• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Finally finished My Dress-up Darling after a good few months of entirely leaving off on it on the last two episodes… Really, really good. The last episode was beautifully done and it’s just a fun slice of life for me, left me feeling inspired and motivated as I like it.

Also checked out Metallic Rouge! Kinda intrigued by it, it felt very nostalgic despite being new and I kinda like that a lot.

Currently watching seven airing series right now: BUCCHIGIRI, Ishura, Chained Soldier, Delicious in Dungeon, Solo Leveling, The Demon Prince of Momochi House, and Cherry Magic!

Earlier today I watched episode 2 of Solo Leveling and the first episode of BUCCHIGIRI. The former is alright for an adaptation of a Korean manhwa, even if I have my grievances seeing how Japan went with Noblesse's anime adaptation (to be fair, I still liked it too, but the original is way better). Regardless, they've been introducing characters that were introduced chapters later too early, even if they didn't name drop them, so it feels like they're kind of speed running things; that being said, if this opens up possibilities for more Korean manhwas to be adapted, then I'm here for it (would love to see my top favorite, Killing Stalking to be adapted; or even The Fallen Duke & The Knight Who Hated Him or Lout of Count's Family would be neat to see). For the latter, I really like the character designs, plus it's from the original creator and director of SK8, so I hope it'll be just as crazy and wild later.

Otherwise, don't really have too much to say on the others. I like them so far early on, but I have a feeling I might not like Chained Soldier as much as I hope to as it progresses. But, Cherry Magic! and Demon Prince of Momochi House are definitely the two stand outs for me out of the others in the list. The former because the BL genre is kind of in a weird spot right now, and it gives me nice warm and fluffy feelings from the first episode alone. The latter purely because it sort of reminds me of Kamisama Kiss, and it's my second favorite shoujo series, so I'm expecting good things from this show.

Episode 4 of delicious in dungeon. Easily my favorite episode so far. The conflict is interesting, and I really love the ways this show has been building it's world so far.

Watched a few episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury with a friend who showed some interest. I've seen it already, but he seemed interested in it and I figured it'd be a good launchpad, so to speak. Went really well! He enjoyed it a lot, which I'm glad.

It's fun to rewatch G-Witch in larger chunks now, since when I first watched it, it was during the weekly episodes/the hiatuses. Pretty interesting stuff, honestly.

I'm on Episode 20 of Code Geass R2. This show wore out its welcome several episodes ago, but it's still good overall.

Watched Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 4, Episodes 1 and 2 (A New Evil Part 1/2). Felt like having some classic Yu-Gi-Oh to unwind to (and I haven't done much with Yugi and the gang in quite some time). And looking back at the Orichalcos arc it allowed me to really see that the "promises" that the Seal of Orichalcos gave characters like Mai, Rex, and Weevil where all hollow. They were giving up more than they were gaining and those three paid dearly for it. Plus it did help give some nice character development to Atem, showed that Yugi does have a mean bone in his body, and gave us some more interesting Duels (and the occasional lampshade hanging at the series' formula). Not bad for a what amounts to a huge anime-only filler arc.

I'm flipping out (in a good way) because I just received the ADV dub of Neon Genesis Evangelion on DVD—it cost me about US$100!!—and I started watching it last night. This is only my second time seeing it, and the first time was well over a decade ago, yet it's one of my all-time favorites. I actually started crying of joy and excitement when the OP began.

Watched some more classic Yu-Gi-Oh. Specifically, Season 5, Episode 5 (Child's Play) of the KC Grand Prix arc. Another filler arc like the Orichalcos one before it, but one with a lot less meaning to it. And, sadly, the arc that pretty much cements Joey as the Straw Loser of the series. But back to the episode itself, it features two Duels: Vivian VS Rebecca, and later Rex/Weevil VS Zigfried. Considering I based Cho Wu from my series after Vivian Wong (albeit Cho uses RL cards, specifically Amazoness, compared to Vivian's mostly anime-only cards) it was fun to watch her get whupped by Rebecca, even though I don't like her much, either. And seeing Weevil get wrecked is always a joy (Rex I'm neutral toward, as his "villain" status is more because he hangs out with Weevil, since his earlier portrayals showed him to be a decent guy, if a bit cocky and jerkish at times). Overall, not a bad episode, even though it's just more filler and has basically zero effect on the main plot.

Watched Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 4, Episodes 1 and 2 (A New Evil Part 1/2). Felt like having some classic Yu-Gi-Oh to unwind to (and I haven't done much with Yugi and the gang in quite some time). And looking back at the Orichalcos arc it allowed me to really see that the "promises" that the Seal of Orichalcos gave characters like Mai, Rex, and Weevil where all hollow. They were giving up more than they were gaining and those three paid dearly for it. Plus it did help give some nice character development to Atem, showed that Yugi does have a mean bone in his body, and gave us some more interesting Duels (and the occasional lampshade hanging at the series' formula). Not bad for a what amounts to a huge anime-only filler arc.
Rafael legitimately beat Atem in their first duel even after Atem turned to the darkside and used the Seal of Orichalcos. Then in their second duel he still had Atem on the ropes but only lost by simply giving up.

Rafael's backstory was also altered, in the original him and his family were on a cruise ship and they were separated after an accident happened. It was stated his family died while in the dub Rafael said they forgotten about him and moved on. He was stranded on an island and eventually grew into a great duelist who could see monster spirits like Jaden from GX.

Rafael legitimately beat Atem in their first duel even after Atem turned to the darkside and used the Seal of Orichalcos. Then in their second duel he still had Atem on the ropes but only lost by simply giving up.

Rafael's backstory was also altered, in the original him and his family were on a cruise ship and they were separated after an accident happened. It was stated his family died while in the dub Rafael said they forgotten about him and moved on. He was stranded on an island and eventually grew into a great duelist who could talk to monster spirits like Jaden from GX.

I'm aware. And it was more than "giving up" in the second Duel, as he wanted to release all the darkness in his heart that Dartz and the Seal created, which is why the Seal couldn't take his soul after using Soul Charge (rather fitting) to end the Duel. And, in reality, the dub makes his situation way worse, as his family dying by Dartz handiwork, while bad to begin with, is nowhere near as bad as his family moving on and not willing to accept him back when he does return. Anyone would be maddened into misanthropy if your family moved on from your disappearance and wasn't willing to accept you back into the fold when you returned alive. It also helps justify his motives better and gives him a less of a black-and-white morality mentality like the original version had.

But, like I said, it did help Atem with his character development (even if it was something of a retread from Duelist Kingdom), giving him one of his few (legitimate) losses in the series and helping him grow, which was fully tested in the final Duel of the series. Wish I could say the same for the invincible hero that is Yusei in 5D's, since any time he would've lost the Duel ended inconclusively instead, sans one flashback (which I largely don't count), while every other Duel was a win. At least Atem learned how to accept defeat gracefully and not let his pride corrupt him (which is petty much the same problem Kaiba has, especially once DSOD came out). So, overall, for a filler arc, the Orichalcos arc did have some positives that helped flesh out and develop the cast more, even if it had its faults (at least the Orichalcos arc had some benefit to the story, unlike the KC Grand Championship arc).

Back
Top Bottom