• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your least favorite trainer class to battle against?

Oh, I also hate the Hikers in RSE. Their 'I'm challenging you' theme is awful.

On the other hand, the black-belt theme......

Fishermen, who always seem to have nothing but Magikarps. Those damn things are not even good for EXP.

The Fisherman! So much Magikarps with only one move, Splash and it feels like it takes forever to defeat all of them.

The Ace Trainers were annoying in DP since Victory Road was so long and I never had enough Revives or Hyper Potions.

Definitely Hikers. They have at least 2 or 3 members of Geodude's line. Selfdestruct can be a real pain in the ass if you can't ditch them quick with Water or Grass moves.

Those young'uns with the super weak Pokemon they insist on bragging about (love Joey though). Bug catchers too, they have the weakest Pokemon. I mean... lawd. Fishermen are bothersome as well. Feels good to beat their confidence in useless Magikarp though, uhuhu.

Fishermen with magikarp, and grunts who have the EXACT SAME POKES as each other. Seriously, it's like Giovanni was all "you can only have zubat, koffing, or ratatta."

Youngsters, Lasses, basically anyone that has incredibly weak Pokemon like Pidgey and Rattata.

Also, that damn fisherman on the route before Eterna City. Seriously, 6 Magikarp! I hate that guy.

Also those incredibly strong trainers at the end of a long route when half of your party is fainted.

Grunts. Mainly Zubats, Grimers, and any other poison type. Ever heard of diversity?

Fishermen with magikarp, and grunts who have the EXACT SAME POKES as each other. Seriously, it's like Giovanni was all "you can only have zubat, koffing, or ratatta."

Especially all those in the Mahogany hideout, why does all the guard pair that's summoned when you pass the statue have the exact same teams?

Especially all those in the Mahogany hideout, why does all the guard pair that's summoned when you pass the statue have the exact same teams?

Because apparently, the word 'diversity' isn't in the Japanese vocabulary.

I hate Male Swimmers. They're wearing a speedo, for Arceus sake. Why not wear swim trunks so we don't have to see your bulge. It's an "E" rated game!

Basically any trainer that has lots of the same Pokemon. Having a team of 6 Bidoofs is stupid and pointless. Yes, I'm looking at you, cowgirl-wannabe near Solaceon town. I'm happy they changed her team in Platinum.

Yea but her with the 6 Bidoofs or the Karp-Fisher are exceptional EV training spots ^^

anyway I really dislike battling Breeders. The exp. yield is just not worth the PP.

I don't like ace trainers because they are incredibly strong. Especially after a long route, particularly that double battle of ace trainers before Veilstone in D/P. That was so darn annoying :<(

What? Ace Trainers are the funnest to fight! They give you a real challenge! That's why they're fun! That's just my opinion anyway.

I basically hate just any trainers that use a lot of weak Pokemon! Like everyone says, fishermen with Magikarp! I like tough Trainers! They are so much more fun to battle!

I hate Male Swimmers. They're wearing a speedo, for Arceus sake. Why not wear swim trunks so we don't have to see your bulge. It's an "E" rated game!
This. I don't dislike any other trainer class, but the speedos is just disturbing.

Those trainers with 6 pokémon of the same species are perfect for EV and those with low-levels are perfect for training weak pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom