• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Top 6 team for training in Gyms

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
With the new update, we may use up to 6 Pokemon while training at a Gym. Which means that having a full team of high CP Pokemon matters more than before (although having more than 1/6 was/is still useful for type advantages). In this thread, you may post your 6 highest CP Pokemon as a team and discuss about the team of 6 you would bring up in a Gym in general.

An interesting math to do in this case is <your #6 in CP ranking Pokemon>/1.2 to get a "minimum limit" of sorts. All of your Pokemon with a CP above said limit may be better than at least one of your top 6 in an encounter if the types are in its favor/against the top #6 Pokemon's favor.
The 1.2 stands for the effectiveness multiplier (which can be used as a multiplier in CP as a rough estimate for any given battle between 2 Pokemon). Note that this is just a rough estimate, of course, and CP itself is not the most reliable way to calculate stats in actual battle (as there are hidden stats that actually matter instead).

My top CP team as of now:

624 - Machoke
607 - Fearow
548 - Golbat
466 - Raticate
445 - Raticate
443 - Raticate

In practice I doubt I would use all 3 of my Aristorats yeah I call them that as an inside joke between RL friends in a Gym, as Normal-type Pokemon don't even have a single type advantage.

In my case, right now, the limit is 443/1.2=369 CP. My Pokemon between 369-443 CP include 2 Growlithe, Nidorino, Pidgeotto, Golbat, Oddish, Pidgeot. Lots of these Pokemon could be more useful than Raticate. There are lots of Fire, Poison and Flying types in here. Looks like I'm totally ready for Gyms with lots of Grass-types. that's assuming we ignore the fact that most Gyms have extremely high CP Pokemon for even Machoke's standards at the moment

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom