• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your favorite types and what do you like about them?

What are your favorite types?

• Grass

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Water

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Fire

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Electric

• Normal

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Fairy

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Fighting

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Dark

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Psychic

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Ghost

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Bug

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Flying

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Ground

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Rock

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Steel

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Poison

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Ice

• Total voters

Eggseggseggseggs

Eggseggs Eggseggs
Reaction score
It's only after coming to this website that I have been able to say what my favorite types are. I've been asked what my fav is before but I couldn't think of anything, but recently I've done a lot of thinking about certain types and how much I like them.

Now I'm wondering what everyone else's fave types are and why they like them. What are all the types that you like the most?

For me. From fave to least fave I like Fighting, Dragon, Dark, Ghost, Poison, and Fairy.

I like fighting for the same reason I prefer weapons like Fists and Hammers in other rpgs, and brawler classes. I really like the idea of brute force fighting and blunt force attacks (especially fist fighting) and I also like it for the amount of power they tend to pack. I'd probably say one of my favorite moves is close combat. My favorite Pokemon Lucario is also Fighting.

My other very close second fav is Dragon. I like lizards, I like wild and powerful fierce beasts that tear things apart, and once again I like power, so Dragons and Outrage are two of my fav types and moves.

For Dark I love the part of it that has to do with things commonly seen as shifty/morally crooked like lying and stealing. Dark is actually my fav type for flavor up there with Fighting and above Dragon, and I love the Ghost type for their creepiness and large amount of fucked up backstory that sometimes makes them hard to be called anything but evil, and I love Poison types and how some of them constantly seep toxic fluids and because of the connection to gross, smelly waste and pollutants, and finally I like fairys a lot cause I just like cutesy shit.

Last edited:
Dragon and Steel are my favourites. I also like fire, water and electric.

Fairy, Steel and Dark. Most of the Fairies aren't that good IMO, but I love Sylveon, Primarina, Mimikyu, Gardevoir, Togekiss and Klefki. As for Steel, my favorite Pokemon of all time is a Steel-type - Scizor. And as for Dark, you got my favorite Water and Fire starters, Greninja and Incineroar.

Last edited:
Dark is my favorite. It's got a diverse selection of Pokémon, and is just fantastic when it comes to offense. The designs for the type are often very wild and unpredictable, which I think is exciting. I love how so many of them strike a balance between sleekness or coolness and ferocity, and the darker color schemes tend to look very good. But I also really like Bug, Grass, Ground, Flying (definitely this, since I love birds), Fighting, and Ghost. All of those groups contain decent shares of my favorite Pokémon or Pokémon that I find interesting, and again, they're all very diverse.

Last edited:
Grass and Ice.

Grass because I love the grass type Pokemon in general and I love the color green. There's just something about the grass types that draws me to then. And I like Ice because I love winter and cold weather in general and ice just looks so damn cool.

Ghost, then Fairy in second.

My liking for the Ghost type basically started with Gengar and grew on from there when I looked more at the type in general. Meanwhile, Togekiss's retyping and the Fairy type's highly useful resistances, in addition to my own interest in fairies, got me into those dragon slayers.

Dark, ghost, and psychic. I just think they're cool. :D

Dark is my favorite, due to the fact that I prefer darker aesthetics, and the majority of the Pokémon of that type have very good designs. I also like Ice, for its Glass Cannon nature and the appeal of being the "underdog" type.

Water/ice, because Lapras is my favorite Pokemon and it is a water/ice type. Dragon and psychic, because Latias is my second favorite Pokemon and it's a dragon/psychic type. Electric, because there are several cute electric-type Pokemon, especially Pikachu and the Pikachu knock-offs.

Ghost, Ice and Bug are my favorites because I think they tend to have the most interesting pokemon. Unfortunately they're not always the easiest to work with though. The types I actually end up using most consistently are Flying, Electric, Psychic and some others, mostly because of availability, but I'm always trying to include at least one of my three favorites.

Grass, Dark, Ice, and Fighting are my favs :D

Don't really have a good explanation for it, except that I just like a lot of Pokémon and moves with those types.

FIRE has always been my favorite, with Electric being my original #2 before Fairy came in and rekd me with so many cute mons!

Electric made it up there because Raichu is my favorite Pokemon, but I've always wanted to have Fire powers IRL, so I lean towards it in video games~ X3

Electric/Fairy/Psychic
My favorite Pokemon if each region except Hoenn and Sinnoh tends to be Electric types and Gardevoir and Jolteon are my favorite of all time

Dragon and Water has always been my two favorite types, and I think ever since Gen V Electric has risen up to be up there as well.

I think Water types appeal to me because I've always loved water levels in video games; swimming and playing around in it has always been super fun to me, and this translated to real life too.. well, partly anyway. Rivers, waterfalls, seas, rain.. I think it's all beautiful and amazing, but ironically I have a fear of drowning and deep waters in real life make me scared. I think video games lets me live in a world where I can dive deep down into the unknown yet I'm still completely safe, Idk. But yeah, water is awesome, and it's a pretty good type too.

Dragons has also been with me my whole life, I've been a fan of fantasy and mythical creatures ever since I can remember, so naturally Dov Pokes speak to me. Plus they're strong and strength is always cool.

At last, Electric types because lightning is awesome, and it feels good paralyzing your opponents and driving them insane. OHOHOHOOH.

Last edited:
I like them all, especially when they add something like immunity to prankster for dark types that are immune to psyhic types. (untrapping ghosts)

Now ice and bug would need something similar (maybe ice or should be immune to draining moves???)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom