• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tutorials, Resources, and Tips

DeviantArt is a very excellent place for PSD's,Textures and Brushes.

Are we aloud to post our own tutorials in this thread?

Ok Thank you Shiay.I may work on one later.Either one with rendering or using Textures.Just the basics.I'm only teaching Photoshop ones since I use it.

I'll edit this post later on if no one post in here so I don't double post.

EDIT:Here is How to use a Texture.One of the basics.
Note:First tutorial and since that VERY SLOPPY AND SMALL!!Sorry if you can't see it or understand it

sucky.png

Last edited:
22n7kp.png

One of my tutorials, I can post them all if you'd like... Would it not be easier and more convenient to have a separate thread for spriting tutorials, in the Spriters' Sanctuary?

Ehm.... Can anyone tell me how to splice 2 pokemon together? Please? And um... Thank you!!

Note: eh... I never spriting before.. So, don't use difficult words okay?

Here's a tutorial on how to draw a Whimsicott, by me. Spoilered for its length--will induce screenrape.
Whimsicotts.jpg

I don't know if this is the right thread or forum to post this question in but because this forum is about making images I will post it here. How can you make parts of videos from YouTube into GIFs? The videos which I would like to take parts from are normally 22 minutes each.

Last edited:
I don't if this is the right thread or forum to post this question in but because this forum is about making images I will post it here. How can you make parts of videos from YouTube into GIFs? The videos which I would like to take parts from are normally 22 minutes each.

You'd have to download the video off of YouTube and then open the video file in a program such as Photoshop or VirtualDub. I personally use VirtualDub for my GIF making.

I don't know if this is the right thread or forum to post this question in but because this forum is about making images I will post it here. How can you make parts of videos from YouTube into GIFs? The videos which I would like to take parts from are normally 22 minutes each.

You'd have to download the video off of YouTube and then open the video file in a program such as Photoshop or VirtualDub. I personally use VirtualDub for my GIF making.

Thank you. I have been using an application called YouTube Downloader HD to download the videos but VirtualDub won't allow me to open the downloaded videos because they are automatically opened by Windows Media Player, even though I clicked Convert FLV to AVI, I used an AVI Converter to make it compatible with VirtualDub. Can you download YouTube videos without having to convert them to be compatible with VirtualDub?

Thank you. I have been using an application called YouTube Downloader HD to download the videos but VirtualDub won't allow me to open the downloaded videos because they are automatically opened by Windows Media Player, even though I clicked Convert FLV to AVI, I used an AVI Converter to make it compatible with VirtualDub. Can you download YouTube videos without having to convert them to be compatible with VirtualDub?

Unfortunately not, because VirtualDub is unable to open FLV files.

Oh, by the way, here's the method that I use: How to make an animated GIF from an MKV file - YouTube

Would you mind linking it~? ouo I'll get the list updated right away once I have the link to provide in the list. <3

Oh? Blast everything! I can't tell what's a link and what isn't with this skin I'm using for Bulba!

In any case, the list has been updated.

Shiay thanks a lot for sharing all these tutorials.I am new in this field and it is very helpful for me.Thanks again.Thumbs up for you

I would like to have tutorials on how to draw May & Ash without their headgear and with a regular T-Shirt and regular shorts. This would be very helpful for a thing I'm doing for another forum.

Last edited:
Updated the OP by fixing/deleting the links that weren't working anymore.

Please keep sharing tutorials and resources! :D I'll look around to see if I can find some more to add, too.

Tutorial - Making Gifs for Rotating Images and Animations using GIMP

Hi everyone, this a a quick tutorial to show the basics of making gif animations using GIMP :)

Remember to make sure the file size and dimentions of your gif does not exceeed the maximum sizes allowed for images and signatures on the site. Converting images to the gif format can also reduce the quality of the image.

Rotating Images:

Rotating images are basically slideshows of various images which refresh at relatively slow intervals to allow each image to be seen before moving onto the next. These types of animated gifs are great for signature banners or for slideshows if you wish to display more than one image in the same amount of space.

j52QKRw.png

rKhWdIU.png

XCGrS6c.png

dVW6lbV.png

MQYQbus.png

jIGqZQ9.png

aed94Cu.png

After completing all of these steps click 'Export' to save your image.

Animations:
Gif Animations are drawings or frames from video clips that are refreshed at a high speed to give the illusion of movement. When making animated drawings you need to make slight changes to the drawing in each frame to show movements in parts or all of the drawing from one position to another. The smaller the movements between each frame and the larger the amount of frames per animation makes for a smoother and less choppy animation overall.

HDnSPAf.png

KZ2vARi.png

After completing all of these steps click 'Export' to save your image.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom