• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Twitch Plays Pokémon Crystal! (Viewers Control The Game)

Re: Twitch Plays Pokémon Red/Blue! (Viewers Control The Game)

That's the longest they've been stuck in one place, right?

Also, I'm trying to find en explanation of the new "anarchy/democracy" bar at the top, but I can't find anything. How exactly does it affect game play?

The streamer decided to try and make things smoother by implementing a voting system for keypresses rather than just having people spam and pray, but people didn't like the lack of chaos, so they started spamming "start9". Start9, as the name suggests, tells the emulator to press start 9 times, which basically devolved the whole thing back into a chaotic anarchy under Helix. Now they're voting whether or not to re-implement the democratic system or keep the mess going as it is.

I don't really like it myself and is a pain to watch for more than 30 seconds.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen... but it's so amusing xD

Average player:
Alright, I'll skirt around this bug catcher, and use X item on Y door.

TPP:
AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9AAABABBABStartBStartSelectDownUpUpLeftLeftLeftLeftRightStart9

That's the longest they've been stuck in one place, right?

Also, I'm trying to find en explanation of the new "anarchy/democracy" bar at the top, but I can't find anything. How exactly does it affect game play?

The streamer decided to try and make things smoother by implementing a voting system for keypresses rather than just having people spam and pray, but people didn't like the lack of chaos, so they started spamming "start9". Start9, as the name suggests, tells the emulator to press start 9 times, which basically devolved the whole thing back into a chaotic anarchy under Helix. Now they're voting whether or not to re-implement the democratic system or keep the mess going as it is.

Nice, thanks for the explanation!

I actually saw the transition from "anarchy mode" I guess to "democracy mode" at one point in the stream. Between the massive lag and the trolls typing "start9", at some points it was more of a mess having people vote for an input than to just make the ROM interpret each input individually. Then again, right now it's in "anarchy mode" and... well... I don't think a lot of people currently in the chat even know what they're supposed to be doing at this point.

The stream has kind of lost its charm now that it's been so popular, but this is still very entertaining. Can't... stop... watching...

Also: at one point, the stream had over 91,000 active views. I wonder if it's reached/will ever reach 100K.

Before it was hard to bear because no-one seemed to know what they were doing or were intentionally counteractive. Now it takes a minute for the game to tally up votes AND there're still counteractive users.

It's almost unbearable but freaking hilarious. I wish I was around to see an actual fight

So how many more months do you think until Zapdos/Articuno?

We got to Giovanni using just our messiah, Pidgeot. It was down to Kangaskhan vs. Him. Kanga lands a critical hit, we think it's over; BUT HE HANGS ON. So what do we do? We use freaking Whirlwind. And die at the hands of Kangaskhan and Rage.

So basically we don't forgive ourselves and are back in Celadon. I fear for the future.

Well, I've checked it out a few times the last few days. I participated a few times as well, but never for more than like 10 minutes lol.

It's really ridiculous. The surfaced memes have been weird, and odd, but kinda hilarious. Twitch Plays Pokemon | Know Your Meme

Now with this new anarchy democracy system, things have gotten a little more interesting. But not enough for me to really care haha.

Personally, I think it's gotten too serious lol. It's just a game. No need to be so dramatic and serious about it XD

I don't know whether to laugh or cry watching TPP. It's possibly the most masochistic thing I've done all year.

My first try, tried to keep everyone in the shelter of the lift. Was forced to step out. Subsequently consulted the almighty helix fossil. Helix fossil demanded we must stay in the lift.

Personally, I think it's gotten too serious lol. It's just a game. No need to be so dramatic and serious about it XD
Getting serious is the only reason they're not still stuck in Pallet Town trying to find Professor Oak.

OH GOD THEY'RE IN THE ROCK TUNNEL AGAIN!? Guide them Helix Fossil out of that hell hole! We believe in you.

Also anyone know what they have on their team now? I know they got a new Rattata I have nicknamed AJ and an Oddish, but what else? Last I saw they still have Pidgeot, Dux, and Drowzee. I know Flareon has been released(and the fans couldn't be happier XD)

EDIT: They're out :D PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY HELIX FOSSIL!!!

Last edited:

We and Bird Jesus have repented our sins by defeating the mafia boss of Kanto, and Helix has forgiven us. He has blessed us with the TM Psychic, allowing The Keeper to unlock his power as the True Prophet. Praise be to the Helix, and may He now light our path to glory.

Actually, watching the stream is kinda annoying and most of the time plain boring... but the viralization(does this word exist?) around this is among the most epic things I've seen in internet. And a magnificent social experiment.

Just got CCC, AKA C3KO.

An agent of the dome attempted to trap us in the mart.
All praise to the helix fossil.
More as it develops.

THIS JUST IN!
THE HELIX FOSSIL HAS FORSAKEN US!
C3KO HAS BEEN RELEASED!
THE CRIT-KEY IS GONE!

Last edited:

Whoever created the Twitch game must be a FUCKING GOD.

According to Kotaku, TPP is destroying the Internet. Or at least Twitch.

Also, articles by CNN, CNET, NPR, BBC, International Business Times (?!?!), and the list goes on...

Also anyone know what they have on their team now? I know they got a new Rattata I have nicknamed AJ and an Oddish, but what else? Last I saw they still have Pidgeot, Dux, and Drowzee. I know Flareon has been released(and the fans couldn't be happier XD)

There's apparently a nice little document where you can get a quick summary on the status of TPP. Pretty interesting stuff. (LOL-ing at the release of C3KO, and glad to see that The Keeper finally has something better than Confusion.)

Apparently I just missed a great event... I was at my church choir and I come back to see everyone celebrating and praising the Helix Fossil...

Spotted while browsing Kitaku's news articles on the matter:
ku-xlarge.png
Not exactly up-to-date with current events, but apt. Very apt.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom