• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your favorite animal?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
And why are they your favorite?

Personally my all-time favorite animals are cats. They're the only pets I've ever lived with and all of them are adorable, unique, and loving creatures. My friends have often described me as a "cat magnet", because even strays will walk right up to me. :p
I'm also very fond of ducks, seals, hamsters, geckos, and turtles.

this might surprise you, but i like crows? they're really pretty...but i see them all the time here, and it feels right to have them say hello. they fit in very well with the gray skies and evergreen trees that seem to be a hallmark of my existence currently.

cats are cute, too.

I love dogs and cats, mainly cause I grew up with them and they make the best companions imo, especially my own dog and cat (Coco and Shadow :giggle:). Though I do like all canines and felines anyway, especially wolves, lions, tigers, coyotes, foxes, bobcats, etc.

I also really like bears, horses, snakes, and cervids (especially elks). Mainly because they carry a sense of beauty and danger in the wild, with snakes being the biggest example; horses are always beautiful regardless, but when they're wild horses that freedom really brings it out.

I figure I'm not allowed to just answer "all of them"!

So. . . deer! They're complex, adaptable animals with endlessly interesting behavior and history! It's sort of hard for me to put into words just how much I love them, but there's just this sense of wonder that, no matter how much I see or try to learn about them, has never gone away. They're a huge source of comfort, too; no matter what happens, crossing paths with a deer has always made everything alright =]

Buuuuut I also really love pretty much every other hoofed animal, foxes, wolves, mourning doves, and butterflies! I could list a lot more (and get really specific.. . .), but these are the ones who come to mind first. And I just have to say. . everyone has really good taste in favorite animals because every animal is the best there is

Wolves. Such majestic yet misunderstood creatures. I despise the whole "big bad wolf" rap that wolves got thanks to certain fairy tales and the like. I'm even an associate of a wolf conservation center in my state, getting emails and products from them that support wolf conservation and restoration. I've even got to see wolves up close and personal. Such beautiful creatures. While it seems that the whole "big bad wolf" thing is dying out, it still irks me whenever it, or something similar, crops up.

Hyenas. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore The Lion King, but the hyenas got thrown under the bus. They're highly intelligent, literally on par with chimpanzees in some tests. And they're very efficient predators. Lions are more likely to steal from hyenas than the other way around. They also can eat a lot of things other African carnivores can't, like bones. Also they're pretty much if cats wanted to be more doglike.

Edit: they are a tad difficult to deal with sometimes in Planet Zoo, assuming you have more than one breeding age of each sex in one habitat. Because they fight for dominance constantly, especially the females.

Last edited:
Owls, hawks and penguins. And pretty much birds in general, much to my ornithophobic sister's horror.

I love foxes as well, and along with hyenas, two of which I believe are such misunderstood animals (if you want to see hyenas in a not-so-scary light, go watch Kevin Richardson's videos). And people often ask me if I'm a cat person or a dog person. Who says I can't be both? And I'm also a rabbit person.

Oh, and Highland cows, and for some reason, crocodiles and red-eyed tree frogs. Sheep are cute as well, especially Dorset Down sheep (they have wool covering their faces and look like they're wearing ski masks) and I was born in the Year of the Sheep, so I've always had a thing for them. And elephants and lemurs.

I could go on.

Last edited:
I adore snakes (non-venomous varieties, as I just don't like venomous snakes), but I quite like lizards as well. Though I find all that quite difficult to explain.

Last edited:
BitesizedWeightyIndianrhinoceros-max-1mb.gif

red pandas are the superior animal

Goblin Sharks, just adore everything about them. So cute, weird, unnerving, and yet cool at the same time. Basically anything out of the abyss of the deep sea is a favourite in my book but I have a very special soft spot for these shorks in particular. They were also very fun in Zoo Tycoon 2, surprised they were even in it but they were definitely a favourite to use for me in that game.
Goblin Shark!!.png

They also get... a lot bigger than people give them credit for. (Some can even rival the size of large Great Whites and Greenland Sharks)
giantgoblinshark.jpg

Bigfin squid, Praya dubia, gulper eel, frilled shark, Turritopsis dohrnii, garden eels, cuttlefish, barreleyes fish, isopods, and cats.

And including dead animals: Dunkleosteus, Concavenator, Quetzalcoatlus, Yi qi, Sinotyrannus, the ever controversial Spinosaurus, the Tully monster, Hallucigenia, Saccorhytus, and Ceratosaurus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom