• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your expectations for Team Rocket?

PTOldMan

Reaction score
How do you think they will be handled?
Is there any chance of them keeping Gourgeist and Inkay?
Do you think Bewear and Mimikyu are their future Pokémon? If so, which one will Jessie and James capture?

Do you expect Giovanni to have a more active role again?

Are we going to see the return of some classic gags? XY brought some of them back (such as Meowth filling in one of them for the motto, the twerps imitating them, TR imitating the twerps, a motto song...), but there are some that haven't been seen for a while (Cassidy and Butch, the classic "Meowth falls in love" episode, Delibird...).

Not a personal fan of the Team Rocket trio. But if they can make them more menacing with successful plots would make the story interesting.

Heck they could even enroll as students and try to pass as youngsters or whatever. They could be the class bullies. Lol

Expectations:

- I expect them to develop a frenemy relationship with Team Skull, some sort of rivalry.
- I expect them to help defeat the Aether Foundation (if they are indeed the true bad guys) together with Team Skull.

Other than that I don't expect anything. It would be neat if Jessie or James got some sort of storyline but I'm not holding my breath.

They're probably going to be more of what we saw in XY. Their pose in the artwork makes them look like some combo of menacing/doofy and both shots we've seen of them in-show have been goofy so it definitely won't be like BW. I wouldn't count on an expanded Giovanni role because he was barely in XY even though they redesigned him specifically for that series. We'll probably get a few character-centric episodes with them and a few episodes where they team up with Ash + friends. I'm 50/50 on them using either the Kanto motto or a new one, they might use the Kanto one with the Kalos music for the first episode or two before switching to a new one like they did in DP. Mimikyu and Bewear are almost definitely going to be their new Pokemon-- they were both next to them on the poster and each scene we've seen TR in has involved those Pokemon. Plus Mimikyu is just a painfully obvious choice for TR and if they don't catch it I'll be baffled (or I could see a Snubbull-type situation where it follows them around). Team Skull being around early makes me think they'll have a rivalry with them, especially since they both seem to be so comedy-reliefish.

As for hopes/dreams-- I want Gourgeist and Inkay to stick around, even as their "secondary" Pokemon. There's no reason to drop them and they each have had 2 Pokemon in every other region before Kalos. I hope with this new animation style seemingly focusing more on the animation itself that they won't rely on stock motto animation as much. I hope the motto music is a remix of the Kanto one again though tbh I'd also be fine if they just stuck with the Kalos one (that one never really got a time to shine since they'd only play the same part each episode). Cassidy/Butch returning would be a nice treat as would more references to the TRio's backstories.

My expectations are low but, in addition to what's already been stated, I hope for the return of teary goodbyes. Why not keep Maaiika and Pumpjin around for a bit and then give them emotional departures during the saga? Arbok/Matadogas, Chirean, Sabonea and Dokucale's releases are commonly regarded as some of the best episodes in the franchise.

I'd like to see them like in the OS and XY where they walked the middle ground, but considering the tone of the previews and them in the poster, I'm guessing they'll go back to being more comical with Team Skull and the Aether Foundation being the real antagonists.

I just hope they don't pop up in episodes they have no place in again like in AG and DP...

I hope James gets Mimikyu and at some point an Alolan Exeggutor. I can see that thing totally driving him insane. Jessie with Wobbuffet, Bewear and maybe a Salandit? I think Salandit fits her really well. Not sure what will happen with Inkay and Gourgeist, but I imagine they will not be sticking around for long or get left at HQ.

I would find it funny if they Team Rocket was fighting over a master ball they found in a cave and James accidentally sent it tumbling down a narrow tunnel that opens up into a cave and the master ball gets launched into the sky by a geyser where it smacks Reshiram in the face and catches it and the master ball with Reshiram inside lands on Jessie's head. Team Rocket starts planning to take over the world with it. Meanwhile, Dr. Zager finishes two projects: Metaleon, an Eevee with a superpowered steel suit, and Mewthree, a Dark-Psychic type created from the DNA of Mewtwo and Snorlax. Mewthree was the only pokemon to possess the ability to use Prison Sphere, Gravity Pulse, Tera Drain, and Nova.

Prison Sphere is like a master ball generated by a pokemon, except it moves as fast as a Snorlax slowed by Dialga, but it works on Pokemon and Humans

Gravity Pulse pulls the enemy in with extreme strength, even Lugia would have trouble escaping it.

Tera Drain is a much more powerful version of Giga Drain, except it takes the pokemon a week to recover, and that's if the trainer applies a revive every 30 minutes. It normally takes a decade to recover. Stay Far Away, Pikachu.

Nova is a powerful Fire-type move that can level a city in one blow. Jessie, James, and Meowth would try to launch a Nova into the ceiling of Mt. Moon create a shower of flaming rock that would level Kanto in an hour.

Here's the most serious part of the post: I hope Jessie gets a misbehaving Carbink that she is always trying to make evolve.

I hope James ends up with a Skorupi that he, after five attempts at stealing an evolution stone, gets to evolve into Drapion.

XY had barely any boss fantasies, but the crossdressing Serena episode had one and it was written by Aya Matsui, who's now the head writer. So hopefully boss fantasies make a comeback.

