• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Tyrantrum vs Aurorus

Tyrantum has the better design, while Arorus looks like it came from a preschool show.

Tyrantrum is too Greymon for me. Aurorus does look like it belongs on a children's tv show, but then I remembered that's exactly what pokemon is..... I still like it better.

Tyrantrum. I'm not a fan of Aurorus' s design, though I do like Amaura a lot. The typing on Aurorus isn't great either.

I choose Aurorus. I like Tyrunt more than Amaura, but I didn't like the reddish coloring Tyrantrum has when I first saw it. I'm okay with it now, but even so, I immediately liked Aurorus when I first saw it. I liked it so much that I decided to use Aurorus in my first X team.

Tyrantrum looks like a badass, but I prefer Aurorus. Looks more majestic and regal to me, and since I like that sort of stuff, I prefer it.

Aurorus. I love its typing and elegant design. Tyrantrum is cool and everything but I'm not really interested in it.

I don't hold anything against Aurorus (Refrigerate is an awesome ability), but I do lean in favor of the aggressive T-Rex in general.

Though it must be said how both fossils have pretty questionable type combinations this Gen (Rock+Dragon = 6 weak points; Rock+Ice = 5 weak points including 4x from Steel AND Fighting).

Last edited:
Tyrantrum has an amazing design, I love the crown, the beard, the robe. And finally, a Rock/Dragon! I haven't used one yet, so I can't speak for its battle prowess, but it seems like it's fairly good.

I don't like Aurorus' design, it doesn't appeal to me. And everytime I face an Aurorus when battling my friends, it always seem to be a massive pain, so I dislike it for that reason too bias bias bias.

Voted Tyrantrum!

Tyrantrum has an amazing design, I love the crown, the beard, the robe. And finally, a Rock/Dragon! I haven't used one yet, so I can't speak for its battle prowess, but it seems like it's fairly good. Voted Tyrantrum!

Sp. Defense sucks otherwise, it is good.

Tyrantrum! I used one on my team. I like his design, and that he's based on a T-Rex. And he has a Dragon typing, which makes him even more awesome.

Initially, I thought Aurorus was so beautiful and had to be on my team, so I picked that fossil, but I never got around to using one. Then, I got Tyrunt through Wonder Trade and bred for a shiny. I've warmed up immensely to Tyrunt's line and design. I love having a t-rex Pokemon.

Tyrantrum by a long shot. I loved both of their unevolved forms, but Aurorus's sails just make it end up looking kinda goofy to me. Tyrantrum ended up being one of my favorites this gen.

I've always loved Aurorus' design. It's so graceful, where Tyrantrum is just another Tyranitar rip-off!

Oh god, this is hard. I love both of them so much, they're easily in my top three faves at least. I'm gonna go with Aurorus just because I love its design more(Making the sail of an Amargasaurus into an aurora was genius).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom