• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you know won't happen but you hope for anyway

Team Rocket

Rocket Elite
Reaction score
What are some things that you would want to see happen in the anime even though you know they are practically certain to never happen?

For instance, I've always wanted a multiple episode arch simply focusing on Team Rocket finally capturing Pikachu and successfully bringing him to Team Rocket headquarters. I don't know what else would happen, but I would imagine Ash would break into the headquarters to retrieve him, though a funnier ending might definitely be Giovanni seeing no potential in Pikachu and simply tossing him out. Either way, I don't see it ever happening.

(And for the record, I'd say that Ash winning the Pokémon League Tournament is certainly within the realm of possibility for this anime, but you may disagree.)

Giovanni seeing no potential in Pikachu and simply tossing him out.
This in particular could never happen because then... what would the TRio do?!

I want Miyamoto (in some way shape or form) to be shown/referenced/appear.
Pffffft.

I want Butch and Cassidy to return. While I'd enjoy their appearence and all, I was mostly curious about how would they look in the BW/XY artstyle. Now with SM's huge redesigns... I'm curious about how pretty much all old characters would look.

I also want for Matori to do something and for Tracey to appear. They're pretty much each other's counterpart, so I don't get why Matori gets tons of silent cameos alongside Giovanni but Tracey can't even be shown in Oak's lab anymore?

Last edited:
The return of my beloved huntress... :(

More Team Rocket members appearing AND doing something worthwhile.

Appearances by old Ash-tachii members, or at least a companion series like the Hoso Specials/Chronicles.

THE END.

Or the alternative word: Epilogue.

Whatever the method it could be, whether it is epicly well-written or underwhelming mundane, I just want it to happen so badly. Ash's journey need to end, seriously!!!

Because when there comes an ending, there could finally starts a new beginning, if, there planned to have a new beginning. Though even if not, nothing last forever. Something is beautiful because that something is short-lived only exists in this world momentary, thus shall be remembered forever.

Ash to win a league.

But, of course, it would mean the end of his journey. It's not like he could just win, get a trophy, then hear of another region and travel there, could he?

Oh, you sweet, sassy writers. Always love to make me cry when my heroes can't win the big leagues.

This is why I gave up on the anime after the Sinnoh region.

it would be nice if we even got to see more quilava in the first place

It has been my secret wish, despite seeming unlikely, for Ash's Quilava to evolve. I want to see more of my favourite fully evolved starter in the anime.

Same here! I actually thought they could make up a pattern where Quilava could evolve every second generation. Gen2-Cyndaquil, Gen4- Quilava, Gen6-Typhlosion, Gen8-Mega Typhlosion

For Jessie, James, & that talking Meowth to just drop dead already. Their antics have become sickening since the Johto saga.

Having a good adaptation of the Aether Foundation and Lusamine plot from the games. Since Hoshigumo-chan is nowhere to be found I think Guzma will probably be the main antagonist here.

It would also be pretty weird for them to play Team Skull as the main antagonist of the series anyway. Even when Mallow told Ash that those Team Skull grunts were dangerous, I couldn't help but laugh. Team Skull is the least threatening evil team ever and that's the point. They're supposed to be ridiculous and distract people from the Aether Foundation. If they played Team Skull and Guzma as straight up threats, I'd have a really hard time taking it seriously after seeing their roles in the games.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom