• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Movies/TV What was the last movie you watched?

saw the new Gorbilla movie

a film about a giant mutant lizard should not make a 23 year old man (my brother) cry but miraculously it did, would very much recommend

Saw Migration (it's that movie about the ducks that's out in theaters right now, and it was a great little movie! Definitely recommend, especially if you like ducks/birds in general!) the day after Christmas with a friend, and after that I watched 101 Dalmatians for the first time in like, 10 years probably.

I'm watching, for the first time, the 1965 epic Doctor Zhivago. I'm not familiar with the book, and I didn't know much about the plot going in. I just knew it's a well-regarded classic.

I'm writing this after having stopped at the intermission—this is from back when movies of a certain length had the courtesy to build in leg-stretching time—and I'm very intrigued. I'm not all that familiar with the Russian Civil War; that's not something we learned about in any of my history classes in school (probably to my detriment). I'd never heard of the "White Guard" or the "Red Guard." So it took me roughly the first third of the film to get a grasp on what was actually going on lol. Even the central characters were hard to keep track of, given the unfamiliar names, but I slowly figured out who everyone was and how they were related.

Once I finally had a handle on what was happening lol, I started to find the whole thing more interesting. It's clear that the civil war took a toll on absolutely everyone, as wars (and especially civil wars) are wont to do. I find myself not really caring about the slow-burn love story unfolding and instead caring more about the human side of the underlying conflict, which rears its head every so often. The big reveal (accompanied by no instrumentals, to eerie effect) before the end of the first part makes me want to keep watching.

Last edited:
Netflix decided to temporarily put Nimona up on their official YouTube for free, so I got around to watching it.

I thought it was pretty aight. I wouldn't say I loved it like a lot seem to, but it's heart was in the right place, and it was nice seeing a mainstream animated family with blatant queer characters and themes. Glad to see it actually release after it almost got entirety cancelled

also, man, seeing the Blue Sky section in the credits got me teary-eyed

Didn't notice this thread was recently posted in. As said in the other film thread from Tubi:

• The Man Called Flintstone
  • The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones

Plus Batman Beyond Return of the Joker as I did a Batman Beyond binge on Max.

Great show, right?! (y) :cool:

Yep and while I'm aiming for more DCAU and DC binging, I also did dip into relevant Justice League Unlimited episodes.

Just think though. Back in the early 2000s we were lucky that WB released the Uncut version of the film, now on Tubi and Max it's the default.

Also going to be watching the original Care Bears movies. Also courtesy of TubiTV.

Back
Top Bottom