• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your least favorite trainer class to battle against?

I'm going to have to agree with some of you and say Grunts. They have very little variety within their teams (some evil teams being worse than others), and it doesn't help that in most cases, you battle a large amount of them, one after the other. It just gets kind of boring.

Ninja Boys in RSE. Especially in the falling ash route near Lavaridge. You walk over to the little mound, thinking it's an item or something, and then a small child jumps up, spouts some clichéd ninja rubbish, and challenges you to a battle with his under-leveled trio of Koffing.

THIS. Those suckers are so annoying...
I also hated Channelers from Pokemon Tower. It's like battling the same trainer over and over. Most of them had the same pokemon, even at the same level! And that gibberish they spout...

Not a single class of trainer, but I hate those trainers with 3 or more pokémon of a single species and the same level.

And Pokéfans, no problem with their teams (save case above), but I think they're repulsive.

Not really certain classes, but any trainer that has a team full of the same exact pokemon are such a bother to battle against.

Bug catchers and lasses indeed. D8 I really don't mind Grunts, especially the Galactic ones. At least they were funny!

Swimmers. WHO CARES ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WEAK WATER TYPES LET ME STAY WITH MY THUNDERBOLT'S PPS!

ok water types are awesome leave them alone, but i really do hate it when a swimmer or fisherman has a gyarados at a low level and you dont have electric type moves, and also i hate bug catchers, the constant poison stings always end up poisoning you and you have to go back to the pokemon centre

Hikers.
Why?
-Their before-battle theme in DPPt just sucks.
-I usually come along them BEFORE I have a Water/ Grass type.
-They are just annoying.

Good question. :XD:

Gym leaders and the Elite Four Youngsters. NOBODY CARES IF YOU RATTATA IS IN THE TOP PERCENTAGE, JOEY.
I do, cuz mine is also in the top percentage:smokin:
Not really certain classes, but any trainer that has a team full of the same exact pokemon are such a bother to battle against.

This.

I hate it when you battle fishers. They either have lousy Magikarps that give out no exp. OR....

THEY HAVE 3 GODDAMN GYRADOSES THAT DESTROY YOU....D:<

PokeManiacs

Double battles can feel a little unnecessary...sometimes. I find that the school kids and the Pokemon Collectors scare me. I'm on board with everyone else on Youngster Joey. The male swimmers...they blinded me. Of course, there are the trainers who dress up as a Pokemon. That's a cry for help. xD

(I will say I love the "rich" kids because of the money. >:D )

picnic girls and trainers in the gyms.
picnic girls usually have grass types with them and I ALWAYS choose water types and trainers in gyms just slow me down and I have to go to the pokemon center after I beat them and it takes longer to get to the gym leader!

Rocket grunts because they are useless.
They don't give decent experience and they just waste your time.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom