• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your favorite Ash pokemon?

Your favourite Pokémon of Ash's?

• Pikachu

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Butterfree

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Pigeot

• Bulbasaur

• Charizard

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Muk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tauros

• Primeape

• Kingler

• Snorlax

• Lapras

• Bayleef

• Quilava

• Totodile

• Noctowl

• Heracross

• Donphan

• Swellow

• Sceptile

• Corphish

• Torkoal

• Glalie

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Ambipom

• Staraptor

• Torterra

• Infernape

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Buizel

• Gliscor

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Gible

• Unfezant

• Oshawott

• Pignite

• Snivy

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Scraggy

• Leavanny

• Palpitoad

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Boldore

• Krokorok

• Total voters

pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132
Reaction score
As title says im interested in hearing what are people most liked pokemon from Ash?
As we know he collected big number of various types over course of his journey with some having better success than others, so i decided to make thread where people could express their preference toward some of his pokemon and provide explanation behind this.

Ill start myself:
-Charizard: it is possibly his strongest pokemon along with Pikachu being definitely one of powerhouses which brought to his trainer many victories. I liked his rebellious and hothead attitude too being usually very entertaining and it was nice to see his evolution over the course of series restoring thrust to Ash as trainer with trip to Charicific valley blessing him with soul mate and opportunity to grow stronger than ever before training with other comrades of its own specie. Which was showed to be right move later in Johto league and in BF defeating Articuno.

-Snorlax:i always liked Snorlax and i grew to like that guy. He can be gluttonous and tends to often take a nap, but he is formidable force to deal with being heaviest pokemon Ash acquired so far. Im also impressed by incredible resistance wearing several opponents down by this strategy such as Clair Kingdra or Greta Medicham.

-Sceptile: probably my favorite grass type Ash has, being very agile and fast against opponent. I liked growth through which he went as Treecko being one of strongest Ash Hoenn pokemon and his leaf blade is his most signature move imo.

-Oshawott:eek:ne of most entertaining starters Ash ever had imo. I like his quirks and endeavor to receive most attention often suggesting Ash to take care of something by himself. His affection toward Meloetta is fun to watch and rivalry he developed with Dawn Piplup. One of most unique things about him is scalp which he use to defend himself from electric attacks, something which fascinated me.

-Lapras:even though it was released i always had soft spot for this pokemon. Ever since Ash caught him as baby being separated from his family i started to like him, being of great help to carry Ash and co over sea when they were traveling through Orange Islands. He had some great moments from winning race against Cissy Blastoise in gym challenge to being able to score draw with Drake Gengar in Orange championship.

It was especially moving when he made return in "Lapras of Luxury"during Johto showing long way he came since childhood days. He became strong adult and leader of its herd being sad to see leaving Ash forever.

Last edited:
Super Special Awesome Charizard always rules in my book, but Infernape was also badass, and with wonderful character development from his days as an abused Chimchar to healing and growing with Our Man Ash.

I would say Sceptile, Charizard and Scraggy.

Just as a reminder, all choices must be explained. You can't simply list your choices as that would be redundant - there's a poll for a reason.

Just as a reminder, all choices must be explained. You can't simply list your choices as that would be redundant - there's a poll for a reason.

How can I vote to a poll?

Infernape, i literally have a fangasm everytime i see ash's infernape :p

I honestly have to say Butterfree. Though Butterfree isn't one of my favorite Pokémon, there's something about Ash's that is just awesome.

His Snivy is ridiculously chilled. Some of his other things tend to follow of on sad and corny character development lines.

I voted for Charizard, I loved the development in it, plus it has made a couple of returns to ash in the series which is more than what can be said for many of his released pokemon.

Charizard in M3 was a classic moment, I loved how it rescued ash :)

Not sure I understand why Ambipom, which wasn't Ash's while it was an Ambipom, is in this poll and not Dawn's. Especially when Ash also has Buizel in this.

Anyway, I pick Sceptile as my over all favorite because of its attitude. And I love the Treecko line <3 I squeed so loud when he use it against Tobias.

Actually I don't know why but I have an obsession with Palpitoad. He appears so little that his appearances cause me hyperventilation. I wish he could appear more often and not in battles only. Also I like Snivy and Krokorok :)

Talking about the old ones, I adore Totodile (so restless) Gliscor (so comic, cute and nearly a victim of emotional bashing), Glalie (never lost a battle as Glalie) and Sceptile because .... well, it's Sceptile!

I chose Tauros just because they are so aewsome. I always loved when Ash caught certain Pokemon and the ones that I wanted him to use were the ones that he never used (Tauros, Muk, Kingler). I think that he really could've switched up his team a BIT more. I understand that there was a lot of character development that went into some of the Pokemon, but come on man...

uberchu, sceptile , infernape and oshawott, those are my favorites

Snivy and Oshawott. Opposites of sorts, but each funny and comical in their own way. His Snivy just has so much sass that I can't even, and Oshawott is...well, Oshawott.

Infernape, Squirtle, Sceptile, Corpish, Bulbasaur, Swellow and Snivy.

The rat.

I knew over rated Charizard and over rated Snivy would be leading the poll though~

I knew over rated Charizard and over rated Snivy would be leading the poll though~

I don't really see what's so "overrated" about Charizard, it has a distinct personality and is one of Ash's better developed Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom