• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV What was the last movie you watched?

The Barbie movie. It had surprisingly deeper themes than I expected, but it also had lots of the kind of humor the trailer prominently featured.

I put on "The 13th Warrior" last night - adapted from the book by the author of Jurassic Park, directed by the director of Die Hard and said to be one of the biggest box office bombs in history...

Despite that, I unironically loved it as a genuinely solid action flick. If I had to describe the plot, it's basically Beowulf meets the Seven Samurai, the former quite literally since it takes a bunch of the characters with slightly altered names (such as Buliwyf) and puts them in a de-fantasized version of the legend's events. Antonio Banderas instead plays the historical Ahmad ibn Fadlan who is travelling alongside the heroes by circumstance acting as their witness and frame story and it is a little immersion breaking every time the Norsemen call the European Banderas simply "Arab" when you have Omar Sharif sat next to him who is the real McCoy, thankfully around the halfway mark they come to accept him as part of the band and instead refer to him as little brother. The rest of the casting is great and Vladimir Kulich as Buliwyf was great as this stoic badass who the rest of the band would be willing to die to protect. The practical effects are glorious and it really is a shame that you don't see that sort of thing anymore what with the advent of CG and the like, the battle against the Fire Serpent was truly hype.

So yeah, as a DVD I bought for £2 to see how bad it truly was, I liked it a lot and would definitely recommend. :bulbaLove:

Watched Polly Pocket Sparkle Cove Adventures which just debuted on Netflix.

The Boy and The Heron, went to see this yesterday as part of the BFI Film Festival and, believe it or not, my first time seeing a Studio Ghibli film on the big screen.

Visually, it was good and had some interesting character designs, but the story was a bit disjointed at times. It's the first time that I've actually wondered what goes on in Miyazaki's head when he was working on this. Still, it was enjoyable.

Last edited:
Watching the Terminator sequels, and yup, the only good is still the second one. 3, Salvation, Genisys and Dark Fate, all various shades of terrible, with Salvation being the least offensive, but the worst sin it commits is making the future war look drab and boring when Terminator 2 makes it look awesome and intense.

Terminator, and i'll add the Alien franchise, two franchises that really shouldn't be franchises. Two good movies, stop trying to make more sequels.

I rarely ever watch movies (I just can't sit through hours of something I'm nyot allowed to pause since I always watch them with my parents), syo the last movie I watched was the Barbie movie back when it was only in cinemas (around the start of August, I think). Honestly, I enjoy movies way more when I'm watching them in cinemas...

Toy Story 1. Decided to see all the movies to see if i like them, specially the first and second which i have seen before but haven't in basically 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom