• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first Pokémon?

What was your first ever Pokémon

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 78 11.3%
  • Charmander

Votes: 148 21.5%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 116 16.9%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 77 11.2%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 53 7.7%
  • Totodile

Votes: 31 4.5%
  • Treecko

Votes: 29 4.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 36 5.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 32 4.7%
  • Umbreon & Espeon

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Eevee

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 21 3.1%
  • Piplup

Votes: 24 3.5%

• Total voters
Technically, my first Pokémon was Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow. But I couldn't even read back then, so I tend not to count that.

Officially, I consider Cyndaquil in Silver to be my first. Not sure which one you guys would say takes priority, so I'm not going to cast my vote until someone can clarify that.

First Pokemon was Squirtle back on Red version. Sweet nostalgia indeed. Me and that Squirtle were unbeatable, beasting our way through caves, gyms, and the Elite Four when he was a full grown Blastoise. Truly one of the best friends I've ever had. I understood him, and he understood me. We were one.

My first was Bulbasaur in FireRed (I didn't start playing Pokemon right away, so that was my first game). I think I still have that Venusaur somewhere on my Diamond. It was also the first Pokemon that I trained to level 100, so it's still pretty special to me.

After trading Venusaur to another game, I restarted FireRed and started with Squirtle, and I figured out that water was my favorite type, and it still is to this day. But, Venusaur still has a place in my heart.

chikorita was the starter i chose for silver. if i could find that game i would tell you everything about it... all i remember is that it's level 100 and a total bad ass.

Well, technically, Dawn the Charmander on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon:Explorers of Time, but otherwise, Slushie the Piplup on Pokémon Diamond. (I only started at Gen. IV...)

Hmm.... It was so long ago...... My first game was the old Gold version, but I replayed that one soooo many times that I can't remember which starter I chose first. LOL

So my first Pokemon was either a Chikorita Cyndaquil or Totodile.

Charmander in Pokemon Red was my first ever Pokemon. I remember that day I was so exited and had no idea it would take me so far.

Nostalgia gets me everytime :bawl:
tumblr_lixj0orK1R1qdsmoho1_500.gif

It was a pikachu in my sisters pokemon yellow :3

My first partner where i was allowed to save on the game was squirtle on Blue. Damn squirtle rocks, seriously. My fave 2 starters are Squirtle and Turtwig, because they both evolve into fucking tanks.

I think it was either torchic or treeko. or was it mudkip XD i honestly cant remember. i do know the first pokemon i caught was poocheyana

My first ever Pokemon was Bulbasaur In Pokemon Red. Before getting and playing the game, I heard he was the best choice for a beginning trainer because his moves are effective against the first two Gym Leaders. Unfortunately, I made a silly mistake in not training him to level 13 to learn Vine Whip before facing Brock, so he was a massive pain to defeat.

My First ever Pokemon was a Charmander , In the Pokemon Fire Red Version in 2004. I chose it because it was a fire type pokemon & it looked cool

Pikachu, because I got Yellow Version about 5 months before finally getting Blue Version. Ironically, I don't even like Pikachu that much.

My very first pokemon in any pokemon game was Totodile in Gold. Come a long way since then. The grass starter is hardest so they say in most gen games, but does not a poor team make.

My first Pokemon ever was a Turtwig that I nicknamed Leafy, it's now a level 100 Torterra that knows the following moves: Earthquake, Frenzy Plant, Stone Edge, and Crunch.

Back
Top Bottom