• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your least favorite trainer class to battle against?

SinCosTan

God forgives, I don't.
Reaction score
You know that one type of guy or girl that makes you just sigh on sight. For me it's those damn fisherman. A lot of times they have a team of Magikarps and four or five of them. While Magikarps are generally beaten in one hit, they are tedious to fight.

On the bright side a team full of Magikarps are great for speed EV's.

I don't like ace trainers because they are incredibly strong. Especially after a long route, particularly that double battle of ace trainers before Veilstone in D/P. That was so darn annoying :<(

That's exactly why I like Ace Trainers. However that infamous pair before the route gate in Vielstone is quite difficult. Drifblim is annoyingly bulky for that point in the game.

To one bug catcher near Rock Tunnel's credit, he had a Venonat I believe, which is so far the strongest early bug–type.

Lasses with their damn Pidgeys, Rattatas, Nidorans, and Bellsprout. Just fffffff–

Pokekids as well. You are not a pikachu. You are a human. Saying "Pi-pikachu" does not make you a pokemon. I'm loking at you, Aerial...

I swear; why aren't we friends? x)

They piss me off, I think "Hey it's a Pikachu" but then I get in a battle and I say "AAARGH I HATE YOU!"

I swear; why aren't we friends? x)

They piss me off, I think "Hey it's a Pikachu" but then I get in a battle and I say "AAARGH I HATE YOU!"

Good question. :XD:

Gym leaders and the Elite Four Youngsters. NOBODY CARES IF YOU RATTATA IS IN THE TOP PERCENTAGE, JOEY.

I hate Lasses with their cutesy normal and flying types. Also, Bug Catchers, but I can easily take them down xP
I hate Fishermen as well, especially one in D/P that has 5 MAGIKARP. 5!

Lass`s are annoying as hell and bug catchers even thought being my fav trainer class i hate battleing them as they allwese have some crappy bug pokemon that are just a waste of my time and hp.

Younsters. Especially annoying ones that brag on the phone about their Rattata is top percentage. Especially when it is, having perfect IVs. >.<

Ninja Boys in RSE. Especially in the falling ash route near Lavaridge. You walk over to the little mound, thinking it's an item or something, and then a small child jumps up, spouts some clichéd ninja rubbish, and challenges you to a battle with his under-leveled trio of Koffing.

Grunts of any Team. Especially Aqua, Magma and Galactic. My reason being that they usually come in tandems, and have both boring and weak Teams that repeat themselves over and over. Rockets had a semblance of variety and were already fairly boring as they had a similar mold most of the time, but the latter ones... it's even more boring.

While I agree about the grunts, hearing the the battle theme makes it worth it IMO. The magma/aqua theme is one of the best themes in RSE.

Lasses. They always use the same shitty pokemon over and over again. Usually the same cutsey Clefairy, Pikachu, Oddish, and Jigglypuff.

Probably the ones that carry teams full of weak critters (Bug Catchers, some Fishermen, and Breeders). At least the breeders occasionally have colorful teams, but for the most part they just waste my time.

Also, any random trainer on a route that deals in status effects or likes to Endure/Protect/Destiny Bond - especially since there's no real way to buy PP recovery items, and the rest of them eat up my normal recovery items.

Gamblers and all their later-generation-censored derivatives. My alert level skyrocketed when the word "Horn Drill" popped up on the screen.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom