• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you think about TRio in Best Wishes?

Are Jessie, James and Meowth OOC?

• Yes

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • I Don't Know...

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I don't Care

Votes: 20 19.6%

• Total voters
Piplup said:
Even if we hate it and it's different than their dialogue in the Japanese version, it's hard to try to say the dialogue isn't fitting at all to their character

I completely disagree, but this isn't really the thread for that.

I'm still not very fond of the Trio as they are in Best Wishes. The transition is just too jarring. I just miss their funny side and there's only so much Ash & Moemaru can do to carry the comedic aspect of the show. I mean, in the past they managed to be competent and funny(such as in Do I Hear a Ralts), so I don't see why they can't be competent villains and be funny at the same time in BW. I can explain away Team Rocket being competent as the writersn possibly setting them up to be the evil team with genuinely evil intentions and so, become the foil to the evil team with misguided but technically good intentions but it still bugs me a lot.

...and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if TPCI did manage to butcher BW!Team Rocket by giving them the same dialogue as they did in DP. They've already got the long coats - all they need is the dialogue and maybe a bit of cigarette smoke to complete that film noir-esque feeling.

I haven't watched any of the episodes, but this is good news for me. It would be a good change in the anime if they started acting serious. By the way, what is 'OOC'? >.<

You posted a link to a previous post just for that? I find that strange. :)

Anyway, TR is out of character. Whether or not thats a good thing will be apparent with later episodes.

Anyway, TR is out of character. Whether or not thats a good thing will be apparent with later episodes.

Team Rocket may be out of character, but after 600+ episodes with Team Rocket something like this was going to happen at one point or another. Sure the Anime likes to abuse running jokes and cliche plots but that doesn't mean the writers can't change stuff at any point.

The trio fucking rocks this saga, how could you not love them! They are seriously, being serious, and I seriously love it in all seriousness! :D

The trio fucking rocks this saga, how could you not love them! They are seriously, being serious, and I seriously love it in all seriousness! :D

Isn't it kind of ironic had a, "competent Team Rocket," is what fans have speculated and some have wanted for years, and now it actually happened?

Its almost seems like odd fanfiction in a way. Its like some kid got fed up with TR being losers and blasting off for 600+ episodes, they they simply re-wrote them into entirely different characters and made them real villains.

If this happened years ago this would have been more of a shock. Then again the writers finally got rid of Brock after all these years, so who knows.

Let's not exaggerate, they still never really successfully did anything... and they always have to run away from the twerps... so yeah... it's not like they're "real villians" or something, they simply act more serious and know when to run away... but they still totally fail and can't stand a chance when the twerps find them

Let's not exaggerate, they still never really successfully did anything... and they always have to run away from the twerps... so yeah... it's not like good villians or something, they simply act more serious and know when to run away... but they still totally fail and can't stand a chance when the twerps find them

Yeah, but its no different than when Galactic or J failed and ran off.

Yeah, but its no different than when Galactic or J failed and ran off.

Well, they often managed to run away getting what they wanted... unlike TRio... or at least put a fight, which TRio still can't do
They're cool and all, but I still wouldn't call them "real villians" as you did... you can't really compare them to Galactic or J

Their role in BW6 was pretty similar to a Galactic plot to be honest.

But Galactic often got what they wanted and got away with it... TRio didn't get anything
Also, Galactic often put a fight against the twerps, something TRio still can't do
Just saying they still didn't reach a "serious real villians" role... at least in my opinion, I guess... but it's too early to discuss right now, we only watched 6 eps and who knows what will happen from now on...

While I like the new direction for the trio, I have a feeling It'll start to get a bit annoying a bit later in the series. I think I can deal with it, though.

Both Team Galactic and J had an advantage over the BW TRio as far as plots and mechanisms go. Not only do both organizations have larger numbers (TRio are generally supported by themselves), but they have access to a lot more technology.

Most of the time, they ended up succeeding whereas TRio failed is because of one or both of these factors. TRio does not have much of a backbone right now, tbh. All they have access to is a suitcase full of technology (which even the PMC had) and a Koromori.

Just because TRio is serious does not mean that they are any more adept in completing their mission. They have only managed to avoid *blasting off* as per usual, but they still fail at their mission each and every time.

Last edited:
I wonder if Giovanni will have a death similar to Pokehunter J by the end of BW. It'll be hard to imagine him only being arrested or something like that.

I wonder if Giovanni will have a death similar to Pokehunter J by the end of BW. It'll be hard to imagine him only being arrested or something like that.
He'll find a waterfall, and jump off it. In fact, there is some waterfalls near the Fertility Shrine, which is where one of the Plasma Sages are found...

Team Rocket may be out of character, but after 600+ episodes with Team Rocket something like this was going to happen at one point or another. Sure the Anime likes to abuse running jokes and cliche plots but that doesn't mean the writers can't change stuff at any point.

I never said if the change was a good or bad thing.

My opinion on TRio is still neutral at the moment.

I hope they go back to their goofy selves soon. They're too serious for me. Their role should be taken by Team Plasma. I hope we see them blast off soon.

I hope in the English dub they don't have Jessie, James, and Meowth talking in rhymes and "hip slang" like they are now.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom