• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is the last thing you learned that is Pokémon related?

I recently learned that Lugia was originally known as "Pokémon X" and in early concept art by Ken Sugimori it actually had a big letter "X" on its chest.

EtaA1aUXUAgEVyz.jpeg

That Pikachu Meets the Press actually appeared in newspapers before the book was published. I thought it was a just a standalone book of comic strips.

I was about to ask why Bulbapedia doesn't have an article for Ramanas roses, which are definitely a Pokemon concept as per the descriptions for Mysterious Shards. Well... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_rugosa

"Rosa rugosa (rugosa rose, beach rose, Japanese rose, Ramanas rose, or letchberry) is a species of rose native to eastern Asia, in northeastern China, Japan, Korea and southeastern Siberia, where it grows on beach coasts, often on sand dunes."

Turns out it's a nickname for a real plant.
(Unfortunately, determining the origin of "Ramanas" is more difficult because Pokemon is clogging up the search results.)

I was about to ask why Bulbapedia doesn't have an article for Ramanas roses, which are definitely a Pokemon concept as per the descriptions for Mysterious Shards. Well... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_rugosa

"Rosa rugosa (rugosa rose, beach rose, Japanese rose, Ramanas rose, or letchberry) is a species of rose native to eastern Asia, in northeastern China, Japan, Korea and southeastern Siberia, where it grows on beach coasts, often on sand dunes."

Turns out it's a nickname for a real plant.
(Unfortunately, determining the origin of "Ramanas" is more difficult because Pokemon is clogging up the search results.)
"The common name of ‘Ramanas Rose’ is probably a misprint for Hama-nashi or Shore Pear its Japanese name."

Source: White Ramanas Rose - Rosa Rugosa Alba

TIL that you can't use Shiny Stones (and presumably all other Evolution Items/Stones) inside the Union Room in Gen 4 (Haven't tested with 5 but it's probably the same). If I were to guess, it's to prevent your team data changing while connected to other players.

Yesterday l learned Todd Snap debuted in the anime almost a whole year before before Pokemon Snap released, having debuted in episode 55 in July 1998, whilst Snap wouldn't release til March 1999

Iirc, Snap was in long gestating development at the time, so that does track. I just assumed his episode was a lot closer to Snap's release

Back
Top Bottom