• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Do You Fear?

Spiders - Been by biggest fear for since, forever. Something about them just terrifies me. I often get into a panic attack when I see one as well.
Injections - These things just scare the shit out of me and I don't know why.
Fire - I'm more scared of my house catching on fire, but even driving past a campfire makes me nervous.
Hospitals and Dentists - They just scare me. This fear is one of the reasons I've never actually been to the dentist before. I know I should go since my teeth are in pretty bad shape, but still.
Getting a life-threatening illness - I think everyone is afraid of this, but having anxiety makes me worry about it 1000% more. Every night I check myself for any symptoms of serious illness, without fail. Cancer and diabetes are the ones that scare me the most.

I've got many more minor ones, but those are my major fears.

Wasps - I have never been stung, and have no idea if I'm allergic or not.
The dark - I never outgrew this, for some reason.
Needles/Injections - GUH...
Extinction-Level Disasters/Apocalyptic Events - the thought of these just freak the heck out of me.

I fear loneliness and the death of loved ones. I can't imagine my parents dying, and I don't even know how my brain would register it, but it would definitely hurt me very much. I would also hate to lose my boyfriend because without him I'd feel lonely. Friends mean so much to me, but most of my friends are always so busy, so it really gets difficult when my favorite people to talk to aren't available most of the time. =/

I don't really fear much in the way of bugs, heights, ghosts, or darkness. I only fear things that need to be feared. Such as the eventual evening out of all the universe's energy as foretold by the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

More like what DON'T I fear. I'm scared of everything. But it's mostly just situations, not animals or anything.

Spiders - If one gets near me, I pull out my bazooka and blow up everything within a fifteen mile radius.
Bugs - Caterpillars, big flies and the like.
Trucks - I had a dream where this monster serial killer truck kept following me around. =(
The Dark - MOMMY!!
Getting In Trouble - I've always been terrified of people getting angry at me or shouting at me. I really can't take it for some reason. Probably because no one did it when I was little.
Heights: Even step stools are way too high for me. :p

I'm totally not afraid of snakes though. I really don't understand that fear. They don't even have feet!! How un-scary.

The ocean.

I can't swim, and the thought of falling into a virtually bottomless void is the stuff of nightmares.

Oh I have anwered this thread, but not properly. I have a phobia of cockroaches, i just hate this bug. If I see one, I get paralized or run away.

And now i need to comment some items of this list

Ideophobia- Fear of ideas. This one must be really boring. He just doesn't like ideas. We will not exchange ideas with him ok? ideas never.
Dikephobia- Fear of justice. but they doesn't fear injustice
Theologicophobia- Fear of theology. I understand not being interested on it... but fear it? why? The teacher is evil? lol
Hypegiaphobia- Fear of responsibility. I think my ex had this one.
Verbophobia- Fear of words:
complicated...
Uranophobia or Ouranophobia- Fear of heaven. So.... this one want's to go to hell, purgatory, or any other bad place after life?
Staurophobia- Fear of crosses or the crucifix. A vampire, of course...
Selenophobia- Fear of the moon. a werewolf...
Venustraphobia- Fear of beautiful women. So... huh ... girls... imagine the situation... you are dating someone... and he/she is diagnosed with this phobia.... yeah... now you know you are ugly...
Cacophobia- Fear of ugliness. on the other hand, if you are dating someone with this problem, now you now you look like a greek deity
Urophobia- Fear of urine or urinating. I understand being disgusted or even fear of having contact with urine. Everyone is sick of it. But be afraid of urinate must be.. hard to deal.
Genuphobia- Fear of knees. lol so random
Geniophobia- Fear of chins. She can't see people chins? how they deal with it?
Ommatophobia- Fear of eyes. Is this a phobia os madness?
Pteronophobia- Fear of being tickled by feathers. But be tickled by hands or any other object is okay.
Prosophobia- Fear of progress. really? this one love regression in the laws, technology, everything. if there's any progress in the science, human rights... he get scared. Nice...
Parthenophobia- Fear of virgins or young girls. Ok. but how would they know if someone is virgin? They ask everybody, and if someone say they are virgin, they'll freak out?
Nudophobia- Fear of nudity. I hope it's not the own nudity
Nomatophobia- Fear of names. First names? or nouns in general? and in any scenario, this guy can't hear the name of anyone?
Medomalacuphobia- Fear of losing an erection. ok but... he want to be erect forever?
Koinoniphobia- Fear of rooms. the solution is to live in a house with... no rooms. Ops.. hm.. in the streets, in the desert or in a forest.
Gnosiophobia- Fear of knowledge. That's right bro. The best is to continue ignorant.
Doxophobia- Fear of expressing opinions or of receiving praise. receiving a praise must be really terrible.
Metrophobia- Fear or hatred of poetry. and you make a beautiful poesy for your loved one, and your date became frightened and faint

I hate the idea of mocking phobias. We know they're irrational, but we can't help being terrified.

When I was little I used to be scared of my grandmother's bunny slippers. They were huge, brown long-haired things, kinda like a tribble with rabbit ears. I used to think they were monsters that were eating her feet. I remember shrieking in terror every time I saw them, or when she'd walk toward me I'd think they were coming to eat my feet too and I'd scream for them to go away.

Eh, I was more trying to figure out how one lives in a world affected by gravity if one fears it. Like, gravity is literally a constant. There is no escape except in outer space. (I'm one of those weird people that is fascinated by the how and why of human behaviour. After all, that's what I got my degree in). Anyway, I even mock my own phobia. Fear of pool lights. It makes no seeeeeeense~ Like, it is just so super-ridiculous to be afraid of a light source. I don't know how many times I've tried to think back to when and why it started and I can't even remember. I do remember that at one point I stopped having this phobia but then it came back rather quickly and I still have it to this day.

The only thing I can think of is that my mum is afraid of large bodies of water and swimming and perhaps as a child I sensed her apprehension but my tiny brain couldn't understand a fear of water and so it mapped the fear onto an actual object in the pool. Who knows if that's a legit explanation but it seems like the only reason that would make any sense.

I hate the idea of mocking phobias. We know they're irrational, but we can't help being terrified.

When I was little I used to be scared of my grandmother's bunny slippers. They were huge, brown long-haired things, kinda like a tribble with rabbit ears. I used to think they were monsters that were eating her feet. I remember shrieking in terror every time I saw them, or when she'd walk toward me I'd think they were coming to eat my feet too and I'd scream for them to go away.

there's some phobias there that wasn't even true. I've also studied that when I attended psychology university. Those list in the internet, there's a lot of no sense "phobias", they jut put a word in another language, that's not even a phobia.

Also, a phobia is when you have an extreme fear of something, that keeps you from being functional when in contact with it, or think about it. Having just a natural fear is not a "Phobia". So no, there's no uranusphobia in the way that's described in the list, for example.
being afraid of toys, even develop a phobia, in the childhood, it's super normal. And fear of dolls even in adulthood is common, I have neither mentioned this, okay?

Also, i hate when people say things without being informed enough.

I was referring to making fun of fears in general?

I was not referring to a fear of dolls or my grandmother's slippers as a phobia. I was sharing a story of something I feared, as this is a topic for things you fear/feared.

Also, i hate when people say things without being informed enough.

Wow, I have no words for this. here's hoping the rest of your day puts you in a more pleasant mood.

I was referring to making fun of fears in general?

I was not referring to a fear of dolls or my grandmother's slippers as a phobia. I was sharing a story of something I feared, as this is a topic for things you fear/feared.

It is but the way you said, it's like the commented phobias were in any real way, and was doing bullyng with someone with symptoms. Some of them I have listed up there by name, but the symptoms are not at all as described in the list or not even exist.

For example, obviously not commented on the list because everybody knows the meaning, but homophobia by no way means being afraid of equal things. I think everyone knows the meaning of it, right? Not every word that has the phobia suffix is a real phobia in the clinical sense. And people should not believe everything they read on the internet.

There's so much nonsense and misinformation in this list that I will not even continue.

Wow, I have no words for this. here's hoping the rest of your day puts you in a more pleasant mood.

To be honest I did not like the tone "I hate people who do this," and was just being ironic mirroring your words.
But... Yes, you're right, I'm in a bad mood and overreacted. I should have just ignored. So i'm sorry if i was harsh.

Like, gravity is literally a constant. There is no escape except in outer space.

Actually, there is gravity in space - otherwise the Earth would not be able to orbit the sun. Really, the only escape is if someone could create a high enough energy to merge the four forces of nature, which scientists are still unsure of, and besides said situation will kill you.

Also, look at this one:

Phobophobia- Fear of phobias.

They're probably having a panic attack by looking at this thread.

So the "lack of gravity" on space stations and whatnot is cause we don't have enough mass or what? (or cause the space station doesn't have enough mass?) (I just had a physics final like an hour ago my brain hurts... ^T__T^;; )

It's called microgravity. What is Microgravity?

Basically, when you're in space you're in a continuous state of free fall, giving the effect of much less gravity than on Earth.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom