• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What guy do you want with Ash?

Gary. Duh. lol Gary knows Ash, knows what he likes and what he doesn't like. He also knows how to get under his skin, safe to assume he knows how to get into them pants.

This are the guys I want with ash.
Gary- I just think that gary will just work with ash really well and for really young they have been rivals.
Paul- put ash down but it seemed he followed ash alot (or ash followed paul) and near the end remeber when ash yells at paul and paul stop then simles while waving and walk away.
Trip- put ash down to but it seemed like a few time he listen to what ash says and only inter act with ash instead of other rivals.
Barry- at first worshiped paul but started to change his way after spending time with ash plus he is so much like ash.
Riley- Grabed ash out of the way when he could of made an aura sheld to protec ash and at first when brock and dawn ask to go after him with riley said no but gave in to when ash told/ask him that they will.
Lance- when ash got push down in surprise by gyarados water gun attack he ran to his side a kneeled down be his side to make sure he okay and I don't think nobody else did.
Morty- being a good partner for Ash since he seems the type that would sit and listen to Ash and see him for himself and not judge him, give good advice, plus having no problem with defending Ash or possing Ash's plans but doing it in a good manner opposed to how Misty and Iris did things. Not to mention he also has this calm prescence that I believe is something that Ash truly needs, along with someone to encourage him instead of insult and put down.
Volkner- In (The Fleeing Tower of Sunyshore!) when we catch ash and he send ash through fist instead of going through first and then waiting for ash (ladies first cough look like it applies to ash) and ask/told ash to trust him when land the tower. Volkner, due to his aloof and distant attitude yet caring and protective nature would suit ash. Plus Volkner is my number one pairing for Ash, similar childhoods does play a part in it. But in the later episodes, it felt that Volkner grew very fond of Ash, immensley quickly lol :D. Though his aloof attitude and calm nature would also contradice Ash's cheerful and rash nature.
N- Just seemed to like ash right away and travled with ash group and try to pull ash up.
Jack walker- just seem like the right kind of guy he playful and when he talk to ash about may letting manaphy go instead of max or brock.
kellyn- seemed to only really talk with ash that much and puts his hand on ash's shoulder.
Falkner- they had the same bird pidgeot plus he seem the right kind of guy for ash.
Flint (Sinnoh)- Nature and personlity can keep up with ash but can keep ash leave headed. In my mind.
Reggie- Is sweet, helpful and can try to keep ash head out of the clouds plus he seemed to take a liking to ash.
Steven Stone- Thier no logic behind this one.
Tracey- seemed to try to impress ash and loved helping out.
Will (elite four) - I just think this two can make a cute couple.
Sir Aaron- Can relax but seems so sweet even though he has be at war or something like that.

For my threesomes I think ash needs two people to even him out one to keep his feet on the ground and the other to keep his spirts up.

volker/ash/morty
gary/ash/paul
paul/ash/barry
volker/ash/lance
trip/ash/paul
N/ash/Jackie (the pokemon ranger)
jackie/ash/kellyn
sir aaron/ash/riley
lance/ash/will (elite four)
steven stone/ash/lance, tracey/ash/reggie
tracey/ash/virgil
morty/ash/falkner
flint (elite four)/ash/volkner

ash/nando,ash/buck (flint younger brother), ash/james.

I just think this will be a cute love group and ash in the mild of it.
riley/ash, sir aaron/lance
lance/ash/morty/volkner
lance/riley/ash/steven stone/ will (elite four)
Riley/ Lance/Morty/Volkner/ash/Steven Stone/Will (elite four)/Sir Aaron/ jackie/ kellyn.

As you can tell It is mostly old men that fit ash and I doj't think thier any girl out thier that can fit ash and keep up. Plus I think ash need some older with him or that someone can keep up with ash and his heroic adventurers. Plus all those pair above seem so cute I wish some would wright this stories and more. I always think of ash to be strong but bottom or ash help out someone(chough future lover chough) when the are in need, ash get hurt or sick try to help pokemon or a person, & he meet future love or soul mate in a battle and leave the person has a crush on him a it grows or the person fells real sad when ash leave and their heart aches. This idea would be great for a stories I think.

Gary- Gary f***ing Oak x innocent, naive Ash? Um, yes.

Brock- Amazing bromance in canon, amazing romance in fanon.

I personally think that with ships where crossdressing is added to the mix or is outright required, the potential for great fan art and fan fiction is amazing! Ships with Ash are no exception, considering he and a few characters in the franchise have been known to pretend to be a member of the opposite gender. Heck, he's even been kissed on the cheek by a male dressed as an attractive female in one of the earlier episodes. But if I had to pick just one, probably AlmostStraightShipping, if for no other reason than tons of awesome fan art on places like pixiv, as well as the following links:

Ashley's Dilemma

Hiding in the Substrate - Palletship/Courting/Crossdresser!Ash Fic Prompt

The prompt in the latter link is something I think has the potential to become a great story in the right hands, and maybe at some point I take a shot of my own at it. But if someone even better manages to beat me to it, I sure won't be complaining!

I've always loved Palletshipping and it will always be my OTP I'm pretty sure. That said, DiodeShipping sure has had some adorable moments and good potential. A very cute ship and a solid second

Just.

tumblr_mgh5m6MUkt1r3ifxzo1_500.gif
I don't know who that is but that's cute lol

Uke for Ash:

If Clemont had a better hair style, I would say him. His personality, physical structure and everything else is perfect, but his hair seems like it would be better suited for a blind Aipom trainer that does their own hair.

Cameron from Unova is my top pick to be a uke for Ash. My reasoning I don't think would be allowed by the mods, but short version is I think it would be cute to see Ash pin Cameron and... (This statement has been censored) :p

Seme/Seke for Ash:

Tracey is a ok pick IMO too, out of all the travel companions, Tracey judged ash a lot less. He still picked fun at ash from time to time, but not to the point where Ash would end up in a corner twirling his finger on the ground in depression. (at least to my memory) While his stature dictates a Seme role, I think he and ash would be versatile.

Probably Brock. BoulderShipping is one of my guilty pleasures. Or, because I'm completely twisted, Giovanni. Just 'cause. :p

Or, because I'm completely twisted, Giovanni. Just 'cause. :p

>promoting paternal incest

Ech. Though in all seriousness, Gary. No, really, go back and watch the first season. The Foe Yay levels are off the fucking charts.

Just to mention that what people ship isn't necessarily showing support for taboos, and that this isn't the platform for the promotion of such taboos, if that is the case. Thank you.

(Also, Ash and Giovanni aren't necessarily related; that's just one theory.)

When i was younger, I shipped Misty vs Ash.
I never watched the anime before a long time, but the other day I decided to watch it again, and analyzing in neutral terms, Gary and Ash has very suggestive moments.

besides slight hints, I doubt they explicitly put a yaoi couple in pokemon . But I wish Gary returned to series, it would be interesting to see the interaction between the two.

I'm not nearly as into PokeShipping as I thought I would be, but I adore Ash/Clemont. They're so cute together. I'm also rather fond of Ash/Gary and Ash/Brock.

Diodeshipping (Ash/Clemont) is very sweet! I don't object to Palletshipping (Ash/Gary) or CaféMochashipping (Ash/Cilan) either.

bump

Ash & Gary, Ash & Brock, Ash & Cilan, and Ash & Clemont are my favourite ships for Ash. I think Gary & Brock have the most standing, as they've easily known him the longest. Plus Clemont is adorable.

I'm primarily a PokeShipper, but out of the guys, it's them four.

Props to the cute gif of Ash & Cameron. I now ship it.

Props to the cute gif of Ash & Cameron. I now ship it.

Ah, another Scatterbrainshipper! I'm always glad to see more people liking this shipping.

Which brings me back to my answer- I love a lot of Ash pairings, male or female, so I do have a few Ash shippings in mind. Given that Scatterbrainshipping is my OTP as far as Ash is concerned, probably that. More pragmatically though, probably Diodeshipping- though I love Pallet, Coma, NeoLeague, etc etc.

I love Palletshipping, so Gary. Or Drew (Since he's similar to Gary)

But then I was thinking about Comashipping. Ash and Paul together would be so angsty,

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom