• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What are your ideas if you had to make a Legends game?

DigitalGen6

Amid the snow falling down in flakes from the sky
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
If so, I have an idea for one (I know GameFreak doesn’t accept “outsiders” ideas, I emailed them about it and they said they don’t take ideas from outside sources, so I’d have to wait to give them my idea until after I get a job there, IF I get a job there)

So here’s my take:
Name: Pokémon Legends Zygarde (we didn’t get Z so this is likely compensation)

Storyline:
First, there’s the lore behind Xerneas and Yveltal along with Zygarde, the Great Kalos War, AZ, his Floette, the Ultimate Weapon, etc. etc.
Basically you have to keep the balance and try to prevent the Great Kalos War (working plot)
3,000 years ago, there were two Poké

There’s ancestors of several people from Kalos and possibly more regions (MCs are ancestors of Calem and Serena and aged up to 18)
There’s also these clans (wanted to do a thing similar to LA): Natura Clan and Flare Clan
Natura Clan is the good guys and their mission is also to protect the balance and prevent the war
Flare Clan is the bad guys and their mission is to recreate the world where only “beautiful people and Pokémon” can survive and the people they deem “worthless” don’t exist

Starters:
Snivy (final evolution types: Grass/Fairy; this is based on French Royalty and the Wyvern)
Scorbunny (final evolution types: Fire/Steel; this is based on French Soldiers)
Piplup (final evolution types: Water/Fighting; this is based on War Generals and the military)

You can also get AZ’s Floette in this game but it leaves your team and dies later in the game, and AZ’s Ultimate Weapon is in the game (as I have mentioned before), Magearna is in it (finally, it’s in a Kalos game and not Alola, I bet some were mad about it being in Gen 7 and not Gen 6 like Ash-Greninja), Kalos starters (not the main starters obviously), two new Eeveelutions and returning Furfrou trims (plus more)

Currently no artwork has been made for it yet and likely never will since I’m lazy :(

Last edited:
Can't believe I missed this thread.

Anyway, I think the next one we'll get (if there is a next one) is Legends Kyurem which takes place during the time of the two heroes. The game will have you take the role of one of the two heroes, with you selecting which side of the conflict you support in story and your brother taking the opposite side, and the two armies fighting with each other throughout the story.

Unlike LA, this game will be fully open world like SV. The game will be divided into several subregions (Central Unova which takes place around the Castelia/Nimbasa area, West Unova which takes place around the Driftveil/Mistralton/Icirrus area, East Unova which takes place around the Lacunosa/Undella/Humilau/Black City/White Forest area, North Unova which takes place around the Opelucid area and the future site of the Pokemon League, Southeast Unova which takes place around the Nuvella/Accummula/Striaton/Nacrene areas, and Southwest Unova which takes place around the Aspertia/Floccessy/Virbank area). You can visit each subregion in any order you want and there will be various confrontations with the opposite army there.

Dex wise, the Unova Dex (or whatever they would call this region if it's not known as Unova in this time) would include BW2's 300 + 100 more for a total of 400. The starters would be Chespin, Charmander, and Sobble. Can't think of detailed ideas for the variants, but maybe typings could be Grass/Steel, Fire/Poison, and Water/Dark? Some other variants/evolutions could include the following:

Unovan Shellder (Water/Steel) -> Unovan Cloyster (Water/Steel)
Unovan Onix (Ice/Rock) -> Unovan Steelix (Ice/Steel)
Sunkern -> Sunflora (now retconned to evolve via level up) -> Sunflara (Grass/Fire)
Feebas -> Unovan Milotic (Water/Dragon)
Starly -> Staravia -> Unovan Staraptor (Fighting/Flying)
Clauncher -> Unovan Clawitzer (Water/Rock)
Unovan Jangmo-o (Dragon) -> Unovan Hakommo-o (Dragon/Rock) -> Unovan Kommo-o (Dragon/Rock)

So in total, the following Pokemon will be added to the Unova Dex:

Unovan Forms (21 total):
Chepsin
Quilladin
Unovan Chestnaught
Charmander
Charmeleon
Unovan Charizard
Sobble
Drizzile
Unovan Inteleon
Unovan Shellder
Unovan Cloyster
Feebas
Unovan Milotic
Starly
Staravia
Unovan Staraptor
Clauncher
Unovan Clawitzer
Unovan Jangmo-o
Unovan Hakomo-o
Unovan Kommo-o

Cross gen Pokemon (9 total):
Sunflara
Sylveon
Cursola
Runerigus
Sneasler
Basculegion
Dudunsparce
Kingambit
Enamorous

Other Pokemon added (70 total):
Farfetch/Sirfetch'd
Scyther/Scizor
Natu/Xatu
Sableye
Mawile
Meditite/Medicham
Kricketot/Kricketune
Spiritomb
Skiddo/Gogoat
Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
Hawlucha
Klefki
Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist
Rockruff/Lycanroc
Mareanie/Toxapex
Mudbray/Mudsdale
Fomantis/Lurantis
Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena
Sandygast/Palossand
Rookidee/Corvisquire/Corviknight
Rolycoly/Carkoal/Coalossal
Milcery/Alcremie
Applin/Flapple/Appletun
Sinistea/Polteageist
Falinks
Stonjourner
Indeedee
Dreepy/Drakloak/Dragapault
Fidough/Dachsbun
Nacli/Naclstack/Garganacl
Chacadet/Armarouge/Ceruledge
Tinkatink/Tinkatuff/Tinkaton
Finizen/Palafin
Orthworm
Greavard/Houndstone

Futuristic Pokemon and variant Pokemon can be obtained in a trade from an NPC from Hisui, who found them from a spacetime distortion. The following Pokemon can be obtained in this manner:

Hisuian Lilligant
Hisuian Zorua
Hisuian Braviary
Hisuian Basculin
Hisuian Sneasel
Kantonian Shellder
Hoennian Milotic
Sinnohan Staraptor
Kalosian Clawitzer
Alolan Jangmo-o
Galarian Corsola
Galarian Yamask
Magnemite
Tirtouga
Archen
Timburr
Trubbish
Scraggy
Klink
Castform
Beldum

Last edited:
Your ideas are so good! I came up with an idea for Legends Kyurem (similar to yours) which was originally gonna be in the starting post, but then I decided to use Legends Zygarde instead since I thought it’d make more sense.
Anyway, I think the next one we'll get (if there is a next one) is Legends Kyurem which takes place during the time of the two heroes. The game will have you take the role of one of the two heroes, with you selecting which side of the conflict you support in story and your brother taking the opposite side, and the two armies fighting with each other throughout the story.
That’s cool!
Unlike LA, this game will be fully open world like SV. The game will be divided into several subregions (Central Unova which takes place around the Castelia/Nimbasa area, West Unova which takes place around the Driftveil/Mistralton/Icirrus area, East Unova which takes place around the Lacunosa/Undella/Humilau/Black City/White Forest area, North Unova which takes place around the Opelucid area and the future site of the Pokemon League, Southeast Unova which takes place around the Nuvella/Accummula/Striaton/Nacrene areas, and Southwest Unova which takes place around the Aspertia/Floccessy/Virbank area). You can visit each subregion in any order you want and there will be various confrontations with the opposite army there.
I really like this.
Dex wise, the Unova Dex (or whatever they would call this region if it's not known as Unova in this time) would include BW2's 300 + 100 more for a total of 400. The starters would be Chespin, Charmander, and Sobble. Can't think of detailed ideas for the variants, but maybe typings could be Grass/Steel, Fire/Poison, and Water/Dark?
I like these a lot. The ones I came up with were Sceptile (Grass/Steel), Delphox (Fire/Steel), and Blastoise (Water/Steel), all based on militia roles.
Some other variants/evolutions could include the following:
Unovan Shellder (Water/Steel) -> Unovan Cloyster (Water/Steel)
Unovan Onix (Ice/Rock) -> Unovan Steelix (Ice/Steel)
Sunkern -> Sunflora (now retconned to evolve via level up) -> Sunflara (Grass/Fire)
Feebas -> Unovan Milotic (Water/Dragon)
Starly -> Staravia -> Unovan Staraptor (Fighting/Flying)
Clauncher -> Unovan Clawitzer (Water/Rock)
Unovan Jangmo-o (Dragon) -> Unovan Hakommo-o (Dragon/Rock) -> Unovan Kommo-o (Dragon/Rock)

So in total, the following Pokemon will be added to the Unova Dex:

Unovan Forms (21 total):
Chepsin
Quilladin
Unovan Chestnaught
Charmander
Charmeleon
Unovan Charizard
Sobble
Drizzile
Unovan Inteleon
Unovan Shellder
Unovan Cloyster
Feebas
Unovan Milotic
Starly
Staravia
Unovan Staraptor
Clauncher
Unovan Clawitzer
Unovan Jangmo-o
Unovan Hakomo-o
Unovan Kommo-o

Cross gen Pokemon (9 total):
Sunflara
Sylveon
Cursola
Runerigus
Sneasler
Basculegion
Dudunsparce
Kingambit
Enamorous

Other Pokemon added (70 total):
Farfetch/Sirfetch'd
Scyther/Scizor
Natu/Xatu
Sableye
Mawile
Meditite/Medicham
Kricketot/Kricketune
Spiritomb
Skiddo/Gogoat
Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash
Hawlucha
Klefki
Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist
Rockruff/Lycanroc
Mareanie/Toxapex
Mudbray/Mudsdale
Fomantis/Lurantis
Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena
Sandygast/Palossand
Rookidee/Corvisquire/Corviknight
Rolycoly/Carkoal/Coalossal
Milcery/Alcremie
Applin/Flapple/Appletun
Sinistea/Polteageist
Falinks
Stonjourner
Indeedee
Dreepy/Drakloak/Dragapault
Fidough/Dachsbun
Nacli/Naclstack/Garganacl
Chacadet/Armarouge/Ceruledge
Tinkatink/Tinkatuff/Tinkaton
Finizen/Palafin
Orthworm
Greavard/Houndstone

Futuristic Pokemon and variant Pokemon can be obtained in a trade from an NPC from Hisui, who found them from a spacetime distortion. The following Pokemon can be obtained in this manner:

Hisuian Lilligant
Hisuian Zorua
Hisuian Braviary
Hisuian Basculin
Hisuian Sneasel
Kantonian Shellder
Hoennian Milotic
Sinnohan Staraptor
Kalosian Clawitzer
Alolan Jangmo-o
Galarian Corsola
Galarian Yamask
Magnemite
Tirtouga
Archen
Timburr
Trubbish
Scraggy
Klink
Castform
Beldum
That sounds great! Any ideas for ancestors? The ideas I came up with were:
  • Protagonists
    • Oliver (Ancestor: Nate)
    • Sara (Ancestor: Rosa)
  • People of Vale
    • Prince Magnus of Vale (Ancestor: Hilbert), the younger twin, seeks the truth
    • Prince Harmen of Vale (Ancestor: N, Ghetsis), the older twin, seeks ideals
    • King Denryu of Vale (Ancestor: Drayden)
  • Team Black Warriors (fighting for truth)
    • Matilda (Ancestor: Hilda)
    • Element Brothers:
      • Lantro (Ancestor: Cilan; middle, leader)
      • Pepper (Ancestor: Chili, oldest)
      • Corbin (Ancestor: Cress youngest)
    • Elsie (Ancestor: Elesa)
    • Konya (Ancestor: Clay)
    • Kori (Ancestor: Brycen)
    • Ren (Ancestor: Cheren)
    • Kimi (Ancestor: Shauntal)
    • Keda (Ancestor: Alder)
    • Nobo (Ancestor: Ingo)
    • Elena (Ancestor: Concordia)
  • Team White Warriors (fighting for ideals).
    • Lore (Ancestor: Lenora)
    • Yatra (Ancestor: Burgh)
    • Risa (Ancestor: Iris)
    • Shizu (Ancestor: Marlon)
    • Bella (Ancestor: Bianca)
    • Mika (Ancestor: Roxie)
    • Buren (Ancestor: Marshal)
    • Leia (Ancestor: Caitlin)
    • Migi (Ancestor: Grimsley)
    • Hora (Ancestor: Skyla)
    • Kuda (Ancestor: Emmet)
    • Bena (Ancestor: Anthea)
I had no ideas for any more regional variants or anything else lol.

tl:dr

1690471700910.png

The king is vanquished, his noble companion fled to the wilds. In their pride his twin daughters, the princesses, bicker among themselves for the glory of being able to avenge their father single-handedly. Meanwhile, Eternatus rampages through the skies unchecked and Dynamax Pokémon threaten to crush the realm beneath their mighty treads. Amidst this Darkest Day a new hero emerges, guided by the hand of the mysterious sorceress Malfleur...

It's Pokémon Legends: Shadow of the Elder Scrolls V: Colossus! Yanked into the past by the magicks of a mysterious witch, you must take up your trusty bow and Poké Ball-arrows and become a sneaky archer to catch Pokémon and vanquish huge Dynamaxed bosses that stomp around proto-Galar. To put an end to their havoc for good, you must convince the twin princesses to put aside their differences and combine the might of their signature companions - Zacian and Zamazenta - to take down Eternatus.

1690472794531.png

Along the way you'll meet the courtiers that back each of the princesses, lords and ladies who will warm to you as you defeat the titans that threaten their individual settlements - and they will, of course, look suspiciously like present-day Pokémon characters. Knights, castles, wizards, fairies and dragons oh my!

The day is saved. Upon realising that they both feel equally guilty for not saving their father in the previous battle against the dragons, the princesses have an emotional reckoning before teaming up to depower Eternamax Eternatus, giving the player the chance to battle, capture and contain its normal form.

Congratulations! There's just one loose end - you. Malfleur is no contemporary sorceress but an aged-up Oleana. Her obsession with Chairman Rose has led her to meddle with the past in order to give him a second chance with his plans in the present day; didn't you think your Poké Ball-arrows were surprisingly modern tech for the era? With Eternatus locked away for several thousand years and the legend as we know it set in place, she must cover up her own involvement and any potential for you to disrupt the timeline. Cue intimidating orchestral music and one final Gigantamax battle against Garbodor...

Time-shifted species ideas to follow!

EDIT several months later:

• Rock-climbing Dragon/Rock Druddigon, leaning heavily into gargoyle themes
  • Surfing 'Crueldra', a Water/Poison alternate Seadra evo representing coiling sea serpents
  • Flying Corviknight, unchanged from the present day given how iconic it is in modern Galar. The nobles of the land will ride these extensively, and they'll make for nifty aerial combat vs. Dynamax.

Last edited:
I already made a thread on how I would do a Legends: Kyurem game. Long story short, there was a middle sibling of the two brothers which history forgot about. Unlike their brothers (yes, this sibling is the player character so their brothers will always share skin tones), this sibling decided to leave their royal life behind after the war that divided both Unova and the Original Dragon happened.

The starters would be Bulbasaur, Fennekin, and Sobble. While their final evolutions will have heavy historical American elements, like Unovan Inteleon having a musket as its weapon as well as having a more soldier-like design, this Unova is actually medieval-themed, with equine Pokemon like Zebstrika doing the carrying for traveling merchants across the region.

In your dream, you are in complete darkness, save for two glowing yellow eyes, a voice will ask your help to stop another war from happening. In the climax, you will have to battle your brothers, but they are too powerful for you because they have Reshiram and Zekrom at their side, but when hope seems to be lost, Kyurem shows up and helps you defeat the brothers. The dragon that was defeated first is absorbed by Kyurem, who will help you battle the remaining dragon and after that dragon is defeated, Kyurem also absorbs it.

(Yes, I added a few more details here, but it's the gist of the idea)

Genesect: Set in the 80s, you're one of the scientists working on Genesect, trying to continue work on it while also turning it against Team Plasma, making it a force for good or at least neutral rather than evil.

idk when, but I think on Tumblr I make a joke reply to someone's post where I talked about "Pokemon Legends Mew" which would've been a game set before the time of humans? where you would play as a Pokemon yourself like in Mystery Dungeon but it had Legends-style gameplay? Which nyow that I think about it sounds like it would actually be a pretty cool game. Haven't thought of anything more specific about it though...

I would absolutely love a Pokemon legends: Necrozma.
Set in Ultra megalopolis before Necrozma gets shattered and devours all the light, you would get to explore through Ultra Space to fight old and new Ultra Beasts in a variety of locations that just woulnd't be able to exist in a game without interdimensional travel.
Also at least we might get to see what the other starters are in Ultra Space other than Poipole.

Legends celebi

You get sent back in time by celebi to when the tin tower and brass tower (i think those were the names) were still not burnt (sorry if this sounds weird Idk either)
What starters? Oh and make the Johto starters accessible
And also, spiky-eared Pichu

Um, haven’t put much thought into that actually! but yes, johto starters found rarely in wild like in pla, and spiky eared pikachu as a side quest like the shiny ponyta maybe?
Yes and make spiky eared Pikachu able to go in HOME
Maybe for starters: Froakie, Scorbunny (I can see it get a ninja or samurai motif), and Treecko
Idk about these starters tho
Edit: I already put Scorbunny in my idea for Legends Zygarde, yeah idk what I’m doing

Back
Top Bottom