• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What do you want more in the current SM anime?

What do want more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like it as it is now, but if I could improve it I would have more battles, more funny moments because I think Sun and Moon when it gets its comedy right is hilarious such as with the Pokebase episode, and I'd like the other classmates to get more Pokemon, though I only expect each of them to get only one more.

I personally imagine they could Show us Decidueye vs Toxapec and one vs Tentacruel.
Even would love to see a Incineroar using Fake Out.

Actually, it's okay now- maybe more episodes focused on Ash's companions ( like that one about Sophocles) and TRio ( when they finally became more...classic and funny, they're not in every episode...sad xD ).
About battles- I think there were too many battles in XY, so it's fair there are less of them now...

Last edited:
I definitely want to see more battles. However, I'd also like to see more of the storyline from the game play out as well. The groundwork to get the storyline is there, I just want to get rolling, especially if we're getting a shorter series like XY(Z). Another thing I would like to see, especially in the battles, both against the Kahunas, as well as against Aether and/or the Ultra Beasts, is the abilities of the Pokémon and the effects of moves used, like have Thunderbolt paralyze an opponent once in a while, or have a villain lose to Pikachu when he/she tries to use Thunder Wave/Glare, or a move that has paralysis as a secondary effect because Pikachu is immune to paralysis since he's an Electric-type Pokémon. Or maybe have a try to use a sleep-inducing move on Rockruff, only for it to fail due to Vital Spirit.

I've moved past the fact the anime has deviated heavily from the games, but I'd at least like for Ash to start "traveling" the islands more and earn more Z-crystals. Lillie's story in the anime is obviously going to be very different from the games, and unless they introduce Hau much later in the series, I'm going to guess that Gladion is going to take the place of Ash's regional rival.

If the newest summaries are real I doubt their will be any Trial Captains at all in the anime.

More battles.

or, alternately

Team Rocket as the main characters. IIRC Rica said SM is "a vacation", I'd be fine if that meant Ash taking a vacation from the spotlight and TR getting the lead role.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom