• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Whats your favorite game other than Pokemon?

To be honest, I am not sure how it holds up in my mind; but I usually say one of my favorite games is Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. I thought the comedy is still somewhat funny to this day, and the game has a fun gameplay loop to it.

F-Zero GX. The game is difficult to learn, but the high speed experience is like no other. Not to mention the OST being great for its time, even going as far as to make individual themes for each pilot. And this is a game from 2003 !

The Sims series and Animal Crossing series are at the top for me and have been for a very long time. I like life sims, and focusing more on designing homes, socialization and character customization. I always have!

Absolutely Legend of Zelda, I grew up with the series earlier than even Pokemon and it's been a huge part of my life since, especially during rough patches. I was pretty happy when BOTW gave a huge influx to newer fans aswell.
Nice, Legend of Zelda was a great game that occupied me when I was younger!

I've got a fair few but I'll list the ones I adore.

Breath of Fire 3: A classic RPG from an underrated series on the PSX. This game is my all-time favorite game and I adore the hell out of it. It has the best character, the best mechanics, the best Dragon transformation system, the best lore, and some of the best sprite graphics of its time. I can see its flaws and it does show its age (though it aged much better than some games on the same system) but I can accept them because they're not too bad (especially compared to other entries in the series). It's a hidden gem that deserves more love but Capcom seems perfectly fine letting it (and the series as a whole) rot, which is a real shame.

Monster Rancher 4: Yes, you read that right: I like Monster Rancher. Easily the best game in the Monster Rancher franchise. It has all the mechanics honed and refined to perfection, you can raise up to 5 monsters at once, better and more diverse training methods, more interactions with your monsters, the game has an actual story that plays a huge part in the characters' lives, and great characters in general. It has a few downsides (the Counter mechanic really hampers glass cannons like Pixies and favors mighty glaciers like Golems, which makes it a bit unbalanced) but it's clearly the best game in the franchise.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Yes, you read that right again, I like Digimon (and as much as I hate to say it, I like it more than Pokemon nowadays). Ever since Digimon did an audience shift to cater to more adult fans (which I feel was a very smart move), starting with this game, I was quite pleased. Cyber Sleuth (NOT Hacker's Memory, that game can die a fiery death) is one of the best games the franchise pulled out in recent years. Great selections of Mons (including ones like Royal Knights and Demon Lords), fun, lovable characters with plenty of character development, a great plot with several fun twists (even if the main villain has been reused a few times now), and really good gameplay. It takes classic turn-based RPG and gives it a fresh twist. Plus there's a lot of hidden secrets and Easter Eggs if you know your Digi-Lore. Really, I love this game and I always try to use some different Mons with each playthrough.

Kirby and the Forgotten Land. The developers really knocked it out of the park for that release, with crazy boss fights, adorable characters, music with additional layers of instrumentation compared to the past, and a suite of new powers that ensured I was always excited to see what the next level had in store. The only bad part is that I can only have one initial playthrough, and I already used it.

My favorite game is currently Xenoblade Chronicles. No other game has nailed the idea of "video games as art" for me than this one. It's got:
  • An immersive, interconnected world with fantastic premise & lore
  • Lovable characters with some of the best voice acting performances I've ever heard in any medium
  • Music and environments that reflect the atmosphere, beauty, and grandeur of the world
  • Gameplay that seamlessly integrates story/lore concepts and emphasizes progression through exploration
  • An incredible story with multiple twists and turns that feels complete in its themes and execution, yet leaves the player thinking long after it's over
It's truly a one-of-a-kind experience. I'd specifically point to the Switch version as the best way to play it.

I would say World of Warcraft, I have played at least a month on each of the first 7 expansions, only skipped the 8th, and the 9th ongoing one still idk, I am against a few recent developments there, but it is still a core part of my childhood, and some of the teen years too.

I would say World of Warcraft, I have played at least a month on each of the first 7 expansions, only skipped the 8th, and the 9th ongoing one still idk, I am against a few recent developments there, but it is still a core part of my childhood, and some of the teen years too.
I learned about it a few years ago from McJuggerNuggets video (although it was probably something else I learned about it from).

Anyone play Gal Metal? (I don’t have that game anymore, I got rid of it as it didn’t save the extra characters, I could not access them and yeah, but that’s a whole other can of worms. I think I flushed that game (I’ll explain later) or lost it. And that was a few years ago, got it 2020, same day as LGE, and got rid of Gal Metal late 2020 or early 2021).

Back
Top Bottom