the Creator was designing them, the Titan was building his own friends. Fashioned from rocks, ice, and an early form of metal, Regigigas created three new titans, even naming them after himself - Regirock, Regice, and Registeel. Now the Legendary Titans, the Three were sent out to the corners of known civilization to guard it with all their might.

"And that was exactly the problem. Although everything was mostly peaceful at the time, occasionally their power required some... demonstrations.

"Crater Mountain was formed because of Regirock; he threw Stone Edges so hard to eliminate a threat (a rogue Armaldo) that the mountain they fought on was carved into, creating a volcano-like opening.

"Regice caused a massive snowstorm over what's now Snowcloud Plain. Sure, he was trying to get rid of another enemy (Aerodactyl) with an Ice Beam to the sky, but he accidentally forgot to clear the area or move away.

"And Registeel unintentionally designed the slices you can see in the Cave of Fog while defeating an Omanyte. Surprising that the cave didn't collapse after that, but it did cause rocks to fall off the mountain the cave is in and nearly destroy a nearby village.

"With all this, the Titans had to come forth and apologize. They obviously didn't intend to cause any harm to the people, but the civilians weren't about to forgive them easily. They were taken and sealed up across the world.

"Regigigas was not happy. His only friends, his own creations, were seized and locked away forever. But even the supremely immense power of the original Titan could not stand to a full-on assault by the ancients. He was locked away like the rest of the Titans, in this very cave - the Cave of Hope."

Shedinja wiped his forehead. "Phew..."

Swampert walked up to and looked at the aged statue, with moss on some of him.

"But... What did he do wrong?..."

"Nothing, my boy. The ancients were awful suspicious of things, just like with that Creator..." He cleared his throat. "All that aside... They say that this Titan will reawake if the Three are brought to him. And it is also said that all four will protect the planet with their lives."

There was some silence.

"Alright. It's settled!" Swampert shouted.

"What is?" Braixen asked.

"I'm going to conquer the Pokémon League... and then I'll fight Regigigas someday. I want to defeat him with all my strength!"

"Hm," Nidorina said. "I don't know... I mean, we'd have to do a lot of digging to find the other Titans - literally."

Sneasel stood up. "Heh... Even in the worst times, we'll do it together! We're a team. We stand side-by-side, no matter what!"

Shedinja was pleased with the happy words, suddenly remembering something.

"Swampert," he asked, "what Gym are you heading for next?"

"My third one... Whatever comes next, I guess."

"At the end of this road is another town - Meteorite Town. I believe that leader's level of power will be just right for you."

"Got it. Let's head out, then!"

The group left, with Swampert taking one last look at the Titan.

"Regigigas... I'll wake you up someday," he thought to himself. "And I'll fight and defeat you, too!"

Meanwhile... At another location, the Aqua organization continued its plot.

"Alrighty, boys. It's time to fire this thing up," Seismitoad commanded.

A large engine of sorts was turned on by a Clawitzer. It hummed, increasing in power.

"Uh, sir?" a Krabby asked. "What exactly is this thing for, again?"

"Well, as much as I'd love to tell you... I'm not allowed. Only us higher-ups are cleared to exchange that information."

He grabbed the grunt, squeezing him a bit.

"Interesting that you only ask now, when you could've much earlier... Very interesting, isn't it, spy?"

Suddenly, Seismitoad was kicked in the face by the Krabby, who jumped away and shifted shape into a Super-Size Gourgeist.

"Hehehe," she chuckled. "Looks like my time as a sleeper agent is up." She then fired an Energy Ball at Seismitoad, who blocked it (although still sustaining some damage). Gourgeist escaped by sifting through a wall.

"...No matter. This machine was designed to be tamperproof. Even if she could've messed with it, it would've fixed itself alrea--"

BANG!

A loud explosion came from the engine as it exploded, sending debris everywhere. Seismitoad was not happy. Of course, the plan was going to be delayed, but then came the report to his boss.

"A... spy... entered into our ranks at some point and sabotaged the machine, even getting past the anti-tamper device."

The shadowy shape stood still as Seismitoad trembled.

"...It matters not. That was not the real machine, anyway."

Another engine dropped in front of Seismitoad, identical to the other.

"I knew of that spy the moment she stepped inside here on that day. That device was made simply to draw her out. Now then. Get to work, and make sure you examine harder when you allow grunts to return from field work. Much harder."

"...Yes, sir."

"The Waterquake will succeed. Nothing will stop my plans."

In another place, the heroes made it to the quaint Meteorite Town.

"Welp, here we are," Umbreon said. "Can't wait to see the next Gym battle!"

Swampert looked out of the corner of his eye, only to find a battle already taking place.

It was... something, battling a Milotic.

"D-Deoxys?..." he thought to himself. And he was correct, but he couldn't move quick enough to save Deoxys from a Dragon Pulse, pushing him into a building.

"Now... you're mine..."

Chapter 7
A new chapter appeared!
The battle hadn't just begun - it was already over, as Milotic loomed high over Deoxys with an evil look in her eyes. The building was just cracked enough to hold the DNA Pokémon firmly in place, perfect for the Aqua Commander to let loose.

"Now... you're mine..."

"No... NO!" Swampet shouted as he jumped ahead, in an attempt to prevent Milotic's Iron Head from directly landing on Deoxys.

Clang!

"...What?"

Swampert was still several yards away - so who could've blocked the attack?

"Nidorina?..."

The young one held up Milotic's head, barely turning it away from Deoxys behind her. Milotic stepped back, astonished by this little thing's strength. "How could something so small move my head out of the way? As big as I am..." she thought.

"I will not let you harm this alien... no... this Pokémon!" Nidorina held much determination in her voice, and she wasn't about to back down. The others could only watch as she began taking attacks from the gigantic Water Pokémon.

"Just stand aside. There's no room in this world for little weaklings like you... only the strong survive! You should know that by know."

She delivered an Ice Beam to Nidorina, which sent her tumbling away, and left her shivering.

"Honestly. I wish you would just stay home instead of meddling in our affairs. It's not easy on us having to deal with you, y'know. After all, our forces have been spread thin. How about you just surrender and walk away, and we can forget about all this?"

"I will never give up... not as long as you harm Pokémon... and my friends..."

Nidorina jumped high up into the air, launching a Thunderbolt onto Milotic. The recoil sent her reeling backwards, hitting a building herself.

Swampert took Deoxys off the wall, laying him onto the ground. "Just rest here a while." But Deoxys only looked briefly, before lying back down.

Across the region, the Gourgeist spy returned to an underground base. Her three friends were there - Lop the (Shiny) Lopunny, Lucas the Riolu, and the leader of these Fearless Four: Skale the Sceptile.

"Ah, Gina. You made it back," the lattermost said as the spy entered. "How'd it go?"

"The mission appears to be a complete success. The engine was blown up as planned, so we shouldn't have to worry about Team Aqua's plans for a while."

"Nice!" Lucas said. "But then, I knew you could do it, of all people."

"Ahh, you don't have to say all that..."

"Now then," Skale said, "I've got a new mission - one with that new group of Pokémon that's been going around collecting badges... you know them, right?"

The other three nodded.

"Good. Now, I want one of us to investigate them for a while."

"Is there something wrong?" Lop asked.

"No." He looked to the side. "...Not yet, anyway. For now, though - who's going to do it?"

After some murmuring, Lop raised her hand.

"I'll go! It'll be my first mission in a while!"

"Alright then. Just be careful, and only reveal yourself when necessary. We don't want to attract... their attention..."

"Got it, sir! I'll head out now."

In yet another place - the Aqua HQ - the true engine was being added onto a large vehicle, which appeared to be nearly ready to go. However, the grunts of the team were working on the ship and progress was moving along, if a bit slow.

"Hehe," Seismitoad chuckled. "Looks like it's about time to show the boss." As soon as he turned to leave, the leader himself was standing in front of him.

"O-Oh! Leader Brash! I wasn't expecting you there... hehe..."

The large Blastoise glared at him, proceeding to push him away. Behind him were the other three Commanders - Gastrodon, Cloyster, and Poliwrath.

"I've decided something. I'm no longer going to share the details of my plan with you, as I was originally going to. I don't want to risk another spy infiltrating and ruining it all."

"Yes sir!" the four replied.

"Speaking of... I want to test the four of you. A way to prove yourselves... After all, who's to say none of you are spies?"

Back at Meteorite Town, the battle went on, neither side prevailing. Nidorina's training paid off as she avoided Milotic's attacks and strategically launched her own, but Milotic had high defenses due to her massive size. Plus, the attacks that did hit Nidorina were quite powerful.

"N-No... I am a Team Aqua Commander... I will not lose to this pipsqueak...!"

She charged up not one, but two Ice Beams with her head and tail, hitting Nidorina with one and preparing to fire the one from her tail.

"Grahh... can't... move..." Nidorina said, her legs caught in the ice.

"Do you understand now? Do you see? Only the strong survive!"

The Ice Beam fired straight forward. But before it could hit its target, it was zapped into snow by a Psyshock, only from a recuperated Deoxys.

"Leave."

"...What did you say to me?"

"Leave. Or be terminated." He held up a hand that glowed with Psychic energy.

"I... I can still handle you... You're nothing to me!"

"You attacked me by surprise. If I had detected you closing in..."

"Forget it." Milotic created a large Surf around her, spinning around until it dissipated to reveal nothing left.

"Urgh..." Nidorina groaned, injured from the fight. Umbreon rushed over as Sneasel lifted her onto the former's back. "Let's go; I can carry her to the Center."

After a brief stop there, Swampert looked around outside, with Sneasel coming next to him.

"Surprised?"

"Huh? At what?"

"That Nidorina's come so far. Before, she couldn't do anything, and now... she's so strong."

"Yeah... I'm glad to have helped train her."

"And seeing Deoxys again... man, that guy's getting creepier by the minute."

"Mm... I kinda like him."

Sneasel blinked. "What?..."

"He's strong, he loves battling, and, well..." Swampert pointed to Deoxys, who was examining a meteor not far away. "He misses his family. He's just like me..."

"What happened to your family?"

"Oh, never mind it," he replied, then walked over to Deoxys.

"So... does that meteor remind you of something?"

But Deoxys didn't reply.

"Don't be shy. We're friends! We can talk."

"...I recognized it as having materials from my homeworld. Nothing inside supports my data, however."

"About that. Where do you come from, exactly?"

"It is a long story. I do not wish to elaborate on that topic."

"If you say so," Swampert said, confused at his response.

"I must be departing."

"Wait!" he said, as Deoxys was about to take off. "Where are you going?"

"To continue completing my prime directive."

"And what would that be?"

"It is classified." He looked into Swampert's eyes. "Do you not have... friends... to get back to?"

"Oh! Right," he replied. "Next time we meet, I want to fight you! I've come far since our first meeting, y'know."

"Perhaps..." He jumped high in the air and blasted away.

Back inside the center, Nidorina was up again, looking better than before. "Alright! I feel great! What's next?"

"Maybe we should just take it easy for a little while," Braixen said. "Explore this town a bit before going to the Gym."

"Sounds like a good idea to me," Umbreon agreed. "I've wanted to see these meteors since... forever!"

"Plus I heard there's a practice arena nearby, so we can all get some training in!" Sneasel said.

"Alright alright, we can hang out for a while," Swampert replied. "But not too long - I want to battle that Gym Leader!"

The group departed, with two less people in tow...

"Nya? Wh-where are you going?..."

"Leaving, Neko. And you're coming with. Clearly, it's too dangerous here. I've already told the others. I doubt Aqua is interested in us anymore."

"Oh... okay... I guess... But where are we going to go?"

"Don't worry, I know the perfect place for us."

INTRODUCTION

A small group of close friends lives together, traveling the world in search of adventure, and food.

This group consists of a Nidorina, an Umbreon, a Shiny Braixen, a Sneasel, and a Swampert.

They journey through many cities and towns, all the while considering what might happen to them next.

Little did they know the next town they'd enter would change their lives forever.

To be continued...
This is a rather simple introduction, is there a way you can make it more exciting? Or perhaps something that might highlight the uniqueness of the fic itself?

"Yeah," he replied. "Some food, drinks... enough for tonight's stay." He proceeded to place out all the food and drinks he had gotten. "Eat up."
In the PMD verse most Pokemon have a fairly simple diet, mostly berries and apples. But if you want to do something different here, that's fine, it'll just be better if you explain it.
On another note, is this story kind of in a 'in medias res' kind of situation? As in, this is the middle of the story, not the actual beginning of it.

"NOMNOMNOM!" he shouted as he scarfed down a turkey sandwich
'He scarfed down a turkey sandwich with enthusiasm' would work a lot better than the onomatopoeia you used here, which is slightly jarring.

Everyone then went silently to sleep. The next morning,
There needs to be a new paragraph here.

when a Shiny Poliwrath appeared.
"Excuse me, but I couldn't help noticing that Mega Stone on your necklace," he said. "My name is Poliwrath, and I'm the local Gym Leader. Perhaps if you're looking for a fight, you should come by."
Is this kind of a new world which is basically that of the anime/game world but all the humans are Pokemon instead? In that case, it doesn't make sense why these characters have to be Pokemon at all.

"Let's say I have some outside sources. I have a modified TM91.
Hmmm, people never seem to discuss TMs and how the function in the anime much, if at all. Could be an interesting plot point if you do it right.

Swampert tapped his Mega Stone and he began to glow. His body transformed, and he became Mega Swampert!
"Oh-ho!" Poliwrath exclaimed. "Very impressive! I've never seen a Mega Swampert in person before, and it does not disappoint."
"Heh-heh," Swampert chuckled. "The real fight starts now!"
This isn't really explained enough, you don't even tell us how Swampert's appearance changed.

"We have a winner!" the referee shouted. "Swampert wins the match!"
That was a very quick match.

"Indeed," a shady voice replied. "None will stand against our might."
Outside, Swampert was showered with compliments.
Sneasel said, "You were awesome!"
Umbreon said, "You were amazing!"
And Nidorina said, "That was totally awesomazing!"
Feels like a poor attempt at comedy, sorry to say, it's not very funny.

The pacing here is almost too quick, and because you never really provided a proper opening to the story and a proper introduction to the characters and why they are doing what they are doing, it feels as if you chose to start in the middle for no real reason. Also, if you're keeping so close to the anime-verse style journey fic with collecting badges and the like, there isn't much of a reason for the protagonists to be actual Pokemon in the first place and I don't think much would be lost if made them human instead. Considering the lack of description here without much intent do you think it would be better in the style of a script? I'm not sure if you are really using the prose style effectively enough.

@Ghostsoul
Thanks a lot for the feedback! :)
1. This is a rather simple introduction, is there a way you can make it more exciting? Or perhaps something that might highlight the uniqueness of the fic itself?

2. In the PMD verse most Pokemon have a fairly simple diet, mostly berries and apples. But if you want to do something different here, that's fine, it'll just be better if you explain it.
On another note, is this story kind of in a 'in medias res' kind of situation? As in, this is the middle of the story, not the actual beginning of it.

3. 'He scarfed down a turkey sandwich with enthusiasm' would work a lot better than the onomatopoeia you used here, which is slightly jarring.

4. There needs to be a new paragraph here.

5. Is this kind of a new world which is basically that of the anime/game world but all the humans are Pokemon instead? In that case, it doesn't make sense why these characters have to be Pokemon at all.

6. Hmmm, people never seem to discuss TMs and how the function in the anime much, if at all. Could be an interesting plot point if you do it right.

7. This isn't really explained enough, you don't even tell us how Swampert's appearance changed.

8. That was a very quick match.

9. Feels like a poor attempt at comedy, sorry to say, it's not very funny.

10. The pacing here is almost too quick, and because you never really provided a proper opening to the story and a proper introduction to the characters and why they are doing what they are doing, it feels as if you chose to start in the middle for no real reason. Also, if you're keeping so close to the anime-verse style journey fic with collecting badges and the like, there isn't much of a reason for the protagonists to be actual Pokemon in the first place and I don't think much would be lost if made them human instead. Considering the lack of description here without much intent do you think it would be better in the style of a script? I'm not sure if you are really using the prose style effectively enough.
1. Wrote this intro a long time ago, and I already know it's lackluster.
2. Simply put, the Pokémon here have diets that are essentially the same as humans. Everything in regards to the past will be explained eventually.
3-4. I see... I'll try to remember to fix those.
5. Does it really matter? This world is its own thing anyway.
6. I'll get to that eventually. :p
7-9. Again, been a long time since I wrote this chapter. I gotta rewrite it at some point.
10. ...man, I really goofed up early on, haha. By now, I've been attempting to bring more description into the fic, so hopefully that's working out.

Hope to see what else you'd have to say! :D

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom