• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tier Discussion

Don't forget about Cobalion. I haven't had a problem with Chansey (since i started playing UU) since most have Toxic, which Cob is immune to, and it can freely set up. Of course, T-Wave is a problem, but I have Jolteon to scout....
Personally, I'm glad Staraptor's gone, it was a bit overbalanced.

So u must rely on one and only one poke to take out that pink blob every time?

Not really. Crobat is another one, he completely and utterly shuts down Chansey with Taunt, Super Fang, Roost, and Brave Bird. Rhyperior works to a point, though Toxic is annoying.

Not really. Crobat is another one, he completely and utterly shuts down Chansey with Taunt, Super Fang, Roost, and Brave Bird. Rhyperior works to a point, though Toxic is annoying.

Chansey isn't going to be the only poke on a rival's line-up.

Chansey isn't going to be the only poke on a rival's line-up.

Well it's the premier special wall and 7th most used Pokemon in UU, so there's a very good chance that Chansey will be on an opponent's team, and countering Chansey isn't Crobat's only use.

I think the problem is that Chansey limits diversity in the UU metagame by forcing players to use teams comprised almost entirely of physical attackers. Keep in my mind, however, that using multiple physical sweepers in no way guarantees the defeat of an opposing Chansey. Chansey can actually take on pretty much any physical attacker that isn't using a boosted Close Combat or another similarly powerful fighting-type attack.

That's why Crobat works so well. Taunt shuts down Softboiled and Thunderwave, and Super Fang will keep cutting it's health. Plus, Crobat is great as a lead.

I think the problem is that Chansey limits diversity in the UU metagame by forcing players to use teams comprised almost entirely of physical attackers. Keep in my mind, however, that using multiple physical sweepers in no way guarantees the defeat of an opposing Chansey. Chansey can actually take on pretty much any physical attacker that isn't using a boosted Close Combat or another similarly powerful fighting-type attack.

this

That's why Crobat works so well. Taunt shuts down Softboiled and Thunderwave, and Super Fang will keep cutting it's health. Plus, Crobat is great as a lead.

Crobat breaks stall like a pro, but its existence doesn't make Chansey any less broken.

I've found Crobat to be great. His movepool is really great, and outside of his fantastic Speed his other stats are still quite good.

I wish Staraptor was still in UU... I actually never used him, opting for other physical attackers.

I'm happy that Espeon is gone though. Magic Bounce is a bitch. I'm surprised it took this long.

I'm now thinking about making a new team with a Crobat in it. Suggestions?

Lets discuss ubers.Kyogre continues to dominate the ubers just like the last 2 gens.Mewtwo has become deadlier due to the addition of psystrike to his movepool.

And Ferrothorn is even more common in Ubers than it is in OU. I guess it's because it walls so many things there (like the ever-terrifying Kyogre), it's not funny.

Jumpluff actually works better in UU than RU because of the hordes or Grass types and Sap Sippers in RU. It's surprisingly effective at causing switches/wearing away teams if you for subseedpowder and bounce.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom