• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia U-Pick Mafia - Endgame - This is the end- 29/06/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
ENDGAME

Day 8. Final vote count
Lone_Garurumon (9999999): Darhtwolf13, Elieson, Pika_pika42, Sword Master, 9999995 x Lone_Garurumon

Lone garurumon was lynched, They where...
Dear Lone_Garurumon, you are Flygon, the Mystic Pokemon.
flygon_by_tipetsu-d4c39qe.png

AS Pokedex said:
Flygon whips up a sandstorm by flapping its wings. The wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. Because the “singing” is the only thing that can be heard in a sandstorm, this Pokémon is said to be the desert spirit.
Flygon is a ground/dragon type, first introduced in Generation 3. It is the final evolution of trapinch, and evolves from Vibrava at level 45. It is not found in its evolved form in the wild, but trapinch can be found on routes 111, 228, Kalos 13 and the Haina desert. Due to its high stats and secondary dragon typing, it is commonly referred to as a psuedo-legendary Pokemon.
You know two moves, which you can choose between each night:
Supersonic: This will confuse its target, making them unable to use their action that night.
Hyper Beam: This will knock out your target for a day, making them unable to speak. However, you are unable to use this ability twice in a row due to its required recharge time.
You are allied with the Mafia and win when all Town members are dead, or this is inevitable.
Let me know if you'd rather a Scum Discord.

And after all of that, what some might call a game, I would call madness, Town had finally achieved their Victory.

Congrats Town. You have won the game!

Dear Darthwolf13, You're Toma from Aquarion

You are the Cop
Every night you can scan someone and learn their allignment.
You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction are defeated.
Dear swarla, You are Hiro Nakamura the CEO of Yamagato Industries.
Hironakamura.jpg
Hiro Nakamura is the CEO of Yamagato Industries and the former managing partner of Erica Kravid. As you got bored with the monotony and conformity of your job as a salaried employee, you turn for your love of science fiction and fantasy as an escape. As you're a bit of a dreamer, you love the idea of possessing powers, but the reality of it all becomes more than what you expected. Eventually going so far as using your time travel power to fix past mistakes and make the life of those around you better.

Since you are the CEO of Yamagato Industries, you are the Mayor. because you can alter time, Once in the game, you can override the lynch using your powers.
Please use your power in the following format: Redirect Lynch to: [player]
You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction are defeated.[/B]
Dear Yours Truly, you are Tom Hanks.
tom-hanks.jpg
tom-hanks.jpg
Tom Hanks said:
If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes it great.
Tom Hanks is an American actor and film maker. He has starred in many extremely famous films including Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story and Apollo 13. He was born in California, and has four children. Over the course of his career he has won two Academy Awards and four Golden Globes. He is a vocal supporter of same-sex marriage and has represented many environmental issues.

Due to your ability to dodge bullets in action films, you are 1x Bulletproof. You will survive the first attempt on your life every night.
You are allied with the Town and win when all threats to your faction are defeated.
Dear Pika_pika42, you are Innes from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.
90e174d531b6951d0cef28752328f973.jpg

Trying to trap me is a mistake. Failing, an expensive one. I think it's time for you to learn how expensive.
Innes is a sniper and the prince of Frelia. He can be arrogant and rude, but is kind and caring to those he loves. He is very skilled with a bow, having reportedly beaten a famous visiting archer in a contest of skill as a child. He joins Ephraim and Erika and fights alongside them against the kingdom of Grado. He has high base stats and fairly good growth rates, making him quite a powerful unit to use in the game.
Due to the poor accuracy of archers in Fire Emblem, you are a Bow Vigilante.
During the Night phase you may choose to either target another player, with a 75% chance of killing said player, or take aim. If you take aim, your shot the following Night phase will be 100% accurate if your target is mafia or 25% accurate if your target is town. If your target is neither mafia nor town, your shot will always be 75% accurate whether or not you take aim.
Essentially, you are the flying pumpkin that shoots laser beams out of its arse
Dear Ereshkigal, You're Emu Hojo

You are the Doctor
Every night you can target someone (including your self) and protect them from any night kill.

The winners:
  • Elementar
  • Elieson
  • Skullcrow
  • Zexy
  • MegaPod12
  • Sword Master
  • Darthwolf13
  • Pika_pika42
  • Zachie
  • AussieEevee
  • Pikochu
  • FinalArcadia
  • Jackatlasred
Those who almost reigned victorious:
  • Junpei Tenmyouji
  • CheffOfGames
  • Midorikawa
  • Lone_Garurumon
...but actually, you also kind of won, because everyone who enjoys the game wins :)

I'll be sure to post host thoughts, and stuff in my next post :)

Congratulations to the town and jack.
Thanks Dylan and Flop (and Calvin for the parts he did) for hosting a nice game. Also thanks to the players who lynched me immediately, glad it actually caused you more good than harm at least.

It was my first ever game as Jester and I enjoyed it a lot even though I got out quickly. I just have quite the luck with indep wins lately :D

I must admit however that upon spectating I noticed town was a bit OP. Cop + Rolecop too strong unless mafia has enough roles to make up for it, I'm afraid it didn't.

Well here we go with the host notes. I should've probably made a list while this game was ongoing, but hey. Hindsight.

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for playing and staying around till the game started, the game had a lot of issues, mainly at the beginning with Calvin having to leave, but most of them could be fixed.

Second of all, I'd like to point out that the Lyncher's target was random, it wasn't supposed to be targeting the Jester (I only knew this after Zexy asked this to flop in the graveyard chat XD), that said, I didn't get to changing the setup, as half of the roles where already send out at the time I took over, so I decided to let the setup be what Flop & Calvin crafted together, even though town was slightly OP.

Just before I posted this, I remembered, that I kinda... got someone killed on accident. I'm deeply sorry about that this happened AussieEevee. Luckily, it didn't change the outcome of the game.

One thing is for sure, this game has won the "Most subs required" award, which is something not to be that happy about. But I'd especially like to thank those who stayed or joined late for making sure this game didn't go to waste! It's really appreciated guys!

Lastly, please excuse me for my half-assed attempt at doing flavor text, half of the game was still in one of my most busy periods, nor did the game have any cohesiveness character wise. I'll try to get this fixed more in my next games. Starting off with ME vs WE even though ME is writing most of the FT there... Which, if you haven't yet, you should totally sign up for as it's starting this weekend!

And if you have the time, please answer the following questions:
Code:
1. Did you enjoy the game?

2. What did you about the idea of having a game where you can submit anyone as a character

3. How did you like the name claiming aspect of the game?

4. What would you change about the game, if anything?

5. Would you participate, in a future version of U-Pick. With the problems it had, fixed too as much of an extend as possible?

I hope everyone enjoyed them selves. Till the next time! :)

Yeah guys, that was me. Apologies to the rest of my team for conceding, I just honestly couldn't see any way out of that pit Darth dug for me.
I guess that's what happens when you're gone for a day and don't get to make the kill.

I guess there was a Doc after all, he was just inactive as all heck. I came to the conclusion that there was none since I still killed the LightningRod, so I was gonna kill Darth so I could finally get out from under that umbrella of roleblocking him every night.

Either way, thanks to Dylan, Flop, and (initially) Calvin for my first scum game since XYZ. It was kinda nice to be scum for once.

Now, a question the the players who were left (and players who weren't I guess):
What were you actually thinking of me as before Darth outed me as scum?
If I'd actually got in to make that kill, do you think I would've actually had a chance to stay on your good sides long enough to win?

Yeah, even if I royally screwed it up in the end (I'm seriously so sorry about that scumbuddies) it was still a fun time. Honestly I thought I was screwed even before Darth got me. I thought I was done when Elementar claimed a Princess as well (I claimed a standard Beloved Princess (Peach) to Darth in private for those who didn't know).
2. What did you about the idea of having a game where you can submit anyone as a character
I always like this kind of game, since it lets everyone have a little extra fun by throwing characters in and seeing how the host will turn it into a role (on that note I'm very disappointed in you both for being so simple with Marluxia. I even gave you a wiki page).
I feel like it was perfectly reasonable in a game where character is no indication of alignment. It also helps add another level (and risk) to fakeclaims. I felt like I could make it a little more believable just by throwing a character in that fit what I was trying to claim (and just pretending it was something one of the dead players submitted).
Actually showing up and killing Darth.
5. Would you participate, in a future version of U-Pick. With the problems it had, fixed too as much of an extent as possible?
Yeah, I always like these kinds'a games.

Definitely!
Very nice, although it started off with Chaos Mafia.
I think name claims are fine for a game like this.
Stronger mafia.
5. Would you participate, in a future version of U-Pick. With the problems it had, fixed too as much of an extent as possible?
Sure!

What the <censored> guys?! Last minute voting during my night time?! For a role that virtually led the lynch on Mido?!
I did. I found it particurally awesome that I got a good hit on my first track.

Considering that I'm running one? Well, two if you count ESB too :p

I like the ability to name claim.

I wouldn't go to sleep so close to phase update, incase people try to push an illogical lynch on me!

5. Would you participate, in a future version of U-Pick. With the problems it had, fixed too as much of an extend as possible?
Perhaps. We'll see how life goes.

Don't worry too much about your mistake. Trust me. Hosts make mistakes. I've made them, and I would say everyone who has ever hosted here has made a mistake or two in their time.

Is there a mafia chat we can read?

Is there a mafia chat we can read?
There is indeed, I don't seem to have permission to add you to the chat though, we'd probably need Calvin or something to add you (or maybe that's one of Dylan's new magical Mod powers, who knows?).

There is indeed, I don't seem to have permission to add you to the chat though, we'd probably need Calvin or something to add you (or maybe that's one of Dylan's new magical Mod powers, who knows?).
I'm almost home, I'll get to it asap :)

Woo, congrats, town! And mafia did well too!

Wasn't alive too long unfortunately, but I enjoyed what I played!
I'm a big fan of games where you get to submit characters, it's hard for me to resist them lol.
No complaints, it works well in this kind of setup.
Town did have a lot of investigative power, so maybe tone that down a bit. Otherwise, can't think of anything!
Sure, I'd definitely be interested in that!

Thanks for hosting, SoaringDylan and Doctor Floptopus! I can imagine the difficulty in taking over another player's game without being able to ask him what his plans were, but it turned out very well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom