• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Internet browser do you use?

What Internet browser do you use?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Microsoft Edge

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Safari

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Opera

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

noctiluca

shining in the night
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. They/Them
There are many out there, but there are only 3 or so dominant ones...

I've used Firefox for many years, but I don't remember why I started using it... I don't like the settings menu of Google Chrome though I use Chrome for work/school related stuff...

Whoever decided that Google Chrome’s settings menu should be coded in HTML… ugh, that should be a fireable offense for such stupidity, haha. (I kid, if that wasn’t already obvious…)

Anyway, what browsers I use depends on what system I’m using. On PC, I almost exclusively use Firefox. A simple, no-nonsense, just-works-the-way-it-should(-most-of-the-time) browser, with extensions galore for all kinds of purposes. On my iPad, meanwhile, there are three browsers that I use: Safari, Edge, and Firefox Focus. The latter I use almost exclusively for Bulbagarden. Edge is for e-mail, making purchases, and other “important” things, while Safari is for general browsing. All of them are basically skins of the iPad’s underlying WebKit engine anyway, so it really just comes down to extra features when it comes to which browser I choose for any given purpose.

Now, as for whether I use browsers on PC or iPad more, it depends. Safari on iPad has said device’s touchscreen interface along with its high-resolution screen to make things quite pleasant for casual browsing of the internet. But as with many things on iPad, there’s only so much that you’re allowed to do with the settings menu (is a cookies or JavaScript whitelist really too complicated for Apple to include?), and even add-ons only help but so much (assuming that they even work all of the time). It’s the main reason why I feel the need to use multiple browsers on iPad, actually. And Firefox on PC remains my go-to for more serious things that require a lot of downloads and such, given that Windows is still the primary target platform for a lot of very useful software.

Firefox.

I started using Chrome a little bit after the first stable release for MacOS (Chrome 5.0), which was also when it started getting popular for the first time... so around early 2011 if I'm not mistaken. It was my default browser through multiple computers, up until 2019 or so when I finally got fed up with its garbage, lol. I tried out Opera for a little while but wasn't really a fan, so I ended up on Firefox. I haven't regretted switching even once so far because it's just so much better.

Chrome and Maxthon. Although, since my computer is pretty bad these days, only Chrome. Which...is slow and laggy if I watch videos for too long, or look at even one frame of a gif, so. Sigh

I tried DuckDuckGo for a week and then promptly retreated back to the familiarity of Microsoft Edge. Might use something different, but then again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Opera because I am a weirdo. Also, it runs better on my computer and I can still install Chrome extensions on it. So it's basically the same thing anyway.

I use Brave on mobile. It's just a version of Chrome with an adblock installed, so it prevents some of the spam and nonsense that tends to happen on websites.

I use Firefox on my laptop, but when I am at my local library, then I use Chrome due to some technical problems with Firefox on their computers.

I use, on my laptop, Microsoft Edge first, and then Firefox for some websites/applications that don't work on the former. Edge is pretty bad in the default setting, but once you put it on the same setting as Chrome, I think it's much better.

I use Firefox. I experimented with smaller browsers but the larger amount of extensions available with Firefox especially with the official containers makes things a lot easier for my situation and I feel like it's far more customizable. I only have Chrome because I was gifted a Chromecast and it's the easiest way for me to watch things on my TV and I sometimes need to use it to make sure that things I code work across browsers.

I use Firefox on my laptop (on both Windows 11 and Linux Mint) and Chrome on my phone and tablet.

I used to use Chrome on literally everything and I did so for years (pretty sure I switched to Chrome in like 2010) but all of the bullshit Google's been doing in regards to privacy (or rather, the lack thereof) and their upcoming Manifest V3 changes, which IIRC are supposed to roll out in June of this year, which are going to severely weaken adblockers (and honestly using an adblocker in 2024 is just common sense) made me finally say 'Fuck this' and switch over to Firefox as my main browser earlier this month. (The fact that I discovered there was an alternative to the one single extension that was keeping me on Chrome helped a damn lot too, that was actually the thing that made me go 'Right, I have no reason to stay with Chrome now. Bye bitch'

I still use Chrome on my phone and tablet just because I don't really do much web browsing there + I friggin hate Firefox mobile on my tablet for not having tabs (well it has tabs but it doesn't have tabs like you'd get on desktop Firefox or Chrome on my tablet) and I don't want to have to install the beta version of Firefox on my tablet to make this one extension that's supposed to add tabs work. Plus I use AdGuard to block ads on mobile anyways, so the lack of extensions doesn't bother me at all.

Back
Top Bottom