• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia US Presidents Mafia I - Endgame: President's Day 13/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulmaster

Notification King 1111
Reaction score
Greetings War Room! As promised, on the heels of Holiday Mafia comes another topical Mafia game.
This time, we'll be looking back through the history books from the founding of the United States until today to bring you a series of Mafia games about the United States Presidents.
Each one a unique character depicting the era in which they lived and held office. Each faced various trials and tribulations during their terms.
War, financial crises, diplomatic incidents, assassinations, civil rights, nuclear bombs, slavery, taxation, tea parties, global warming, space race and damned cowboys.
All these issues and more confronted the leaders of the United States throughout its history. As the issues of the era were confronted, the United States citizens faced them head on in the polls and voted for the leaders they believed would guide them through the tumultuous times or the times of prosperity the best.

And so, as we begin a new era of leadership in the United States with the inauguration of the 45th President, it is our pleasure to bring you all:

US PRESIDENTS MAFIA I

This is the first in a series of four games that will be hosted by myself and Maniacal Engineer (who has written this post, so don't throw rotten tomatoes at me, throw them at him!)
Please note that we do try to keep personal political opinions out of the roles, but, occasionally ME gets sloppy or is too over opinionated. Please excuse his lapses.

For those who have no idea of Mafia, the mechanics are simple. Everyone will be split into two teams, the uninformed majority known as Presidential Powerhouses, and the informed minority known as Presidential Party Poopers. There is also the possibility of independent players in the game.
Below is a sample role PM for your amusement:
Dear Maniacal Engineer,
78329.jpg

You are Maniacal Engineer, the 46th, and final, President of the United States of America. After the disastrous term of the 45th President, the United States was left a world laughingstock. The US was penniless and at the mercy of the other countries of the world. A desperate people cried out, and you answered the call.
Given the imminent dangers that the United States found itself in, you immediately declared Martial Law, upon taking the oath of office, and your first official act as President was to abolish Congress and replace it with a coalition of your fellow engineers, scientists, and mathematicians from all 50 states.
Together, you and your coalition quickly and efficiently tackled all of the problems facing the US, the national debt was paid off completely, the power grids were switched to renewable energy sources, and infrastructure was repaired and maintained, creating thousands upon thousands of jobs across the US.
You then proceeded to take on all the social issues of the era by, effectively, telling the government to "fuck off," and stay out of people's private lives, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and religious organizations.
As a result of the Martial Law, you also abolished the election process until such time as you felt that the nation was sufficiently capable of standing on its own. As such, you followed in the footsteps of Joshua Abraham Norton, and crowned yourself the Second Emperor of the United States. However, due to your overall effectiveness, you are immensely popular, so nobody cares.
Due to your absolute power, you are the Game Host. It is your responsibility to oversee the game and update it accordingly.
You are allied with yourself, and you win if everybody has a good time.
Please note that ME wrote this BEFORE election day, so it isn't meant as a slight against one candidate in particular. This will also explain the formatting differences between the above sample PM and the role PMs you will be receiving, which were all written within the last couple of days.

Anyway, without further ado, let's begin our tour of the White House by going over a few quick rules.

#1. As the hosts, We claim the right to add, edit, or delete rules as needed in this game.

#2. Warnings and/or Modkills for:

- REVEALING YOUR ROLE PM. Enough said. Not even among "mafia" players. No photos, no to anything. If this happens, immediate removal from the game.

- FAKING A ROLE PM. Do not try it. This also counts in the “Revealing Your Role PM” rule.

- INACTIVITY. Unless you tell us before absence (up to five days at most), we will replace you or if not possible, remove your role from the game. If you think you can't remain active, you might not want to sign up.

After three phases without any posts, or contacting anyone, we shall take action for the inactivity. Keep in mind that if you're leaving under our permission, you are still in the game but can be lynched or killed.

- POSTING AFTER DEATH, INFORMATIVE STYLE. If you're dead, don't be informative. It ruins the game. If we find any proof that a living player is involved in the mischief, then we will take action. You cannot like posts after death either.

- NAME CLAIMS. You cannot claim the name of your character. You may however claim your role. And Mass-claims are allowed.

#3. Rules regarding PRIVATE CONVERSATIONS

Feel free to share copies of private messages (OTHER THAN ROLE PMs) however you want, via PMs, QTs, or in the public thread. You can take screenshots if you wish.

#4. we would like copies of your PMs. Conversations, planning, anything. Add Soulmaster and Maniacal Engineer to the list of recipients when sending a PM.

If you make a QuickTopic, please give the hosts the link. If you use a name other than your username, tell us what name you're using in the QT.

We will not intrude in your plans unless it's needed; this process is to make sure that we am aware of what's going on and what's being faked...and so that ME can pop in and troll people wherever and whenever he pleases.

#5. If you have any questions, feel free to PM us.

#6. If you change your username, mention the hosts in thread and say your old name and then your new one.

#7. For voting, say Vote: (username) in bold. To cancel that, just post Unvote: (username) and then post a new name if you want to. YOU MUST UNVOTE FOR A NEW VOTE TO COUNT.

You can vote "No lynch", but in a tie between lynching a player and not lynching, lynching will win. There will be only one lynch per day.

#8. About night actions, you can change the target, as long as it's before the phase update.
Some night actions will take effect upon the moment that the PM is read, so keep that in mind.

#9. UPDATES: Each phase will last for 48 hours.

All updates will occur at 9 pm to 10 pm CST. Check your timezones accordingly.

We will let you know if anything changes regarding the update time. Maniacal Engineer will be writing the flavor text, and, as per usual, he will try to have the update ready before his Sabbath, if possible, but otherwise, either I will post a bare bones update which will be updated when Maniacal Engineer comes back online or the update will be postponed until ME comes back.

Just a note; if there is no update after two hours passed since 10 pm CST, it will mean I could not come in to update, and in those cases, the phase will be extended. I will try to let you know prior to this happening as much as possible.

#10: Don't piss of the Secret Service. You really, really don't want to do that.

#11: This is meant to be a lighthearted and fun game. Please no political debates here. There are threads on this forum dedicated to that. This isn't one of them.

With that out of the way, I have just one more thing to say:
1hsgcn.jpg

List of Presidents:
1. Zexy
2. jdthebud
3. Rainbow Cloud - lynched D2: Bill Clinton, Mafia Roleblocker
4. Olive
5. TheCapsFan - killed N3: Ulysses Grant, Town Cop
6. Elementar - killed N2: James Madison, Town Tracker
7. jackatlasred - killed N3: Richard Nixon, Town Vote Thief
8. HumanDawn WolfOwl - subbed in D3 -killed N3: Teddy Roosevelt, Mafia Strongman
9. DarthWolf13
10. Max1996
11. Pikochu
12. Hellcrow - lynched D3: George Washington, Mafia Godfather

List of Vice Presidents:
1. Doctor Floptopus

Last edited by a moderator:
Allow me, then :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom