• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What did you want to be growing up?

I wanted to become an American football player in the NFL.
Me still being in highschool... I now want to be a history teacher.

Initially a pop star, then an astronaut, and then a veterinarian. The latter was the most realistic, but I realized that emotionally there was no way I could handle being a vet, even if I'd like to be able to help pets.

I never had any real career ambitions as a child, because of how pessimistic I was of anything I desired actually happening and because of how... out of touch I was with the world outside of me. That's career-wise though. My goals were focused in a different direction. When I grew up, I wanted to be confident and to be rid of my vast anxiety. I wanted to improve my personality into that of a perfect being, capable of infinite loving and goodness. Basically, I wanted to be an angel. I wanted to mentally exceed my limitations. It is a goal I still hold today, since I still have little hopes for anything career-wise. But to me, it is the most worthiest goal of them all, and one of the main reasons I continue to exist.

Like pretty much every European kid... a footballer.

i wanted to be a doctor or a lawyer because they make a lot of money and it's what my mom wanted for me and i wanted to take care of my family. which is something that, to be fair, i still want to do, but i already know i'm not even close to ready for law school and i have no interest in being a doctor tbh

ideally, right now, i'd like to either do some stuff with journalism, work in publishing for a while or develop software. since i have a pretty weak math background and don't know much about coding software development is probably a bit of a pipe dream but i think the other two things are reasonable for right now. maybe eventually get into law or diplomacy

When I was like 4, I wanted to be a cashier because playing with the cash register looked fun. I had a toy register and everything. xD During middle school, I thought I wanted to be an artist because I really did like drawing and people even told me I should consider being a tattoo artist whenever they'd ask me to draw something for them or on them. I then realized I would never be as good as those people on Deviantart or famous video game/manga artists, so I scrapped that.

2 years ago, I thought about being a lawyer after playing Ace Attorney and after my friend who was embarking for college told me she was interested in studying law. I'm not exactly a public speaker, so that wouldn't work. Finally, I thought I wanted to be a veterinarian because I love pets but I'm only in my 2nd year of college and I feel drained already. There's no way I could handle another 4-5 years of intensive studying after graduating. x_x Not to mention how expensive vet school is! I'm still interested in a job that involves helping pets and/or nature and wildlife, but I'm worried if such jobs would even pay enough.

I bounced around between several ideas while growing up, then kind of went into a period where I had no idea what to do when I was a mid-teen. I was interested in becoming a firefighter, a meteorologist, and even a zoologist among other things. Mostly things in the field of Science of course.
I eventually found what I feel is my true calling though, which is Psychology.

I always thought about doing a lot as a kid; I really wanted to do a little bit of everything. Being a cartoonist, a marine biologist, a food critic, and an actor were always things I thought I wanted to do when I was really young. As I got to my angsty middle school age, I thought about being a philosopher, but that idea was quickly shut down by the fact that I didn't know what I'd use my degree in it for. I also wanted to be a writer, but I lack the conviction needed to write everyday.

Now I'm thinking about going into film/documentary editing or teaching.

Before I realized I was an anarchist, I wanted to be President of the United States. Mostly because I thought that whoever is President could get away with just about anything.

Then I switched to wanting to be an actor, a paleontologist, or a Disney animator, or a zookeeper.

It went something like this:

5-9: Detective
9-13: Chemist
13-15: Virologist
15-16: Professional Revolutionary
16-18: Politician
18-Present: Maybe a priest

I was very into firetrucks as a child so I wanted to be a fireman. Fast forward to today and I realized their are other careers to making more money (except me wanting to be a doctor. I don't think I could handle all that).

web designer or a cop
but both not happening
i changed my mind on web designer because i just do not fancy an office job at all
and cop.... well don't think my body can do it

I wanted to be a Pilot. I did eventually get my student Pilot license, but it remained at that only. I'm now in another field. Medical. With Surgery residency starting next year...lol...I won't have any time for personal life will I? ha ha *nervous laugh*...

I wanted to be a Pilot. I did eventually get my student Pilot license, but it remained at that only. I'm now in another field. Medical. With Surgery residency starting next year...lol...I won't have any time for personal life will I? ha ha *nervous laugh*...

... where were you doing your pre-med studies, that you still had a personal life until now? ^O__o^ *still pre-med, barely has time to sleep*

Besides, my one friend Ivy not only managed to meet a guy but also got engaged during her surgical residency so...~

I wanted to be one of the following things:-
-Doctor
-Actress
-Writer
-Tennis Player
-Pokemon Trainer
-Pokemon Coordinator

But currently I am studying computer engineering. Funny how things never turn out the way we imagine them as kids.

I wanted to be an Olympic swimmer. I was inspired after watching the 2004 Olympics.

Obviously that's never going to happen, but since I sometimes partake in amateur swimming competitions, at least I get to swim!

What did you want to be growing up?

I wanted to be the world's first real super-hero and I still do. I will awaken my siddhis to become the world's first real super-hero and my super-hero name will be 'Dragon Man' because my Chinese zodiac sign is the Dragon.
In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom