• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What pokemon do you think Team Rocket should get?

IMABLASTOISE

Reaction score
I think that Team Rocket should get very different pokemon than in the previous animes. Here are just a few suggestions.

Reshiram/Kyurem: I know this is a bit much, but maybe Team Rocket should catch a legendary through a funny series of events. Maybe they would buy a Master ball while disguised as ordinary people, but they can't agree on who should get it, and then they accidentally lose it, but it rolls straight into a legendary pokemon (What are the odds?) and they find it, with the legendary pokemon inside.

Carbink: Maybe Jessie should catch Carbink before the series starts, but supposedly after the last anime.

Skorupi: Simple story: James gets jealous of Jessie's Carbink. James goes on a long hunt for a pokemon that evolves into a legendary until he finds Skorupi.

Cresselia: Jessie gets mad at her naughty Carbink and goes to find another great pokemon. Cresselia breaks out of the Great Ball and flies away, but Meowth catches the Cresselia in a high-tech laser prison, the same one you saw Ash get trapped in when Giovanni tried summoning Thundurus, Landorus, and Tornadus to take over Unova.

Maybe the pokemon I suggested are a bit over-the top. Maybe Jessie should get a Nidorina after a pokeball factory explodes because of an Electrode rampage and a shower of pokeballs rain down on the forest that Jessie, Meowth and James are flying above. Maybe James should get a Gastly that he is obsessed with teaching Dream Eater, although all it does is constantly use Hypnosis on him whenever he tries to teach it.

I think they are more likely to catch gen 7 pokemon like Ash. They have done so in other regions.

What if Dr. Zager used Mewtwo creation data to create Mewthree, a Dark-Psychic type, to try to make James's attempt at stealing Pikachu unstoppable (Sounds like a kind of incompetent thing Team Rocket would do. Why would someone try to steal Pikachu when they have something that could beat Lugia, Mega Latias, Mega Latios, Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos working together?)

What if Dr. Zager used Mewtwo creation data to create Mewthree, a Dark-Psychic type, to try to make James's attempt at stealing Pikachu unstoppable (Sounds like a kind of incompetent thing Team Rocket would do. Why would someone try to steal Pikachu when they have something that could beat Lugia, Mega Latias, Mega Latios, Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos working together?)
We are not getting Mewthree in this gen or any other future gen. Team Rocket will never become OP in the show.

Ok i know you are theorizing but none of these are remotely possible and it looks like your account is likely a troll account with the amount of messages and the join date being friday... the day this thread started...

Bewear and Mimikyu for sure, but then the question becomes who owns who? I think Jessie would own Bewear and James would own Mimikyu.

That being said, I would like TR to have at least one more Pokemon each this saga.

I think their teams are gonna be like this

James: Bewear and Minior

Jessie: Wobbuffet(obviously), Mimikyu and Salandit-it's evolution

I can't see Team Rocket with one new pokemon each again. I think that they are gonna catch more than one.

I could see James with a minior. It could be like his chimecho and mime jr. when it gets out of his shell. And he could catch it by accident like if one of his pokeballs suddenly fall and when everyone thinks it hit a rock it would actually be minior. Bewear also looks like a pokemon he would have because it can return the gag that one of his pokemon hurt him somehow when it gets out of it's pokeball.

As for Jessie we saw on the poster that she'll bring wobbuffet to Alola. And since mimikyu and bewear are also on the poster it shows that these two will be their early pokemon. Since i put bewear on James's team i had to give mimikyu to Jessie. Now, I also gave her salandit because team rocket needs to get this time a pokemon with a move to distract the twerps while they are leaving, like with seviper's haze and frillish's mist (sorry i don't remember what weezing and yamask used), something that I don't see happening with the other pokemon not even mimikyu but I can see with salandit, because one of the few things I didn't like in the xy series was that they were using the smokescreen machines instead of a pokemon. And I gave salandit to her because I already gave James the pokemon I think suit him more and almost always Jessie has more pokemon than him.

That's what I think. Can't wait to see everyone else's opinion to get more ideas about how their team would be like.

Considering we see Mimikkyu attack Pikachu in the preview (when it gets rescued by Mokuroh), can we now safely assume that it is under the TRio's direction at this point?

I really hope TRio get more Pokemon this series.

Jessie
Wobuffet
Mimikkyu
Salandit

James
Bewear
Alolan Muk
Minior

With this, they'll have six Pokemon with them, so the TRIO will have a full team between them...

Nobody noticed Mimikkyu with Kojiro in this scene?
tumblr_ogm3f0eW1d1r9cclvo1_500.png

Kojiro is so caring, protective and sweet with his pokémon, he would be the perfect friend for the sad, lonely, shy Mimikkyu.:rolleyes::love: (In more Mimikkyu is Ghost like Yamask, Psy like Chimecho, Mime Jr, Inkay) and it remind me Inkay with his Pikachu disguise XD
tumblr_o1rqg5QoP61sjhfmco4_500.gif

Last edited:
Oh my days! Good spot Jez!!!

Though I'm gonna be really upset if this little'un dressed up as Pikachu is replacing (rather than joining) the other little'un who likes dressing up as Pikachu :cry:

I would've liked to see Mimikkyu go to Jessie bc I think it could be good character growth but as long as it chimes in at the end of the motto I'm happy <3

Yeah, good spot Jez and also, I found this character artwork chart for the Sun and Moon anime and Mimikyu and Bewear are near Team Rocket and something seems to be next to Mimikyu, which looks like a really small Wobbuffet. I wonder what that is.

1479174801-3.jpg

Mimikyu for James and Bewear for Jessie. Don't think they'll be getting any other Pokemon beyond those two.

I know it's not a pokemon, but the one thing I really want Team Rocket to get is their old red R logo back! That pointy pink thing is awful, came out of nowhere and has never made any sense especially considering that their uniforms still have the iconic design!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom