• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What is your least favorite trainer class to battle against?

. NOBODY CARES IF YOU RATTATA IS IN THE TOP PERCENTAGE, JOEY.
I know! He won't stop calling me. It's like, 'if your rattata was actually in the quote top percentage, it would have evolved, stupid.'

My least favorite trainer class is the bug maniacs. I just makes me roll my eyes. Seriously, was Nintendo dillusional enough to believe Bug Catchers needed an 'elite' form?

It is actually in the top percentage -- someone used an AR, caught it, and checked the IVs. Apparently they're all 25+.

Lasses. Never been a fan of their cutesy Pokemon like Rattata and Pidgey. Channelers are also annoying and creepy, but at least they only appear in Kanto.

I hate the new office workers, and to a lesser extent the clerks from Gen V. Many of their quotes are about going back to work, etc. I really hate thinking about work when I play Pokemon, heck I hate thinking about work in general when I'm not there, so these really bother me quite a bit. And they show up frequently in the battle tree too, so I can't avoid them.

Preschoolers in Gen 7. Either they're little kids who I feel bad for beating, or they're Preschooler Helen of the Battle Tree.

I hate Preschooler Helen of the Battle Tree.

Hikers. When they send out a Graveler, it most likely uses Magnitude and it'll most likely hit 9 or 10.

Pffft.

Agreed! Hikers are my least favorite to battle, too. They also always seem to have something that counters what I have, because I always tend to start with Fire-types and rarely have a Water-type early on in the game. I also tend to have a Normal-type and maybe even an Electric-type, nothing all that great against Hikers.

Agreed! Hikers are my least favorite to battle, too. They also always seem to have something that counters what I have, because I always tend to start with Fire-types and rarely have a Water-type early on in the game. I also tend to have a Normal-type and maybe even an Electric-type, nothing all that great against Hikers.
Even if you have a Water-type or a Fighting-type to counter the Geodudes/Gravelers, they very most likely have Sturdy. So even if you hit them with a super-effective attack, unless you're leading with Mold Breaker, they'll simply just use the dreaded move with 1 HP left.

I don't have any particular aversions to any trainer class, but I still have vivid memories of two Veterans at Pinwheel Forest during B2W2.

I always seem to never enjoy Hikers, especially ever since 5th Gen buffed Sturdy to have that Focus Sash effect. Thankfully I tend to choose the Water-type starters so at least I don't have to be annoyed too often.

Whoever also mentioned the Fisherman with a 6 Magikarp team as well. I hate fighting all those stupid fish, although it appears Sun & Moon have done away with this particular type of trainer entirely.

For me, it's a tie between Fishermen (who far too often have a "arsenal" of energy-wasting Magikarps) and Youngsters (especially since they continue using the annoying "shorts are comfortable and easy to wear" trope). Preschoolers take second place, as beating them actually makes me feel guilty, like I just bullied someone weaker than me. The low payouts of all three and lack of variety in all three trainer class teams (either being early route, extremely common water dwellers, and overall "cute" Pokemon) further makes them hard to swallow for me. I'm willing to tolerate Lasses, despite being very much like female Youngsters, to a degree, but they tend to be very much the same. My favorite class are Ace Trainers, as they offer the best payouts and experience in my eyes, plus they tend to have very diverse and unique teams (that is... when they're using more that 2 Pokemon).

I hate preschoolers. I know that they are kids, but 2 of my Pokemon died so at least give me more than 3 Poke

As I've been playing White 2 lately, I have to say the Pokemon rangers. I understand if the environment if your passion and hobby, but a lot of their dialogue is downright weird, obnoxious and erratic ("NAYYYTURRR, BOIIIS!"). I also don't understand why the male ranger has a Pokeball attached to a rope...

As I've been playing White 2 lately, I have to say the Pokemon rangers. I understand if the environment if your passion and hobby, but a lot of their dialogue is downright weird, obnoxious and erratic ("NAYYYTURRR, BOIIIS!"). I also don't understand why the male ranger has a Pokeball attached to a rope...
Isn't that also the game where they challenge you every time you walk past? I'm all for rematches, but that was downright annoying.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom