• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia US Presidents Mafia I - Endgame: President's Day 13/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe my failure as a first-time Mafia is very different, considering that, for me, it was in my 2nd Mafia game.
That and you actually didn't look that scummy. You just got cop checked so you did pretty good for a first time mafia.
not more than me
SAO mafia, remember?
I don't remember it actually.
There really isn't much you can do once you have a cop check against you, unless you claimed Miller beforehand. Claiming Miller as scum can be dangerous if there is an actual Miller in the game.
The strategy you did, CC-ing the Cop, is one that I employed in The 100 Mafia, which, ultimately, led to the outing of both Flavor Cops and the Doctor which helped my teammates, specifically @WolfOwl, salvage a win from a bad situation.
Ugh that crazy game. The roles were so insane that I'm still surprised I got away with a vanilla claim.

Wait, what? I myself revealed it after Elementar himself revealed it to me, after he used his Tracker on me during Night 1. I don't see any connection between that and the two Cop claims.

I falsely claimed to have cop-checked Elementar as town when I fake claimed Cop, which brought him under a bit of suspicion due to me most likely being scum. You revealed his role because of the fake cop check to see if it indicated whether what I was saying was true or false.

I'm sure ME could add you to the participants to see it's contents.

Congrats town, you played really well, I drew too much attention to myself on day 1, though I still wouldn't have publicly revealed my role in that situation even if I were town.

I'm sorry about putting so much pressure on you & stuff D8 I honestly think the best thing in your situation would have been to just claim miller and hope for the best, though what you did do wasn't bad, I still had that gut feeling. Idk. Others seem to disagree with me.

I'm sorry about putting so much pressure on you & stuff D8 I honestly think the best thing in your situation would have been to just claim miller and hope for the best, though what you did do wasn't bad, I still had that gut feeling. Idk. Others seem to disagree with me.
Would you have believed a Miller claim that late in the game, though?

He's talking about a situation where RC claimed before n1, I'd think.

Oh wow, I didn't expect the game have already ended. I was looking at this thread thinking that the game still went on :p

Anyways, good job to town. And I'm so sorry to the game for my absence. Last week was pretty much midterms week and there were multiple days where I had to take a really long detour which pretty much drained my energy. Hopefully my absence wasn't a hindrance to town in winning the game.

@Maniacal Engineer @Soulmaster

Something else I'd like to point out, would almost forget it:

The Sabbath-specific rule on phase end could be exploited. We tried getting jdthebud input his kill which would not only result in a favorable kill (nothing wrong with that) but would also extend the phase by 24 hours had jdthebud been able to do it on time as it would mean an extra kill in the FT ME couldn't have planned for (he wasn't), giving us more time to coordinate and getting the chance to ask other roles to input actions. It didn't matter in this case but the point still stands; you may want to rework that so that it can't be used as a free phase extension pass or even a makeshift check (think of "the vig supposedly input their kill but the phase was/wasn't extended so the kill worked/didn't work which could mean X role prevented the kill/Y player is town or mafia...")

@Maniacal Engineer @Soulmaster

Something else I'd like to point out, would almost forget it:

The Sabbath-specific rule on phase end could be exploited. We tried getting jdthebud input his kill which would not only result in a favorable kill (nothing wrong with that) but would also extend the phase by 24 hours had jdthebud been able to do it on time as it would mean an extra kill in the FT ME couldn't have planned for (he wasn't), giving us more time to coordinate and getting the chance to ask other roles to input actions. It didn't matter in this case but the point still stands; you may want to rework that so that it can't be used as a free phase extension pass or even a makeshift check (think of "the vig supposedly input their kill but the phase was/wasn't extended so the kill worked/didn't work which could mean X role prevented the kill/Y player is town or mafia...")
This is something that I hadn't even realized happened at first, as I was planning as normal (hint my confusion when you asked). All phases should end at the given time, with or without flavor text, unless both of us are out for whatever reason.

And there were also a few other things I personally noticed, but that's for something to be brought up with ME on hosting styles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom