• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would Pokemon Conquest look like in Europe?

Shenili

That third Unova Starter
Reaction score
For some people that don't know what Pokemon Conquest is, it's a Pokemon crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition, a game where you have to conquer and unificate 16th century Japan.

Imagine the same thing in Europe where real midieval kings and knights would fight to conquer all of Europe.

Probably the same gameplay wise, I don't see the change in setting making a lot of difference there.
I meant more plot wise and i'm pretty sure that something like discovering new territories could be possible. Like, setting a new kingdom of some sort or trading with other kingdoms. connected Europe is pretty different from isolated Japan.

I'm not sure who could play an antagonist role though.. maybe.. Ottoman empire?

Now i want someone to make pokemon fanart of famous kings

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4 UK countries would fight all the time to see who is the best but be allies forever and always, especially when it comes to hating France. Plus with the recent EU stuff, the rest of Europe wouldn't be looking so favourably on those 4 'kingdoms. Maybe you start in England, gain Wales, Scotland, NI and then the rest are neutral/against the UK etc. UK vs EU.

Hey! There are other powerful swords too!

It would have a new gameplay mechanic.
A quarter of your units would die each year due to the plague.

For some people that don't know what Pokemon Conquest is, it's a Pokemon crossover with Nobunaga's Ambition, a game where you have to conquer and unificate 16th century Japan.

Imagine the same thing in Europe where real midieval kings and knights would fight to conquer all of Europe.
How about Napoleon's Ambition

Or maybe could be the divided factions in Renaissance Italy?
Or it could potentially be a crossover with Fire Emblem as well.

It would have a new gameplay mechanic.
A quarter of your units would die each year due to the plague.
Well that would be a short game!

How about Napoleon's Ambition
Sounds awesome :giggle: and you will start in UK!
Or maybe could be the divided factions in Renaissance Italy?
Or it could potentially be a crossover with Fire Emblem as well.
Ok.. now when should the game take place?? 5th century isn't like the Napoleon times... maybe 16th century like the original?

Definitely would have a lot of Gen VI Pokemon involved in the story. Add in Mr. Mime and Mime Jr. for more European flavor as a court jester. I'd love to see something like this should it ever come to fruition.

Something like that could be interesting, such as having Genghis Khan taking the place of Nobunaga or being about the Roman Empire and all the drama that went on there. I'd prefer one based on the American Revolution, though.

And what 18 kingdoms would be there? What 18 placesof Europe would they be based of?

Last edited:
There are a bunch of types of possible series if we count every single famous war general/monarch.

Alternatively, putting them all in one setting regardless of their actual existing era could be interesting in their own way. Having some of the later era people fanboy/fangirl over the B.C. era people could also be a fun aspect if they actually favored their strategies.

And what 18 kingdoms would be there? What 18 placesof Europe would they be based of?

UK
France
Spain
Germany
Itlay
Ireland
Holland
Portugal
Russia
Sweden
Poland
Greece
Belguim
Finland
Denmark
Austria
Hungary
Turkey

Was struggling towards the end tbh

UK
France
Spain
Germany
Itlay
Ireland
Holland
Portugal
Russia
Sweden
Poland
Greece
Belguim
Finland
Denmark
Austria
Hungary
Turkey

Was struggling towards the end tbh
1. When is this?

2. You didn't mention a country that I love in 3:<

1. When is this?

2. You didn't mention a country that I love in 3:<

Your country is probably too small, since I doubt somewhere like say Montenegro or Malta would get in. As for when it could be... eh just go with strerotypes etc and have it just have famous people with the time not mattering. Only way there could be a time would be like WW2 or something... but you then have Hitler, lol and then it'd be banned in Europe

Your country is probably too small, since I doubt somewhere like say Montenegro or Malta would get in. As for when it could be... eh just go with strerotypes etc and have it just have famous people with the time not mattering. Only way there could be a time would be like WW2 or something... but you then have Hitler, lol and then it'd be banned in Europe

I only think it would be banned in Germany.
However, if it was set in WW2, then we could have a Pokémon game featuring: Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini. That would be hilarious. It probably would be a bit controversial though.

Another possible time period could be during the 30 years war from 1618 to 1648. I looked at Wikipedia and these were the participating kingdoms, that could be playable:
Belligerents
Anti-Habsburg States and Allies:

Sweden (from 1630)
Denmark-Norway (1625–1629)
United Provinces
France (from 1635)
Bohemia (1618–1620)
Saxony
The Palatinate (until 1623)
Brandenburg-Prussia
Brunswick-Lüneburg
England (1625–30)
Scotland (1625–38)
Transylvania (from 1619)
Supported by:
Ottoman Empire
Russian Tsardom

Habsburg States and Allies:
Holy Roman Empire

Spanish Empire
Hungary
Kingdom of Croatia
Denmark-Norway (1643–1645)
Supported by:
Poland
Zaporizhian Cossack

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom