• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was your first Pokémon?

What was your first ever Pokémon

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 78 11.3%
  • Charmander

Votes: 148 21.5%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 116 16.9%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 77 11.2%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 23 3.3%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 53 7.7%
  • Totodile

Votes: 31 4.5%
  • Treecko

Votes: 29 4.2%
  • Torchic

Votes: 36 5.2%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 32 4.7%
  • Umbreon & Espeon

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Eevee

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 15 2.2%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 21 3.1%
  • Piplup

Votes: 24 3.5%

• Total voters
Torchic, I remember putting in ruby and picking the the cutest one(I was nine at the time) and only raised that little guy.

my first was pikachu! i was so new to the games, and only had knowledge from the anime, so it took me a longggg time to even get passed the pewter gym... orz

i still remember not understanding how ash could beat brock with pikachu, but i couldn't. /:<

A pikachu named Shocker whom I spent countless hours grinding when I realized I could train my caterpie and use it to pwn Brock.

I was either 6 or 7, it was Pokemon Red and every child wanted a Charizard, so I picked Charmander. Almost every kid at my school picked Charmander, one boy picked a Squirtle to try and beat us all, but failed. Not one person, not one, chose poor Bulbasaur, although now whenever I play Firered, I always pick Bulbasaur.

Also it was funny looking back just how homogeneous everyone was at my school. Every team apart from the boy who picked Squirtle, was Charizard, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Dragonite.

Mine was Squirtle in FireRed, I remember it was Jolly, which is ironic as it is next to useless on Blastoise.

Chespin actually! This was in Super Mystery Dungeon. Right now its name is Ryeowook (fyi I used to be a casual fan of Super Junior) and its moves are Bite, Body Slam, Bulk Up, and Leech Seed.

As for mainline games, that would be Rowlet. Its nickname is Miles (was a very casual fan of AA). I don't remember its moveset unfortunately.

Umbreon and Espeon in Colosseum, the very first two Pokemon I ever used on a team. Never forget you two. (Also my beloved Torchic, who was my first starter in a main series title, in Emerald. Never forget you either. RIP. You'll always be in my memories......:cry:)

Last edited:
Squirtle. All because of Blastoise's french name (which is Tortank), which I thought (and still think) was so cool that I needed to have it. But then I shifted towards Bulbasaur as my starter of choice in Gen 1, though I did pick Squirtle often in all my resets of Fire Red.

My first Pokémon was Treecko! I remember going though all 3 starters in a split second each then deciding I liked all 3 so I chose the one I saw first.

I rushed it pretty hard considering I did not want professor to get mauled by dog. :LOL:

It would be Torchic in Pokémon Emerald. The choice was by random selection, and considering that Emerald was my first ever Pokémon game, it was pretty over-leveled and carried me throughout most of the game. Unfortunately, it is "dead" now considering that my game perma-crashed immediately after beating the Elite Four, and that still gives me crippling depression lol

Back
Top Bottom