• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What small things do you like about S/V?

Reaction score
Since there's already a thread similar to this topic for Sword and Shield, I thought it would be nice to start one for Scarlet and Violet. Are there any small details or certain aspects of S/V that you appreciate about the game?

For starters, I really like that you can receive League Points as an alternative to pay for things, similar to the Nook Miles in AC: New Horizons. Also, I like that the trainer classes such as the Musicians have different skin tones and hair colors instead of being identical to one another like in the previous games. And while the trainer customization is fairly limited in regards to clothes, there are loads of customization options for eye shape, mouth, lips, eyelashes, and hairstyles to really personalize your character. Additionally, I like that Pokemon can collect items in the Let's Go feature, which can come in handy. What really amazed me was how all the cities in Paldea look so distinct from one another and have many aesthetically pleasing details like swimming pools, restaurants, deli shops, playgrounds, mazes, parks, and whatnot. I also loved how fun and engaging the gym tests are such as Chasing Sunflora and the ESP exercise at the Alfornada Gym. Lastly, the new Pokemon are freakin' adorable. The Paldea starters, Pawmi, Mabosstiff, Finizen, and Ogerpon just melt my heart.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but these were just the main things I admired about the game. Feel free to post any other things you liked about S/V.

Heavy agreement on the facial customization of your trainer. That's definitely a big one for me. All the different eyes, eyebrows, mouths etc. really makes it so your trainer really stands out and won't vaguely resemble the default design but with a different hairstyle and hair color. I also appreciate it's literally one of the first things you do. No need to spend the first hour of the game as a random person who barely resembles you. I spent like fifteen minutes at launch just perfecting my trainer. It was great.

While on the topic of your trainer, I love the extra personality and animations they have. So many idle animations and different interactions with different environments. They've really come a long way from SM's consistent smiles

Last edited:
I like the fact that you can get freckles and moles/beauty marks! I have quite a few of the latter on my face, so I chose the most prominent one to put on my trainer. It’s a small detail, but it’s cool. I also like the different eye shapes and eyelashes, since I’m Asian with mono lid eyes (you can barely see my eyelashes in normal circumstances) , it’s cool that I can get that small detail closer to my actual face!

I love the character customization as I am able to make my character look like how I wish I could wish I could look IRL. The music was also a plus (although some area themes could be better) the general town/Important trainer battle themes made the game much more enjoyable, not to mention the return of some instruments used in Gen 7 (most apparent in Levincia)

Though SV wasn’t my favorite pair of games, the music was some of the best, 3rd place in my list!

But besides that one positive I also liked the camping! I loved making curries in SWSH and poffins in BDSP, so making sandwiches were always gonna be a positive for me. And getting to see your Pokémon play with each other just warms my heart so much!

To put simple stuff, I love how justice was given to certain Pokémon sprites such as those of Charizard and Gothitelle who look pretty awesome in their new fighting stances.
As for the character customization instead I'm satisfied with the kimono you can get in the DLC part of Pokémon Scarlet/Violet... my personal preference being the white one.
I also enjoy the breeding and selfie system, even though I don't use the latter a lot.

shiny hunting in s/v is about the easiest it has been. there's an argument to be made that poketch shiny hunting in sinnoh is easier, but it's easier in s/v in the sense that "eat shiny sandwich, then ko pokemon until shiny appears" is a bit simpler to get into than "you have to step on very specific grass tiles or you risk losing your whole shiny chain".

While you likely won't notice this while just playing normally, a lot of the textures in this game, especially on the Pokémon themselves, are really detailed and nice to look at it. They really didn't have to do any of that because how often would you be looking close up at the textures of a Pokémon? But they still did it and it's just really enhances the look of the Pokémon and the game overall.

Back
Top Bottom