1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

What do your parents/siblings think about Pokemon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Keruri, Dec 20, 2006.

1. GatoRage

Blog Posts:
    My older brother played Gen I and Gen II. He often jokes about it being childish but he doesn't really care that I still play it.
    Once in a while he will play Pokemon Blue or Yellow on Stadium, so he doesn't have anything against them.

2. ghaskan

ghaskan At last, Kalos

Blog Posts:
    They thinks it's for kids still, but they don't mind me liking it. They are more vocal regarding the animé than the games, too.

3. yourlilemogirl

yourlilemogirl Welcome to the New Age...

Blog Posts:
    My mom is cool with me liking pokemon. She'll buy the the cards, games, or plushes if I ask real nice (or it's my bday). Though she doesn't really understand pokemon too much, she says she'll watch the odd anime episode once in a while. She even has a still sealed mint condition pokemon silver box in her closet! She says it's the beginning of her own pokemon collection, although she hasn't bought herself another pokemon thing since xD but it's cool cuz she will sit in my room and let me show her all my pokemon stuffs :D

She says her favorite pokemon was Eevee, though she seems to be moving on to Meowth (I think she likes Team Rocket's Meowth especially lol) and speaking of TR, my mom has a crush on James (like me xD though I prefer old skool James) and she also likes Brock but only because she likes anime guys with spiky hair haha. She was so sad when I told her he wasn't going to be on the show anymore :(

My little brother was kinda into it when it was 1st really big but didn't really understand it. Later on though he got back into it and asked our mom for SoulSilver after I had gotten HeartGold. He doesn't really play it much, I think he's more of a big console player since he's always playing on our ps2 and ps3, though he will sometimes fire up the old gamecube and play some colosseum or gale of darkness.

He still has most of his old pokemon cards and posters up on his wall. Though he doesn't seem to mind that our cats like to destroy everything on his walls (;-;) he was genuinely upset though when I told him I'm not watching the anime anymore. He got back into it cuz I would record episodes. He says that I'll be back, and he's probably right lol

oh god my mom used to do this all the time with almost anything I liked. It got to the point where I wouldn't show interest in anything around her or tell her what things I liked :/

4. Roulette

Roulette The People's Champion

Blog Posts:
    They think it's a child's game and have no idea that I still play it. Actually I think my mom/dad probably have their suspicions, since I keep all of my game cartridges in fairly plain sight on my dresser, and they could find out easily if they did any kind of searching on the computer, but they've never said anything, so who knows. But yeah, as a whole they think it's more of a kid thing.

5. White Light

White Light All Blacks

Blog Posts:
    Well, let's put it in this way.

My parents like Pokemon, because it's not violence and it's a "kids TV show"
    My brothers like Pokemon, yeah, Pokemon, new Pokemon, pokedex, merchandise, Pokemon cards, games etc.
    I like Pokemon, I enjoy both aspects of Anime and Game.

The most simplistic way I can put it.

6. Articwolf10

Articwolf10 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    Dude thats not cool... at all he better have gotten you a new Blue Version... seriously you don't go breaking other peoples things... my mom and step-dad don;t think much about it.. Mom actually got me Yellow for Christmas way back when and thus my pokemon oppession lol... I'm 19 now... and looking at the age poll a majordy seems to be over 20 though I still feel old though becauae I remember whe their was only 151 pokemon... man were they right when they said there was more to see... 500+ more to be exact

7. Teravolt71

Teravolt71 New Member

Blog Posts:
    My parents don`t seem to mind at all that I like Pokemon. My brother likes to play the console games sometimes, and my sister seems to be obsessed with Pikachu for some reason...

8. BorgyDudeMan

BorgyDudeMan The Shiny Zoroark!

Blog Posts:
    Well, my parents don't care about my interests, but at the same time, I'm scared of asking my parents to buy me some Pokémon franchise at the local mall cause when I do they do that "Pokémon is for kids" rant..... sad story......

9. Maniacal Engineer

Maniacal Engineer The Face of Justice

Blog Posts:
    My sister likes Pokémon, just like I do.
    My brother and parents are not interested.

10. Shushupu

Shushupu Servant of the Dark Lord Chin-Chin

Blog Posts:
    My oldest brother is a HUGE Pokémon fan just like me. In fact we both got into the franchise at the same time, when I got Pokémon Sapphire and he got Pokémon Ruby. His favourite Pokémon are Dodrio, Kyurem, Darkrai, Steelix, and Xurkitree.

My youngest brother likes Pokémon as well, but not quite like us. He does watch the anime, and prefers the older series compared to the new ones (he likes the original series in particular). He likes Pikachu, Foongus, Rowlet, and Kricketot.

My mum and step-dad aren't interested in Pokémon at all, but they don't mind that my brother's and I like it.
    Though my mum knows the names of quite a few Pokémon, my step-dad on the other hand, can only remember Pikachu, Squirtle, and Meowth.

11. Team Gaara

Team Gaara ~TWO MOONS~

Blog Posts:
    It's Satanic~

My sibling @Sakuraa, plays Pokemon, too~

12. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    My parents aren't interested.

When I was introduced to Pokemon by the DP anime series, my brother mentioned Charizard many times and mentioned how it was his favourite Pokemon (and at that time I didn't know what Charizard is due to lack of Charizard coverage during DP. I saw him during Os reruns, though).

So, my 22 year old brother still jumps when Charizard is mentioned or seen. Maybe I could show him my own Charizard if Kanto sequels are a thing.