• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you NOT like about Sun&Moon?

Why would they make our President evil? Team Skull serves them right to be the villains of the game, they could've done this alone.

What would've been cool as a nod from the anime would've been Crystal Onix, it was a weird Onix that was unaffected by Water attacks but was really weak to Fire, it was probably a Steel or Steel/Ice-type with the ability Dry Skin, making it 3x or 5x weak to Fire, but getting no damage and actually getting healed by Water attacks, of course Water Absorb or Storm Drain would work too, but Dry Skin makes the most sense since it was highlighted that he's super weak to Fire and I guess crystals are somewhat dry?

Would've been cool to do more Alolan forms based on previously shown Pokemon, sort of how everyone recognized that Alolan Raichu was a nod to the surfing Pikachu.

Also Pink Butterfree could've been like a Bug/Fairy Alolan Butterfree with Levitate.

What would've been cool as a nod from the anime would've been Crystal Onix, it was a weird Onix that was unaffected by Water attacks but was really weak to Fire, it was probably a Steel or Steel/Ice-type with the ability Dry Skin, making it 3x or 5x weak to Fire, but getting no damage and actually getting healed by Water attacks, of course Water Absorb or Storm Drain would work too, but Dry Skin makes the most sense since it was highlighted that he's super weak to Fire and I guess crystals are somewhat dry?
I think just a plain ol' Ice-type makes sense, with an ability that made it resist Water-type attacks. It wasn't massively weak to Fire, and giving a Pokemon Dry Skin usually doesn't do it much favors. (*sideyes Paras line*)

I think just a plain ol' Ice-type makes sense, with an ability that made it resist Water-type attacks. It wasn't massively weak to Fire, and giving a Pokemon Dry Skin usually doesn't do it much favors. (*sideyes Paras line*)

But it was specifically stated to be "unaffected" by Water-type attacks, that leads me to believe it should get one of those abilities, and Dry Skin fits nicely with the whole crystal theme.

I have a few:
  • No mini-games or alternative side-quests to battle and become champion (think Pokémon Contests, Pokéathon, etc. )like the past entries (even XY had mini-games in the form of Pokémon Amie and Super Training).
  • No National Dex.
  • The fact that the Zygarde side-quest just gets dropped after collecting all the Cells and Cores, with not even a final hypothesis by Sina and Dexio as to why Zygarde might be in Alola. Heck, even a random NPC giving us a lore dump on the connection between Zygarde and Xeneas and Yveltal would have been okay rather than just dumping the forms in Alola for no reason.
  • The fact that the majority of the Ultra Beasts were pushed back to a simple post-game fetch quest when they were implied to be a huge threat.
  • Necrozma being a thing and implying a connection to the Ultra Beasts and the Celestial due when it will most likely be chucked aside just like Zygarde was.

Other than that, the quality of SM is pretty solid for an opening generational pair.

But it was specifically stated to be "unaffected" by Water-type attacks, that leads me to believe it should get one of those abilities, and Dry Skin fits nicely with the whole crystal theme.
Dry Skin doesn't exactly fit "nicely" with a crystal theme-crystals aren't really dry, and all our previous gem/crystal-themed Pokemon have usually been Rock types, and weak to Water. There doesn't have to be an existing ability that already fits it-as long as you're imagining it, why not make up a new ability?

Last edited:
I don't play SM for quite some time (since I beated the game actually), but reading comments I remembered things that bothered me:

-The protagonist's stale facial expression makes he look too dumb and gives you the impression he doesn't know what the hell is happened around.
-I particularly didn't like the designs of the starters (only the first forms, some of them improves later on).
-No Pokemon impressed me as some used to (Ralts, Tyrutto, Tsutarja, Kimori, Achamo, and their evolutions)
-The girl character (or boy, depending on whom you choose) being absent
-Lots of lags...

Even though I set my battle flair to be left-handed, I still throw poke balls at wild Pokemon with my right hand.

0/10 literally unplayable -IGN

I've never thought about that and that's actually pretty stupid. If you're giving left-handed people the chance to be left-handed in the game, you gotta make sure they're always left-handed and not sometimes right-handed -_-

With that said, I hope next time you can access throwing styles sooner, or even from the start in the Options. They've shown it's possible to just make the character left-handed, no reason to make the character always left-handed and right from the start.

I do like the ideas in Sun and Moon Games, but what I didn't like that it is easy to handle these ideas. It is not a short story, and so quickly you can finish the story, and game.

I've never thought about that and that's actually pretty stupid. If you're giving left-handed people the chance to be left-handed in the game, you gotta make sure they're always left-handed and not sometimes right-handed -_-

With that said, I hope next time you can access throwing styles sooner, or even from the start in the Options. They've shown it's possible to just make the character left-handed, no reason to make the character always left-handed and right from the start.

About the only reason I can think of is they simply ran out of development time or didn't have the space for the extra animation.

Something the move to the Switch will solve instantly.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom