• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Weird Moltres Ex / Articuno Ex error card

Matt_chiro

Reaction score
DSC_0172.JPG
Hi,

I am just after some info. I have an error card that makes no sense. It is labelled Moltres Ex, but has the artwork of Articuno Ex.

I have included a pic.

Can anyone tell me if it is rare? Idea of value of card? Or fake?

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 102031 Hi,

I am just after some info. I have an error card that makes no sense. It is labelled Moltres Ex, but has the artwork of Articuno Ex.

I have included a pic.

Can anyone tell me if it is rare? Idea of value of card? Or fake?

It's probably a fake, though you can take a picture of the back of the card to be sure.

Also, does it shine like normal holofoils should? If not, then it's definitely fake.

EDIT: Actually, confirmed fake. The real card should look like this (minus the PokéBeach in the illustration):
pokemon-single-card-b-w-plasma-storm-025-135-articuno-ex-team-plasma-p80651-82558_medium.jpg

Notice the different font that's used and differently colored star in the bottom right.

Last edited:
Thought that might be the case. Thanks so much for your help.

No wonder I couldn't find any info online.

EDIT: also missing the Pokebeach.com logo under the beak.

EDIT: also missing the Pokebeach.com logo under the beak.

That's not on the actual card, just added on by the website.

I miss the days when we had laughable fakes like this. Now it's all in the fine details. There are still a few ways in which fake card makers routinely screw up, though. Sometimes you can just tell they're using cheaper card stock.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom