• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What YouTube channels do you frequently watch?

• Ashens - British guy reviews/shows off a variety of toot on his brown sofa, ranging from cheap tat bought at Poundland or other discount stores, weird 80s and 90s toys, video game stuff, cheap microwave foods, weird foods sent to him from overseas, and decades old expired food and drink.
  • Dankpods - Australian guy yells at nuggets (cheap mp3 players) and blows up dirty buds (the crappy earbuds you get with these crappy cheap mp3 players that are nothing but mids and sound like kid's percussion) Also Frank says nothing.
  • Smoorez - Australian guy reviews bootleg electronics, usually smartphones, that he buys off of websites like Wish, Temu, or AliExpress. Very rambly and goes very in-depth with his videos (like literally unless he's reviewing something where he doesn't need to go in-depth on what it is, like a bootleg SSD that claims to be 2 TB for just $20 but in reality is just a 64 GB microSD card inside a microSD card reader that's been modified to read as 2 TB, expect his videos to be like 45 minutes to an hour long)
  • Noel Philips - British guy who does travel videos, usually of planes and trains. Unlike a lot of travel YouTubers (who pretty much just do the expensive luxurious things), he does a good mix of the 'Wow that's so fancy, I'll never afford this' and 'OK this is something a lot of people could afford to do'.
  • Barry Lewis - British guy, friend of Ashens, who does cooking videos. Often does reviews of kitchen gadgets he buys, trying out cooking hacks he finds on the internet, and videos with his wife where they make the same dish twice but one with cheap ingredients and one with expensive ingredients to see if it's actually worth paying more money or not
  • LGR - Showing off retro tech, vintage PCs, and some video game reviews.
  • This Does Not Compute - Basically the same thing as LGR, just minus video game reviews
  • Michael MJD - Once again, basically the same thing but again minus video game reviews
  • Kitboga - Scambaiter, really cathartic to watch because fuck scammers. Scammers are scum.
  • The Unlucky Tug - Really in-depth videos about Thomas the Tank Engine (and sometimes its obscure and short-lived sister show TUGS).
  • Train of Thought - Weekly videos about trains, specifically about trains throughout history and stuff
IDK if y'all can tell, but I like trains, retro PCs and retro gaming, and manky bootleg shit lol.

I have a bookmarks folder dedicated to YouTube channels. Which means this is going to be a long list.

Pop Arena: Fiction analysis and research. Best known for Nick Knacks, which is a Nickelodeon history series from the perspective of the shows that aired on the channel. (I should probably clarify that it's Nickelodeon's American channel.)

Kohdok: Currently analyzes board games and trading card games. In the past it was quite the grab bag, but toy reviews were the focus. Most noteworthy for the series The Seven Deadly Sins of TCG Design, along with its follow up Errata Text. He can be a bit harsh, even when people pay him to make a video.

Game Maker's Toolkit: Video game analysis. If I had to pick a recurring series to highlight, I would say Boss Keys, which dives deep into map design. There's also Developing, a diary series about creating a video game that should be concluding... this year?

People Make Games: Games journalism. The topics run the gamut from specific obscure events to heavy hitting investigations.

Gamechamp 3000: Challenge runner, putting her videos under the banner of VG Myths. Honestly the best parts of her videos are the humor in the writing, not the absurd restrictions. (Although the challenges are crazy too.) Updates infrequently, especially after a recent run broke her hands.

Shut Up & Sit Down: Board game reviews, though again, the real appeal here is the humor.

ClementJ64: Video game video essayist, former Let's Player. Created a "Clement Remembers Final Fantasy!" video for every mainline entry of Final Fantasy up to 15, including numbered sequels. (Don't expect much for 11, it's distinctly a personal series and he never really got to play 11.) More recently, there's the Humble Beginnings series about the first entries of long running series.

Overly Sarcastic Productions: (I feel like people already know this one, but might as well describe it for completeness.) A channel covering history, myths, and storytelling. It's really a bit of everything, so much so I'm having a hard time picking a series to highlight. I guess I'd go with Miscellaneous Myths, which retells myths from various cultures with artwork and sarcasm.

MTGGoldfish (and associated channels): Magic: the Gathering gameplay videos in assorted decks and formats, played on the online clients. I consider Against the Odds to be the most notable work; it is a series about playing decks built around unconventional cards. Usually the deck winds up being bad and only occasionally gets to "go off" and work as intended, but hoping that the deck gets a chance to prove itself is half the fun.

Tolarian Community College: Magic: the Gathering variety channel. Reviews a whole bunch of products, both the official card releases and the accessories used alongside the cards. (It used to be more known for deck sleeve and deck box reviews, but he's reviewed so many that there isn't much on the market that doesn't already have a video.) There's deck techs, box openings, gameplay, comedy skits, and the occasional ramble.

Pikasprey Yellow: Mostly a Pokemon channel about weirdness in the earlier Pokemon games, and sometimes branches out to reviewing games from other series. Of note is Soft Lock Picking, which is all about creating softlocks in older Pokemon games. Most of the time, instead of making it a true lock, there's an escape method left open. Said method is designed to either take an eternity to complete or be incredibly unlikely to be successful, both of which are entertaining. Also has a stream archive channel (Pikasprey Blue), but usually I don't watch it except for the Purity Forest runs.

Mark Rober: Engineer, generally makes silly videos about building something crazy with the trick that they're actually educational. Some elements of the science behind the build are explained. Of course, some videos are a little less about learning, such as the series of Gitterbomb videos that were normally released every December. (It was supposed to have concluded in 2022, then an extra video came out last year which is also billed as the final video.) In those videos, Mark put out fake packages for porch pirates to steal, which were actually elaborate machines that pump out glitter and fart spray by the bushel while recording the reaction for prosperity.

Last edited:
I am really into True Crime/Mystery and True Horror. So I watch a lot... interesting and crazy stuff. I just find them fascinating. I really dug myself into a rabbit hole with these channels, haha.

YouTubers I watch are:

Lazy Masquerade - An excellent YouTuber who talks about very unknown and disturbing cases. He has even helped solve some unsolved ones. Highly recommend.

Nexpo
- His content is well-researched and of the highest quality. His video editing is top tier.

Coffeehouse Crime - A great channel dedicated to crime stories.

Ailurus - I watch his r/morbidreality videos for a dose of crazy things that have happened in history.

Chilling Scares - Another good true horror channel.

Disturban - A good true crime channel. He also has a side channel dedicated to historical atrocities called Disturban History.

blameitonjorge - If you like videos about lost media - his channel is for you.

ScareTheater
- Similar to Chilling Scares.

Evil Intentions
- If you are local to the New York City area, or like NYC in general... his channel is dedicated to unknown true crime stories that happened in the city.

Chills - I mostly watch his content for the shits and giggles. Yes, he is the infamous Top15s "Number 15" guy with the monotone voice regarding paranormal stuff. I just respect the guy for embracing that he is a meme, lol.

There's also Buzzfeed Unsolved's True Crime & Supernatural videos with Shane Madej and Ryan Bergara. But a while back they quit Buzzfeed and made their own channel, Watcher. Their Mystery Files and Ghost Files series are the successors to Unsolved. Fun content.

And finally, for a typical YouTuber I watch videos of... I've been a fan of MoistCr1TiKaL or penguinz0 for years. I generally watch his content. Charlie is a funny guy.

Recently my mum and I have been watching that Masaru fellow who cooks weird sea creatures. We think it's both unnerving and hilarious how enthusiastic he is about eating stuff that could literally kill him.

1. Cinemassacre: Yeah, Angry Video Game Nerd and rewatching Board James & You Know What's BS.

2. Atop the Fourth Wall

3. Strawberry Shortcake Berry in the Big City: What it says in the channel name. Even though the last handful of episodes have been given advanced release on Paramount Plus. Just means I won't stay awake for the YT premiere.

4. Power Rangers Official: Yep, various Power Rangers. I will probably do a heavy binge in the future, but for now just a handful of episodes from a season or random views.

5. Console Wars: Videos on whether a game was better or worse on the Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis. Sometimes just games of a similar genre if not franchise and sometimes the original Nintendo Entertainment System VS the Sega Master System.

6. Watchtower Database

7. Brutalmoose

8. Pat The NES Punk: Sometimes I watch his podcasts, but especially watch his character based show. Also as an aside, got his books reviewing the NES and SNES library and will get the N64 book.

9. Casually Comics

10. Scott the Woz

The Critical Drinker I enjoy listening to his movie reviews and also frequently watch his Open Bar videos where it's him, MauLer and a few others.

Lately I've been into Coffeehouse Crime, Scary Interesting, Green Dot Aviation, A Micro Apartment Life, Robert E Fuller (birds!! <3), and Girl With the Dogs (1 and 2). On top of some aesthetic unboxers like MK V and apple tree girl unboxing. I've got a pretty varied set of interests when it comes to videos atm lol. (b' ')b

finally a fellow Ian appreciator

Yep. Especially his reviews of the earlier Disney Channel Original Movies and Gerbert.

Oh and to anyone in general, Linkara from Atop the 4th Wall actually was drawn in a cameo of Archie Comics Sonic the Hedgehog #257:
20240410_131050.jpg

Said cameo was acknowledged in the video by the issue artist Evan Stanley:

Lately the only five Youtubers I usually watch often/when I can are STUDIO AP art, akidearest, Sakura Stardust, KyotoRobato and Alteori. The first because I really, really love his art and outside of those on Pixiv and JP twitter I follow, is one of the few artists on the internet I actively enjoy because his artwork is just that appealing and great. Akidearest mainly because I like watching what she talks about, a lot of it focused on Japan for obvious reasons, but other videos of miscellaneous topics she occasionally posts are a treat. Sakura Stardust is similar, but she focuses more on niche topics about/in Japan, which is also fun. KyotoRobato is one of the few crime/mystery channels I'm subscribed to that I actively watch because some of what he posts can be out there or weird, plus he actually keeps me engaged throughout the videos compared to some other crime channels. And finally Alteori, I like a lot of her reviews and the fact that she pokes fun at things, even stuff she likes as well, makes her more chill and fun to watch, also her mascot is just so cute which is a plus.

Aside from them, other videos I watch are usually either cute animal channels (too many of which I'm subbed to and would take forever to type out lol), or analysis videos on my favorite anime/manga or characters.

the youtube channels i watch are alpharad (+ his other channels alpharad gold & alpharad replay & wildcard), anthpo, absolblogspokemon, sushi ramen riku, twosetviolin, watcher, and technically dropout (i usually use their app since i have a subscription, but they also have a youtube channel so...). don't know if this counts, but i also watch the yorushika channel's music videos pretty often.

JohnStone (+Live and Vods), Jaiden Animations (+channels associated with her), MunchingOrange, ColeyDoesThings, Jonna Jinton, ConnerTheWaffle, 12Tone, Design Doc, Dream Jelly, blameitonjorge, Anthony Padilla, Athena P, the Theorist channels (though I've kept up with Style Theory and Food Theory more so as of late), Izzzyzzz, Li Speaks, Liam Triforce, ZoomZike... and many, many more.

Back
Top Bottom