• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what are your teams in HeartGold ?

RTA fan

Sir RTA fan of Wikia
Reaction score
I have a level 24 Gyarados, a level 26 Flaaffy and a level 26 Bayleef :banana:

the move pools (right now) are:
Flaaffy: Tackle, Growl, Thunder Shock and Thunder Wave
Gyarados: Dragon Rage, Tackle, Surf and Strength
and Bayleef: Cut, Reflect (helped against Whitney and her Miltank), Magical Leaf and Poison Powder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Protip: Don't make multiple posts in a row (especially within 48 hours of each other). Just edit. :)

How many Gym badges do you have?

For me, last I checked I'd beaten everything in the game (all Gyms, all extra trainer battles, all legendaries including a Lati and the complete Hoenn weather trio). My team was in the approximate Lv.80's including Typhlosion (my starter), Noctowl, Lanturn, Lucario, Luxray, and who else i forget. All of them Johto caught (even Lucario and Luxray).

Oh, yes, minor spoiler: After eight badges and the Champion, you start to see Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon mixed into NPC trainer rosters. The music radio station plays special music on Wednesdays/Thursdays that attracts Hoenn/Sinnoh species (like Absol/Shinx), and there's a new sidequest in the Safari Zone that can attract Hoenn/Sinnoh species (like Riolu/Gabite) if you use it enough (but it takes serious time).

I'm only at morty at the minute. I even nicknamed them.

P.s. Sorry about the double post.

Last edited:
I have five Pokemon: Typhlosion, Slowbro, Togetic, Raikou, and Nidorina. Don't ask me for levels because I don't know off the top of my head. I know that they're all either level 40 or 41, though.

Sad part about this is, I'm going into Victory Road. First time going through without a full team.

I've done as five-strong team in white version until zekrom joined
my nicknames are: Kiyokichi (Bayleef), Ryoji (Flaaffy) and Sazuko or Sakuzo (one of the two) (Gyarados)

yeah, SS counts. I completed HG a few hours ago with only four Pokémon alongside me (Meganium, Ampharos, Gyarados and Ho-Oh).

Well I have/had 2 HeartGolds so I will post both

Typhlosion w/ Power Herb
Eruption
Solar Beam
Blast Burn
Focus Blast

Steelix w/ Leftovers
Earthquake
Rock Polish
Iron Tail
Stone Edge

Octilary w/ Choice Scarf
Signal Beam
Ice Beam
Surf
Energy Ball

Pigeot ????
Heat Wave
Air Slash
Roost
Quick Attack

Ampharos ????
Power Gem
Charge Beam
Signal Beam
???????

Hitmontop ????
Fake Out
Bullet Punch
Close Combat
Mach Punch

Crowconaw lvl 25
Cut
Bite
Water Gun
Ice Fang

Drowzee lvl 24
Poison Gas
Confusion
Headbutt
Hypnosis

Butterfree lvl 24
Gust
Roost
Psybeam
Poison Powder

Golem lvl 25
Heatbutt
Rock Throw
Rock Polish
Magnitude

Last edited:
I beat HG a couple of years ago, but haven't leveled my pokemon to lvl 100 yet because I'm lazy...
But like most of my games, I have 7 team members. One or two of them rotate in and out, depending.
Altair - Pidgeot
Pachi - Magmar
Circuit - Electabuzz
Nena - Jynx
Lapis - Tentacruel
Sangria - Dragonite
Obsidian - Rhydon

Throughout HeartGold, my only team member was my Typhlosion, nicknamed Blaze. ^^ Certain gyms were a little harder because of my one type, but it all went okay in the end. In fact, she only ever fainted once in the entire playthrough, at Red. :D

Flamethrower
Dig
Toxic
Fire Blast

^ Her movepool is admittedly, very weak, but I never got into the competitive play in that game.

My "official" team in HeartGold is Feraligatr, Ampharos, Hypno, Steelix, Charizard, and Dragonite. It is for this reason that I could not bring myself to restart the game, and purchased SoulSilver. :p

In Soulsilver, my first team was Feraligatr, Ninetales, Togekiss, Ampharos, Machamp, and Hypno. Then, I transferred them (they're in my X version now) and started over with Meganium, Gengar, Magmortar, Slowbro, Tyranitar, and Skarmory.

My team in HeartGold was Golem, Meganium (I got a Chikorita from my brother), Noctowl, Feraligatr, Ampharos, and Machamp.

Just recently completed SoulSilver, and my team consisted of Typhlosion/PloPlo, Fearow/Kite, Ampharos/Andromeda, Espeon/Sassy, Gyarados/Pazuzu, and Marowak/......no nickname. :p

I didn't have a set team for my first playthrough of HeartGold. My ever-changing roster included Meganium, Scizor, Sandslash, Lanturn, Gliscor and Houndoom, but I can't remember the others just now. It's irritating, but I know I must still have them...

In my more recent second playthrough, I used Typhlosion, Victreebel, Steelix, Quagsire, Stantler and Xatu.

All twelve of those are in Kalos now, and still fight regularly.

I'm stuck at Jasmine with Clefable (traded)/Jumpluff/Golbat/Weezing/weak Magnemite/HM slaves

This was a themed team based on my favorite cards I had from the TCG, but they have some obvious problems together. The only way I can break through the Magnemites is with Leech Seed stalling, and Steelix just plain kills everything except the helpless Weezing. So... I'll have to figure something out. Maybe grinding money to buy Flamethrower

Playing through SS right now and I believe my team is Totodile, Hoppip, and Furret. I just got to Azalea.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom