• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rules Welcome to BulbaBlogs!! (Introduction + Rules)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
Welcome to our Blogs section! As I'm sure you've understood from the name, it's a very unique place in that you're essentially able to post about whatever you'd like to here, in contrast to the rest of our forums.

Want to make a blog about the kinds of tea you like? Here's the right place! Want to make a blog about reviewing stuff? You can do that here, too!

Simply put, our BulbaBlogs have been a very big part of our forums for quite a long while, and in that long while many users have made them host to their own spaces, so to speak. There's really no limit to what you can do in a blog here — any topic is completely fine, of course as long as it's within our rules.

Because of the flexibility of this section, users can create their own rules for their own blogs if they think it's necessary to do so, but please note that we do have some BulbaBlogs-specific rules to look out for as well.
  • Having multiple blogs at once is fine! All we ask is that you don't create new threads for each new blogpost, because that oftentimes has the propensity to bury others' blogs.
  • Be mindful of the purpose of other blogs! Especially with more personal diary-style blogs, creators of blogs may oftentimes prefer for only those close to them to reply due to the personal nature of the discussions taking place. This isn't a steadfast rule, but we urge you to think about where you're posting and why, before you do so in personal blogs.
    • If you don't want anyone other than yourself replying to your blog, just add the 'Closed' prefix to the title.
Advertising personal projects is permitted in BulbaBlogs, but please keep in mind these points:
  • Keep project advertisment confined to only BulbaBlogs! Even if it's Pokémon-related and you may think it would fit better in a Pokémon section, please keep everything to only this section — we'd like to keep advertising and discussion separate.
  • Don't advertise anything involving monetary transactions! We'd like to protect our users from any unsavory business practices or being taken advantage of, so please don't advertise anything involving monetary transactions — this includes donations and virtual currency, too.
  • Please use the forums in other ways, not just to advertise! Basically, as long as you're not only posting about your project, you'll be completely fine. Our forums are first and foremost, meant to be a place to connect with others in the community as opposed to simply being an advertising board. Besides, you might really enjoy the community here by branching out, too — there's an upside to this as well.

If you're ever in the need for some... support and/or advice instead of simply a space to vent (like some do in personal blogs here), our Support & Advice forum is a great place to go.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our BulbaBlogs moderators! We currently have myself (@lisianthus), @Lillie and @Aulos helping out here.

Thank you for reading, and please enjoy all that BulbaBlogs has to offer!

Last edited:
This is going to sound like an excessively stupid question considering I don't even post in that section but how do the revised BulbaBlogs advertising rules interact with the Writer's Workshop advertising rules?
  • Keep project advertisment confined to only BulbaBlogs! Even if it's Pokémon-related and you may think it would fit better in a Pokémon section, please keep everything to only this section — we'd like to keep advertising and discussion separate.

4) Advertising
Users may link to work posted on other sites, but should include a preview (of prologue/chapter length) in the thread. Full stories posted here tend to get more attention, however!
  • Advertising your work in other users' threads and/or through private messages is not allowed. Bringing up your own work as part of a thoughtful discussion is not considered advertising.
  • The Fic Advertisement Thread and your signature are the only appropriate locations to advertise your work.
  • Paid commission details are not allowed here, nor are off-site links to paid commission details.
Does this create an either/or situation where you can only post fic advertisements in either the Fic Advertisement Thread or in the BulbaBlogs section, but not both? Does it mean fan fiction advertising doesn't belong in Bulbablogs? Are you allowed to post a chapter in the workshop and a related post in a blog one after the other or would that indirectly trip the "don't create new threads for each new blogpost" rule? Am I overthinking rules that aren't even relevant to me? (Yes to that last question.)

• Staff
This is going to sound like an excessively stupid question considering I don't even post in that section but how do the revised BulbaBlogs advertising rules interact with the Writer's Workshop advertising rules?
[...]
'Advertising' in the context of Writer's Workshop and in our Blogs section is different, yes! Great catch, though — we're planning on changing our wording up in our WW rules thread up a little to eliminate that difference, so stay tuned!
I do have a question, actually: what happened to the old thread that was stickied here? Is this just a new version of that one?
That's correct! If you're interested in looking at our old rules for whatever reason, you can do that here.

I have a question and I’m not sure where to put it. Is it possible for two people to co host a blog? I wanna make one for my fangame, but I think Mudkipz is just about as involved in this as I am, so I don’t think it’s fair to her if I make a blog about it all on my own. I think if I put both our names in the title and we both post it would work? Is this allowed?

• Staff
I have a question and I’m not sure where to put it. Is it possible for two people to co host a blog? I wanna make one for my fangame, but I think Mudkipz is just about as involved in this as I am, so I don’t think it’s fair to her if I make a blog about it all on my own. I think if I put both our names in the title and we both post it would work? Is this allowed?
Of course! There'll always be one person who's going to be noted in the system as the thread creator, but there's no issue with you sharing it with someone at all!

and I have another question. If I made a blog to partner with the webcomic I’m going to write (mainly because it’s not the same continuity as my pokeverse and don’t really want those two getting messed up)

Mudkipz would probably add to it too, and the webcomic will be on the art forum. Is this allowed (am I allowed to have three blogs technically??)

• Staff
Back
Top Bottom