I would find it funny if they Team Rocket was fighting over a master ball they found in a cave and James accidentally sent it tumbling down a narrow tunnel that opens up into a cave and the master ball gets launched into the sky by a geyser where it smacks Reshiram in the face and catches it and the master ball with Reshiram inside lands on Jessie's head. Team Rocket starts planning to take over the world with it. Meanwhile, Dr. Zager finishes two projects: Metaleon, an Eevee with a superpowered steel suit, and Mewthree, a Dark-Psychic type created from the DNA of Mewtwo and Snorlax. Mewthree was the only pokemon to possess the ability to use Prison Sphere, Sense Control, Gravity Pulse, Tera Drain, and Nova.

Prison Sphere is like a master ball generated by a pokemon, except it moves as fast as a Snorlax slowed by Dialga, but it works on Pokemon and Humans

Sense Control can only be activated by direct eye contact. It gives Mewthree complete control over what the victim sees and feels.
It also activates Team Rocket's old shocking machine they used to guard the Viridian Gym, like all other moves.

Gravity Pulse pulls the enemy in with extreme strength, even Lugia would have trouble escaping it.

Tera Drain is a much more powerful version of Giga Drain, except it takes the pokemon a week to recover, and that's if the trainer applies a revive every 30 minutes. It normally takes a decade to recover. Stay Far Away, Pikachu.

Nova is a powerful Fire-type move that can level a city in one blow. Jessie, James, and Meowth would try to launch a Nova into the ceiling of Mt. Moon create a shower of flaming rock that would level Kanto in an hour.

Here's the most serious part of the post: I hope Jessie gets a misbehaving Carbink that she is always trying to make evolve.

I hope James ends up with a Skorupi that he, after five attempts at stealing an evolution stone, gets to evolve into Drapion.

I think I should fill out the move pool Mewthree would theoretically have available, no matter how many moves would be totally irrelevant to the topic

Confusion
Psycho Cut
Future Sight
Psystrike (Relevant)
Recover (Relevant)
Psybeam
Psywave
Psychic
Aura Sphere (Relevant)
Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Overheat
Flamethrower
Fire blast
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Electro Ball
Shadow Ball
Cross Chop
Focus Blast
Dark Void
Dream Eater
Poison Jab

I think they will have one Pokémon ash has[somit like togedamaru for a while then changes it for a wait for it a gumshoos! the greedy Pokémon I know your all thinking im mado_O but he is the Pokémon that wants to take over the world and who else .... Jessie and James[and meowth]:sneaky:

i
I hope James gets Mimikyu and at some point an Alolan Exeggutor. I can see that thing totally driving him insane. Jessie with Wobbuffet, Bewear and maybe a Salandit? I think Salandit fits her really well. Not sure what will happen with Inkay and Gourgeist, but I imagine they will not be sticking around for long or get left at HQ.
think gumshoos would be good as well[or a togedamaru]

So, expectations met? How do we all feel now that they have joined us in the flesh?

Personally, I am happiest that Nyasu has finally become a fully-fledged character once again. I thought he was wasted in XY, barely speaking or showing any personality. Plus points for his equally long and elaborate self-inflation in the motto and nice exposition of his and Sonansu's pally relationship.

I'm also surprised and delighted that Mimikyu is no sensitive, shrinking violet but a bitter little shit. Suits the team perfectly!

So, expectations met? How do we all feel now that they have joined us in the flesh?

Personally, I am happiest that Nyasu has finally become a fully-fledged character once again. I thought he was wasted in XY, barely speaking or showing any personality. Plus points for his equally long and elaborate self-inflation in the motto and nice exposition of his and Sonansu's pally relationship.

I'm also surprised and delighted that Mimikyu is no sensitive, shrinking violet but a bitter little shit. Suits the team perfectly!
Yeah I actually like Team Rocket's appearence in Sun & Moon so far. Like I said though, I'm just hoping TPCI can actually make Team Rocket funny again when it comes to the dub's dialouge.

The only way TPCi will ever have a halfway-decent Team Rocket is if they fire Jimmy Zoppi instantly. I've heard he's the reason why their dialogue is the way it is, and his portrayal of Meowth is still, after all these years, the only one from the VA switch that I still can't get on-board with.

Anyways, I like what I'm seeing so far! Their designs are better when actually animated (still don't like James' hair), their new motto music is nice, and I'm interested in their new Pokemon. Still bummed out about the supposed stock motto animation being in every episode and their new motto is weird, but all in all pretty solid!

Holy crap, did they actually reference Meowth wanting to be the top cat? Have they even mentioned that since Kanto? Nothing about Inkay and Gourgeist though. :cry: I wonder how much that's a reflection of Game Freak hyping Gen 1 over every other past gen.

The redesign hit J&J harder than Ash, that's gonna take some getting used to. Jessie's hair looks more red, more Kanto throwback?

Not a boss fantasy but we got a waifumon fantasy, hahaha.

Their new speech animation is EFFING BEAUTIFUL.

I liked the subtle moment during that conversation where Kojirou was putting forward a positive spin on it and Musashi was not terribly happy.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom